Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.4

Highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply and provides great coverage.

I do not wear foundation on a daily basis. Only on certain occasions (weddings and other events that go on all day) will I wear foundation to keep shine at bay. This product is fine for those purposes and very affordable, but I won’t be repurchasing because without fail I will end up with clogged pores and minor breakouts (whiteheads and blackheads) the next day. Nothing so bad that I can’t manage it since I use it so rarely, but I would never use this everyday.

When travelling I recommend taping the top to secure it in the “closed” position as I’ve found the product tends to leak because the cap isn’t very secure and can easily be turned to “open” inside your make up bag.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation. I enjoy the finish(although if you're super oily you might not like it much), blends nicely, and evens out my skin. It's a good every-day foundation, and if I had good skin it would be my holy grail. Its also a really good shade match for me. My cons would be that it doesn't look great after a day of wearing it (without touch-ups), and often its very liquid texture can soak itself right into my sponge. Also, the packaging isn't great. The nozzle(?) gets clogged easily which can make your foundation projectile shoot itself all over(legit happened to me once. Medium dark foundation. In a line. In my WHITE bathroom).
Overall, I like it enough to want to buy it again when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is perfect for those with yellow undertone, and want sheer to medium coverage. It's a thin liquid that is easy to blend. However this foundation was a bit too yellow for me, but the price is so good that you can mix two colors to get the right blend. The formula does separate so definitely give a shake before using. Because of these reasons I gave a 4 stars.
I am a loreal true match in N6-N6.5. And I used the Ordinary 3.0Y in medium dark, and I mix it with almay clear complexion makeup (which is too pink on its own). I like the overall look of this. It gives a nice lit from within finish, but still feels pretty matte. When I use this combo on its own, without powder or primer staying power is about 6 hours. I am sure with primer and setting powder it would be more. All in all its a great everyday foundation, that can be built up.

Honestly, from most of the reviews that i’ve seen or read, i didn’t expect anything at all. I literally bought it coz it was cheap and i was bored lol.

Now this foundation is literally all i use on a daily basis.

Pros :
-super duper light weight
-low medium coverage (right up my alley)
-goes on seamlessly with a brush
-doesnt accentuate any dryness or pores
-not cakey whatsoever
-do i need to mention the price again?
-on my skin the finish is not matte not dewy, it’s right at that middle sweet spot, “natural”

Cons :
Honestly i can’t think of anything.

For CAD 6.70 i have no complaints whatsoever.

10/10 would recommend.

Oh just in case this could be any help, the shade i got, 2.0YG is almost spot on like MUFE ultra HD Y245.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The color matched my skin really well, but it certainly didn’t apply like a serum. It was extremely matte and drying to the skin. That said, it works a lot better once I moisturized with day cream. I wouldn’t repurchase because there are other foundations that don’t require moisturizer beforehand.

I have never worn foundation, only a BB cream. I recently went to the Deciem store to pick up some skincare items and this serum foundation caught my eye and upon testing it, I fell in love. The bottle is adorable and comes with a pump. I got shade 1.0N and it’s a perfect match. I do not use a primer before applying this, only sunscreen. I blend it in with my fingers or the Ecotools kabuki brush. The Ordinary Serum Foundation doesn’t streak and is very easy to blend. There is no smell and it doesn’t cake. It is not too matte or too dewy, and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. To top it off, there is no oxidization. For reference, I have combination skin with no blemishes. The price is unbelievable low! This will replace my $47 BB cream. Thank you Deciem, I love you!