Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other

HG foundation for me.

It has the consistency of water but has an impressive amount of coverage given how light it is. The result is semi-matte and very natural. It lasts a long while with minimal powdering. I would surely buy again and again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I was so excited to try this foundation given all the hype and the price point. I ordered the 3.0R first and eventually ordered the 2.1P. I have normal skin with not much acne or any considerable problems except some surface redness. I usually like thinner foundations. This is one is super thin and runny, but also very comfortable. It spread easily with a Sigma F80 and 3DHD kabuki. It lasted all day comparable to any other foundations when I used a setting powder followed by a setting spray. I liked that the coverage wasn't so heavy that it let my freckles show through. It did cover my redness adequately.

However, why so yellow?! I don't exactly know my mac shade but my guess is NW35 to NW40, so I'm right on the line between 2.1P and 3.0R. After checking out a few swatches, I went with the 3.0R. Super orange on my skin tone, but probably the right depth of tone. I ordered the 2.1P and that was so many shades lighter (too light for me) but also has yellow undertones. Just for fun I mixed the 2.1P and the 3.0R and it looked like I put mustard on my face. If you are around medium/medium-tan and have cool undertones, the Ordinary will not have a good match for you. Hopefully they'll expand their shade range in the future.