Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, the good thing is the price, if you have dry skin, it feels nice on the skin..now, my skin doesn't look great when I use it...I bought it, used it a few times, and went back to other foundations that make my skin look better ..it is a serum foundation. So coverage is light., like you have nothing on, which isn't my goal when wearing foundation ..I am beginning to fear the Ordinary line does. have many products that are quite basic..if you are young with good skin, go for it...now as I get older, I look for more complex formulations..so, it is ok, but I didn't love it at all.. choice of colors is tricky, very yellow tones .

I have never worn foundation, only a BB cream. I recently went to the Deciem store to pick up some skincare items and this serum foundation caught my eye and upon testing it, I fell in love. The bottle is adorable and comes with a pump. I got shade 1.0N and it’s a perfect match. I do not use a primer before applying this, only sunscreen. I blend it in with my fingers or the Ecotools kabuki brush. The Ordinary Serum Foundation doesn’t streak and is very easy to blend. There is no smell and it doesn’t cake. It is not too matte or too dewy, and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. To top it off, there is no oxidization. For reference, I have combination skin with no blemishes. The price is unbelievable low! This will replace my $47 BB cream. Thank you Deciem, I love you!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted this review with the Cover Foundation because I love them both so much, so if it sounds familiar don't be surprised haha.

This is one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Cover Foundation, this is lighter and has a more watery texture (think MAC Face and Body). Even though it is a lighter coverage, it's easy to layer and get the coverage you want, and it's versatile enough to get a good solid medium coverage out of this. It feels light on the skin, and since I'm more into natural coverage, I prefer this over the Cover foundation (though I love and regularly use both).

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely dewy finish, but my skin HATED it. My skin is now red, angry and flaky - having to use just E45 and bio oil on it at the moment. From reading up, it could be the coconut alkanes in it. Really surprised as I don’t have particularly sensitive skin. Perricone MD is the only other foundation that made me break out.

If you can choose the right colour online and your skin can tolerate it, it’s a great buy - but not for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say I do not understand the rave reviews. Firstly - while it’s cheap, you don’t get a lot of product for your money, putting it at about the same price as high street foundations. It markets itself as very lightweight and this may be true if you have very young skin but I do not find it to be so on my skin. I am in my 30s and while I have no proper lines or wrinkles I have very fine lines across my forehead. This sits in them terribly and really makes me look old. Not good! Compared to (yes a v high end) but still lightweight foundation like a ysl cushion foundation, I’d rather pay the money instead of looking older than I am

I ordered this in 1.2P as I read it was a good match for MAC NW20. I found it slightly yellower but still a pretty good colour match for my skin tone. It goes on quite pigmented and I got a better more natural result applying just one layer with a brush rather than two lighter layers with a sponge. A single pump was sufficient for the whole face. I found coverage-wise it was similar to the MAC Studio Waterweight. My skin is slightly dry so it stayed on for at least 8 hours before breaking down slightly but throughout the day it looked pretty natural and the colour was flattering. At the 10 hour mark it was showing some flaky patches on my chin and had sunk into my pores slightly, but most foundations do this to me especially over mineral sunscreen, even with a primer in between. Overall it's not bad, certainly not my HG but wearable. However, for a more polished natural look with better staying power I still prefer the Make Up Forever Ultra HD liquid foundation.

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I, really, really like this product. I think it's super lightweight and I would actually say the coverage is more than light, I'd say it's a solid medium on my skin. It's VERY lightweight and it feels like nothing on. It seems to be all pigment, which I don't mind at all. It tends to take on the qualities of your base, which means if you moisturize well and use a hydrating primer it'll feel very hydrating, etc. So customize as you want for your particular skin type. The only thing is I actually wish it came without the SPF and I can just wear my own underneath. I find that the physical sunblocks tend to look a bit weird on certain parts of my skin like my nose, when mixed with pigment on top of blackheads etc (almost like super tiny bumps where the sunblock settles and almost highlights). But that's the SPF not the foundation so if you havent had a problem with that before then you probably wont even notice (a lot of korean BB creams give me the same effect). Definitely recommend this. Will be repurchasing.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I thought it would be fun to see how they measure up against my HG foundations, the description certainly has a lot of high claims. I got the shade 1.0N for my pale skin, and it matches me quite well, shade-wise. Spreads like any silicone-based foundation, no drag on skin. A single layer (with a foundation brush) does give sheer coverage, it didn't cover anything. Two layers - same thing, everything I'd want covered is still visible. Piling it on makes it go sort of greasy, like stirring balm cleanser with a brush all over face. I could see some of the pigment gathering in pores and lines, which is never a good sign with my skin. Finish is definitely on the dewy side and it doesn't "set" without a powder. Which is all quite strange, as the description claims a semi-matte finish and a spreadability system to keep the foundation from settling into lines and make it longer-lasting. Lasting power is a bit of a foggy matter to begin with due to the exceptionally sheer pigmentation, but the foundation does get more and more shiny quickly (3-4 h mark). I wasn't impressed. No coverage, no sign of texture improvements (like some of the sheer cover products that blur surface irregularities and make skin look airbrushed), quite the opposite and turns greasy fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I ordered this end April and just received 1 of 9, the rest are still pending shipment.
The first that has arrived is the serum 1.2YG. It's a perfect match for my NC20 skin. I don't see any gold shimmer but it can look very slightly yellow. This isn't a problem as I'm quite yellow being Asian.
The key to this foundation is proper moisturising. Although the consistency is watery, it somehow dried to a matte finish. I set it with my hour glass ambient powder in incandescent light. It's very beautiful and skin like. It's really my skin but better. I've tried using my fingers and the real techniques sponge and I have to say, using my fingers is a lot better. I use less and have a higher coverage. Takes me 10 seconds Vs a minute using the sponge.
It hasn't completely covered my acne scarring but I dab some Estee Lauder concealer on light warm medium and I'm good to go.
This lasts quite a good few hours. I've worn it for 6 hrs and it hasn't caked or smudged or melted. Given that it's 16 degrees in Melbourne, it's doing great.
I'm waiting for the rest to come and I'll add on to this review.
Totally worth it for the price. Very pigmented and it doesn't feel like you have makeup on. The wait is long though. I ordered mine from Victoria Health.