Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's a light- medium coverage depending on how you apply it. Brushes aren't the best idea because it streaks like crazy. It's very liquidy. It's dewy so will need to be set because it will slide all over. Although it's dewy, it somehow intensifies micro dry patches or skin texture. It sort of clings to it which doesn't look good. I have normal skin, but after 2 hours, it starts to slide around and transfer so easily. I have the shade 1.2 N and it oxidizes to be definitely darker and definitely not neutral in undertone like it should be. Almost pink leaning. Check my pictures added to see what I mean. For reference, my skin is NC15-20. Very neutral undertone though.

If you have nice skin and just want to even it out more while giving yourself a glow, this is ideal. If you rarely wear foundation but would like to have some around, best to have an affordable from The Ordinary.

Before and after look on my blemishes skin is shown in video and/or on my blog.

I really like this foundation. I had been using Armani's Luminous Silk for years but figured for the price tag I couldn't really go wrong. As I was a little unsure about colours I decided to mix and match a little bit so I got the 1.1N in the Serum and the 1.2P in the higher coverage and when I mix them together they are the perfect shade. Yay!

It's nice and lightweight and blends so easily. I use either my Beautyblender or my tarte airbrush to apply, depending on the finish I want (usually BB makes it dewier-looking).

The only thing I have noticed is that when I pair it with Hylamide HA Blur it tends to ball slightly. I've been able to manage it by using a lot less but maybe a less silicone-based primer would be better to use with this.

I ordered this in 1.2P as I read it was a good match for MAC NW20. I found it slightly yellower but still a pretty good colour match for my skin tone. It goes on quite pigmented and I got a better more natural result applying just one layer with a brush rather than two lighter layers with a sponge. A single pump was sufficient for the whole face. I found coverage-wise it was similar to the MAC Studio Waterweight. My skin is slightly dry so it stayed on for at least 8 hours before breaking down slightly but throughout the day it looked pretty natural and the colour was flattering. At the 10 hour mark it was showing some flaky patches on my chin and had sunk into my pores slightly, but most foundations do this to me especially over mineral sunscreen, even with a primer in between. Overall it's not bad, certainly not my HG but wearable. However, for a more polished natural look with better staying power I still prefer the Make Up Forever Ultra HD liquid foundation.

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like this a lot as a lightweight summer fdtn! It's a very thin formula and feels like nothing on the skin. The lightest neutral shade is good for my nc10 skin, oxidices a bit but nothing major. Blends out so effortlessly and looks natural, leaves a healthy dewy finish to the skin. I have oily t zone and I do get oily after only like four hours so I do need to blot but that's no problem to me.

Packaging is okay, comes with a pump so that's always a plus, but obviously feels cheap cause that's what can be expected from a 6,90€ foundation so not a con imo.

I'm surprised there isn't more reviews for this with how hyped it is! Was expecting 100s. Anyway I'm very happy with this foundation. I bought it in the lightest shade, the one without the silver highlights and it was a close match. A touch orange for me maybe, my perfect match is MUFE's Y205.

It's more high coverage than I expected, I sorta expected a bb cream like product. I'd put it at medium coverage. It covered my acne scarring and slight under eye darkness easily. It dried down to a natural finish and just felt like skin. Doesn't transfer much like heavier foundation.

I barely had to powder it, just under the eyes because I tend to crease a lot there. I have oilier skin and this mattified it, I have a feeling if your skins drier this wouldn't be moisturising enough.

Overall it's a ten. I can't fault this at all, it exceeded my expectations. And for a fiver you couldn't beat it!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using shade 1.1n which is a great match for my MAC nc15 colouring,

It is a very liquidy formulae which comes in a very neat bottle with pump which I love. I find that two pumps provides enough foundation for my entire face. It blends really easily and provides light to medium coverage with a a very lovely natural finish. It makes my skin look healthy and brighter - which is great for days when I look a little tired. It lasts very well on my skin when set with a bit of powder.

I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase its as I prefer it to more expensive foundations

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 1.1 N

If I were to liken this to any high end foundation, it definitely reminds me a lot of NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation, or MAC Waterweight. It has a watery consistency which makes it very easy to work with and spreadable, but takes a minute longer to dry than I usually like waiting.
This foundation is the perfect sheer foundation, I love using it for work. It's not a buildable foundation, although I have seen a lot of reviews mention that one pump is enough, which I don't quite agree with. I use three small pumps, one to spread over my chin and jaw line, one for my nose and cheeks and then a last very small pump for my forehead.
I've used the product with a real techniques beauty blender once, and my fingers twice. I find using it with fingers works much better and does create a thicker layer to cover more redness.

I bought a neutral shade as I've seen a lot of people say that this product can oxidise in the Yellow toned versions. I don't find any oxidiseation in the neutral tone, and it looks well blended for about 5-6 hours, after that it does start to break up and become patchy. With some light translucent powder, I think this problem could be fixed. (Wore without powder this week for a true representation of the foundation.)

This product would work amazingly for dry skin, I have combination skin that is mostly oily, this is most likely what makes it break up as I've been wearing it under air-conditioning & in hot weather.

Pros:
Dewy & Light
Easy to apply
Good for my sensitive skin
Amazing colour range
Price is absolutely amazing for the product

Cons:
Does start to break up after a few hours of wear
Can become very oily in heat
Covers redness, but not blemishes (but that's what concealer was invented for!)

All in all, I definitely cannot complain for less than £6! It works amazingly to wear to my job.
P.s. I've been using this product with their Silicone Primer.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I thought it would be fun to see how they measure up against my HG foundations, the description certainly has a lot of high claims. I got the shade 1.0N for my pale skin, and it matches me quite well, shade-wise. Spreads like any silicone-based foundation, no drag on skin. A single layer (with a foundation brush) does give sheer coverage, it didn't cover anything. Two layers - same thing, everything I'd want covered is still visible. Piling it on makes it go sort of greasy, like stirring balm cleanser with a brush all over face. I could see some of the pigment gathering in pores and lines, which is never a good sign with my skin. Finish is definitely on the dewy side and it doesn't "set" without a powder. Which is all quite strange, as the description claims a semi-matte finish and a spreadability system to keep the foundation from settling into lines and make it longer-lasting. Lasting power is a bit of a foggy matter to begin with due to the exceptionally sheer pigmentation, but the foundation does get more and more shiny quickly (3-4 h mark). I wasn't impressed. No coverage, no sign of texture improvements (like some of the sheer cover products that blur surface irregularities and make skin look airbrushed), quite the opposite and turns greasy fast.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am in the U.K and waited eagerly for 3 weeks for this foundation. I chose two colours and both shades were fine for me. Sadly, that is where it ends as the foundation itself was so disappointing. I have tried it twice, with and without primer and with my fingers and a beauty blender, both times, it just clings to pores and sits in any fine lines or dry areas I have. It also disappears in areas like my chin and around nose within a few hours. I do have dry skin, but find this needs a slight powder down in areas and I always lightly powder any foundation. I looked older and at 51, this is something I don't want to do. I don't think this likes being powdered as it quickly looked 'cakey' . It also doesn't take blusher or bronzer very well. I had to apply twice the amount I normally do, which was weird and I wonder if it's because it's full of silicones. I didn't feel "me" wearing it. I really didn't like it and as I knew I'd never wear it again, they're in the bin. Definitely over hyped. Back to my beloved other foundations.