Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I waited until I wore this at least 5 times before writing this. I haven't done a review in a while but felt the need because this was just so disappointing. The only good thing being the low price and it does feel pretty light on so a plus there. I tried this a few different ways: with primer, without primer, over sunscreen, not over sunscreen, etc... but after about hour 2 this stuff just looks horrible. I don't think I've ever had a foundation settle so much into my pores. It also gets really patchy. I'm wearing it now at work and can't wait to go home and take it off. Apparently it works for some people but maybe it's a skin-type sort of thing.

HG foundation for me.

It has the consistency of water but has an impressive amount of coverage given how light it is. The result is semi-matte and very natural. It lasts a long while with minimal powdering. I would surely buy again and again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I was so excited to try this foundation given all the hype and the price point. I ordered the 3.0R first and eventually ordered the 2.1P. I have normal skin with not much acne or any considerable problems except some surface redness. I usually like thinner foundations. This is one is super thin and runny, but also very comfortable. It spread easily with a Sigma F80 and 3DHD kabuki. It lasted all day comparable to any other foundations when I used a setting powder followed by a setting spray. I liked that the coverage wasn't so heavy that it let my freckles show through. It did cover my redness adequately.

However, why so yellow?! I don't exactly know my mac shade but my guess is NW35 to NW40, so I'm right on the line between 2.1P and 3.0R. After checking out a few swatches, I went with the 3.0R. Super orange on my skin tone, but probably the right depth of tone. I ordered the 2.1P and that was so many shades lighter (too light for me) but also has yellow undertones. Just for fun I mixed the 2.1P and the 3.0R and it looked like I put mustard on my face. If you are around medium/medium-tan and have cool undertones, the Ordinary will not have a good match for you. Hopefully they'll expand their shade range in the future.