Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Light and sheer coverage for those who don’t want cakey face. Also gives my faces a glow. It won’t cover your obvious flaws like rosacea or scars but good for those who want a light wear on some days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is very thin. I had high hopes because I used to love MAC F&B and this consistency was similar. I wanted this for redness cover and didn't expect it to conceal any blemishes. I could not find a good way to apply it. I tried multiple brushes, beauty blender, hands... It showed dry spots in places that I didn't even know were there! This foundation stuck on all the already good spots on my skin and slid off the parts that needed covering. So I looked cakey AND red faced. Not a good look. Really disappointed, but at least I didn't spend much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The color matched my skin really well, but it certainly didn’t apply like a serum. It was extremely matte and drying to the skin. That said, it works a lot better once I moisturized with day cream. I wouldn’t repurchase because there are other foundations that don’t require moisturizer beforehand.

I really really like this <3

It's got good medium coverage. I have shade 2.1 Y, and it is almost yellow enough for me, which I love. I've so far not been able to find a foundation yellow enough for my undertone and this is the closest I've ever gotten.

I love the texture, it so light, it blends like a dream, and just meshes with your skin, makes it look so smooth. You know how when you're 1cm away from a mirror, you can sometimes see there's foundation on? Yeah, you can't see this one, it's practically invisible.

I did notice however, that it transfers more easily than my other foundations. Nothing horrible, but keep that in mind and avoid touching your face. Additionally, if I added two layers, it can sink into fine lines just a Teensy Tiny bit. Barely even noticeable unless you're 1cm away from a mirror, but it's probs better to use a light layer if you have lots of line on your face.

I feel like the best application method is to put it on with a brush, then tap it in with a sponge to get rid of streaks.

Overall: would definitely recommend if you want a lightweight, medium coverage foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is so much better than the coverage one in terms of texture and staying power. This is much more watery than the coverage foundation but only a tad less coverage than the other. To be honest, it was easy for the other one to look cakey or “makeup-ish” so I only used little dots every time, maybe that’s why I think the coverage is the same. But the serum foundation feels better on spreading , also there’s less worry that it’d look unnatural. I ordered 1.1NS which has silver highlights in it. I noticed a slight sheen to it comparing to 1.2N but that’s all. Also a tiny bit paler, which is lighter than my nc15-20. I think 1.1NS would be suitable for nc10 or N10. Dried down to semi matte and it covers my pores beautifully.
However oil control is a big no. I’m oily in summer and I look greasy by the end of the day. Using oil control primer helped a lot unlike the coverage foundation where there’s no hope at all. In winter when my skin is good this is perfect. But when my skin starts to flake I would reach out to other more hydrating products. I do not see how I can use it alone as a foundation. Overall it’s a good product given it’s price and color range, good coverage and very beautiful finish, but touch ups are necessary for oily skin people

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These went in the trash. Very little coverage if at all and the wrong colors for my skin even though I followed their recommendations for my skin color based on my MAC equivalent. They were both too light. I chose the ones that were supposed to be closest to MAC NC 20 per Wayne Goss' comments but they were way too light even after oxidation. Glad I tried them out but no great loss.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up out of curiosity and I am not all that impressed. It's very yellow and in my case, 1.2YG was too light (NC25-30; 220 in Fenty and W4 in L'Oreal True Match) - then it dried down darker and ended up being a really good match. The formula itself is super thin and runny. I applied using my RT sponge and it took some work to blend. The coverage is medium but not buildable, at least not in my case. It didn't blend at all around my nose area an ended up being very patchy and even pilled up along the side creases of my nose. I didn't see any difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm not terribly disappointed since the price point is so low. I do like the simple packaging and the locking pump. That said, I wouldn't repurchase.

Well, I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. Even though I set it with a mattifying powder, I still became a oil slick within a few hours. Coverage is decent. Natural, nah not really. I generally prefer powder foundations so would stick to that instead!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am a fan of this line, and have found several products to be staples, (retiniods, vit C, HA.) I like the singular ingredients for mixing and matching purposes, the clinical packaging and of course, the extremely reasonable price point.

I ordered this foundation the second it came out, in 2.1 y. (MAC C3/C4/NC 40)The shade was truly peachy, and borderline unwearable. I ordered a 2.0 neutral as a mixer, and was caught in the multi week wait.

I have had both shades and tried mixing then for several weeks now. I just can't get it to work perfectly. The 2.0 is very light, and I'm still coming up with a shade that's too peach.

The coverage is light to medium, Demi-matte and pretty. It does cling to dry patches, but that's what foundations do. It's a water-like consistency with a potentially dangerous messily squirting pump. It takes a bit of work to get the makeup to settle in and stop moving around the surface of the face. I've tired the RT face brush, the BB sponge, and the Clariosnic foundation head. The most effective tool, in my mind, is the BB. This is a good, not great foundation at a great price.