Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have always had trouble finding a foundation that would not breakdown and disappear because my skin is so oily. I don't like heavy coverage, I prefer a lighter foundation. My skin tone is NC20-25 depending on how tan I am. This foundation is 1.2 YG and is a really good match for me. The serum foundation is very light, spreads easily, and I can layer it a bit for my problem areas. It stays put, doesn't move around. I don't get cakey or cracked around the sides of my nose. Towards the end of the day, I will have to touch it up a bit if I plan on going out after work, but that is not too bad for me, considering most foundations just disappear on my oil slick face. LOL!

I always use sunscreen, and this product works particularly well on top of The Ordinary's Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants. I will definitely buy this again, and I going to try their Coverage foundation to see how it works as a concealer for my dark spots and acne scars.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very oily, yet dehydrated skin. Foundations geared towards oily skin are often too dry and cakey (Fenty and Shiseido’s Syncro Skin), so I’m branching out to dewy finishes. I’m really happy with this! It’s not just “good for the price”, it’s pretty damn remarkable. This foundation is scentless and has a very thin consistency. Despite its claims of being low coverage, I find that it provides a solid medium coverage on my discoloured skin. It’s very blendable, and the longevity is amazing. I can go 12 hours in this with minimal fading. I don’t expect to stay matte in this of course, because this is supposed to be a dewy foundation. The pump is terrible; I’ve accidentally squirted foundation onto my clothes because it simply isn’t meant for something as fluid as this. It also doesn’t come with a cap, so travelling with this is gonna be another headache.

Highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply and provides great coverage.

I do not wear foundation on a daily basis. Only on certain occasions (weddings and other events that go on all day) will I wear foundation to keep shine at bay. This product is fine for those purposes and very affordable, but I won’t be repurchasing because without fail I will end up with clogged pores and minor breakouts (whiteheads and blackheads) the next day. Nothing so bad that I can’t manage it since I use it so rarely, but I would never use this everyday.

When travelling I recommend taping the top to secure it in the “closed” position as I’ve found the product tends to leak because the cap isn’t very secure and can easily be turned to “open” inside your make up bag.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation. I enjoy the finish(although if you're super oily you might not like it much), blends nicely, and evens out my skin. It's a good every-day foundation, and if I had good skin it would be my holy grail. Its also a really good shade match for me. My cons would be that it doesn't look great after a day of wearing it (without touch-ups), and often its very liquid texture can soak itself right into my sponge. Also, the packaging isn't great. The nozzle(?) gets clogged easily which can make your foundation projectile shoot itself all over(legit happened to me once. Medium dark foundation. In a line. In my WHITE bathroom).
Overall, I like it enough to want to buy it again when I run out.

Shade: 2.0YG
Consistency: Very runny
Coverage: Medium leaning towards light
Finish: Semi-matte/matte

I initially really, really liked this foundation. It blends out very smoothly on the skin, and looks incredibly natural despite it drying down pretty matte. Could be the (extremely subtle) gold glitter that helps give my skin the added glow. The first few times I wore it out, I felt like it held up well and didn't crease or settle into lines as well.

However, I've started to notice that it oxidises throughout the day. It's a shame because the initial shade is spot on, but it gets greyer and duller as I go about my day. Because 2.0YG has yellow undertones, it seems like the yellow also intensifies, so my face eventually has a slight tint of sickliness to it. Not a good look lol. It also began to settle into my pores more, despite me not changing any of my skincare or complexion makeup. I read an older review on here that contains the exact same complaints, so I don't think it's just my foundation in particular being weird.

Right now, I mix it in with a BB cream that's a just little too light for me to wear alone (Klairs Illuminating BB), and the two look great together. Still, it's a shame the foundation doesn't work fine on its own.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is perfect for those with yellow undertone, and want sheer to medium coverage. It's a thin liquid that is easy to blend. However this foundation was a bit too yellow for me, but the price is so good that you can mix two colors to get the right blend. The formula does separate so definitely give a shake before using. Because of these reasons I gave a 4 stars.
I am a loreal true match in N6-N6.5. And I used the Ordinary 3.0Y in medium dark, and I mix it with almay clear complexion makeup (which is too pink on its own). I like the overall look of this. It gives a nice lit from within finish, but still feels pretty matte. When I use this combo on its own, without powder or primer staying power is about 6 hours. I am sure with primer and setting powder it would be more. All in all its a great everyday foundation, that can be built up.

Honestly, from most of the reviews that i’ve seen or read, i didn’t expect anything at all. I literally bought it coz it was cheap and i was bored lol.

Now this foundation is literally all i use on a daily basis.

Pros :
-super duper light weight
-low medium coverage (right up my alley)
-goes on seamlessly with a brush
-doesnt accentuate any dryness or pores
-not cakey whatsoever
-do i need to mention the price again?
-on my skin the finish is not matte not dewy, it’s right at that middle sweet spot, “natural”

Cons :
Honestly i can’t think of anything.

For CAD 6.70 i have no complaints whatsoever.

10/10 would recommend.

Oh just in case this could be any help, the shade i got, 2.0YG is almost spot on like MUFE ultra HD Y245.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.