Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.2

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have always had trouble finding a foundation that would not breakdown and disappear because my skin is so oily. I don't like heavy coverage, I prefer a lighter foundation. My skin tone is NC20-25 depending on how tan I am. This foundation is 1.2 YG and is a really good match for me. The serum foundation is very light, spreads easily, and I can layer it a bit for my problem areas. It stays put, doesn't move around. I don't get cakey or cracked around the sides of my nose. Towards the end of the day, I will have to touch it up a bit if I plan on going out after work, but that is not too bad for me, considering most foundations just disappear on my oil slick face. LOL!

I always use sunscreen, and this product works particularly well on top of The Ordinary's Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants. I will definitely buy this again, and I going to try their Coverage foundation to see how it works as a concealer for my dark spots and acne scars.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very oily, yet dehydrated skin. Foundations geared towards oily skin are often too dry and cakey (Fenty and Shiseido’s Syncro Skin), so I’m branching out to dewy finishes. I’m really happy with this! It’s not just “good for the price”, it’s pretty damn remarkable. This foundation is scentless and has a very thin consistency. Despite its claims of being low coverage, I find that it provides a solid medium coverage on my discoloured skin. It’s very blendable, and the longevity is amazing. I can go 12 hours in this with minimal fading. I don’t expect to stay matte in this of course, because this is supposed to be a dewy foundation. The pump is terrible; I’ve accidentally squirted foundation onto my clothes because it simply isn’t meant for something as fluid as this. It also doesn’t come with a cap, so travelling with this is gonna be another headache.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light coverage foundation. I love the amount of coverage it gives for daily use. The consistency is very liquidy and careful when extracting the product because it might spray everywhere. Best application for me is using a dense brush or a large stippling brush. Don't use sponge/beauty blenders because the sponge might absorb most of the product. It can last around 7-8 hours on my skin (no touch up).

Shade: 2.0YG
Consistency: Very runny
Coverage: Medium leaning towards light
Finish: Semi-matte/matte

I initially really, really liked this foundation. It blends out very smoothly on the skin, and looks incredibly natural despite it drying down pretty matte. Could be the (extremely subtle) gold glitter that helps give my skin the added glow. The first few times I wore it out, I felt like it held up well and didn't crease or settle into lines as well.

However, I've started to notice that it oxidises throughout the day. It's a shame because the initial shade is spot on, but it gets greyer and duller as I go about my day. Because 2.0YG has yellow undertones, it seems like the yellow also intensifies, so my face eventually has a slight tint of sickliness to it. Not a good look lol. It also began to settle into my pores more, despite me not changing any of my skincare or complexion makeup. I read an older review on here that contains the exact same complaints, so I don't think it's just my foundation in particular being weird.

Right now, I mix it in with a BB cream that's a just little too light for me to wear alone (Klairs Illuminating BB), and the two look great together. Still, it's a shame the foundation doesn't work fine on its own.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

I couldn't get this to work, at all. Thought it would go on smoothly like a serum, and remain that way. Unfortunately, just an hour after applying, my jag skin felt prickly as if covered in sand. Not at all comfortable, and certainly not a good look. I've tried applying with a blender, a brush, a cheap spongey thing and fingers. I guesse using my hands was what worked best, but it was still a little patchy. Also didn't get on at all with any of my liquid/gel/cream blushes. Still, it's not the worst i've ever tried, and it is cheap - so i'm not putting a 1 overall. If I remember to, i might give it another go in the summer. Could be less likely to crumble if the weather is warmer and more humid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the money, I think it's a very good foundation. I still prefer Armani Luminous Silk on my combination skin (neither excessively oily nor dry). I wear The Ordinary Serum Foundation over Bare Minerals Prep Step or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and it lasts well on my skin without feeling heavy or thick. I set with Charlotte Tilbury's pressed powder. Coverage is medium. It gives me a satin finish, similar to that of Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation.

I usually apply with a Beautyblender sponge, but when I travel sometimes I substitute a dry wedge sponge or a brush such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I like the foundation because I have a good color match and it evens out my skin tone without looking cakey or mask-like.

I've used more than half the bottle. I appreciate that The Ordinary includes a pump, however; I have learned to squirt this into the palm of my hand first. The pump has been known to squirt the foundation past my sponge and randomly onto nearby fabrics, the mirror, or the wall. I don't have this problem with all my foundation pumps, just this one. A minor quibble. I've also found that I need to shake the bottle before dispensing it. I've had the bottle for a few months.

I'll mention my shade in case this helps someone with a similar skin tone: In Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations I wear the shade 52 Vanille. In MAC's foundations I usually wear NC20 and Sand in Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation (not the new Long-Wear formula). In this foundation I am 1.2N Light Neutral, which has a yellow undertone. The Bourjois shade I wear is a bit less yellow than this one.

It's not my all-time favorite foundation but it's reasonably priced at $6.70, and I'm sure I'll finish the bottle. I like it enough to repurchase.

INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, COCONUT ALKANES, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, COCO CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIGLYCERYL TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HEXYL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TIN OXIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), MICA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, the good thing is the price, if you have dry skin, it feels nice on the skin..now, my skin doesn't look great when I use it...I bought it, used it a few times, and went back to other foundations that make my skin look better ..it is a serum foundation. So coverage is light., like you have nothing on, which isn't my goal when wearing foundation ..I am beginning to fear the Ordinary line does. have many products that are quite basic..if you are young with good skin, go for it...now as I get older, I look for more complex formulations..so, it is ok, but I didn't love it at all.. choice of colors is tricky, very yellow tones .