Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The formula for this foundation is thin and watery so it feels lovely on my dry skin, and doesn't empathize dry patches or settle in lines & pores [I find that using a damp beauty sponge for application gives the most flawless finish]. I'd call the formula a light/medium coverage and there's no caking when I do build it up for extra coverage. The finish is very similar to my beloved Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea foundation; Silky smooth, with an almost poreless look and a glowing satin finish. It'll cover discolouration/unevenness and minor blemishes, but if I have a spot I'll need to use a concealer. There have been no patches of dry skin, itching or feelings of tightness on the dry and sensitive skin on my face, which almost every other foundation I've tried has left. Being so good on my dry skin, makes me believe that this foundation may not work on oilier skin, so approach with caution if you have combination or oilier skin.

The wear time is excellent; I'll apply this in the morning, and it'll still look nearly-perfect in the evening when I remove it, and I haven't suffered from any breakouts whilst I've been using this foundation. An outstanding performance for such an affordable price - I'm not going to bother replacing my Rainforest Of The Sea foundation when it's gone, as this is an excellent replacement.

For the price, this performs way past a number of high end foundations. It does provide lots of slip so best if you prep with a grippy type or matte moisturiser. It floats on the skin, blends well with fingers and wears well. This however would not be suited to everyone. I'm don't have a lot to cover and am after a light wash layer that will make me look flawless with little effort. This fits the bill. This would be more suitable for dry-combo types and does not pool in fine lines. I'm NC25 and I use 2.0N for a perfect match. The yellow based colours are waaaaay to yellow so the neutral range is great. Honestly, I would say this is better than lots of the serum/liquidy type foundations I have tried and you can't beat having a go since they provide a 365 day refund if you don't like it. I would love to see spf in this or even a tinted spf foundation by the same brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light coverage foundation. I love the amount of coverage it gives for daily use. The consistency is very liquidy and careful when extracting the product because it might spray everywhere. Best application for me is using a dense brush or a large stippling brush. Don't use sponge/beauty blenders because the sponge might absorb most of the product. It can last around 7-8 hours on my skin (no touch up).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought the shade 1N and it’s a pretty good match to my NC10 skin. This reminds me of MAC’s waterweight foundation (that didn’t go fair enough for me to wear). Light coverage that gives no texture on the skin. It’s enough to cover redness and even out skin tone and looks very natural. Wears well on my slightly dry skin. And completely unscented. A pleasant surprise for the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in 1.0N, very fair neutral. I worried that it was too light, but I dot it on my (moisturized) face and blend with a foundation brush. I have been using a BB cream for several years, but have found that my early-mid 40s require a touch more coverage, This gives me a little more coverage but it's still my skin you notice, not the foundation. I will say that because I have extremely dry skin, I use a lot of moisturizer (with SPF) before I apply this, because one day I didn't and I felt like it settled into my lines. I was really stunned at the quality of this foundation given its giveaway price.

So, when I first got this foundation, I really loved it. I tried it on right away, the shade was perfect, finish was suuuper natural, it evened out my redness really well, it just looked like my skin but a lot better. I even worked out in it and it wore off really naturally.
Now, it looks good right after i put it on but then when I get home after say, 3 hrs or more, it always looks cakey and separated. Sometimes even quicker.

I havent changed my skincare routine or anything else really, so I'm thinking maybe its the weather? It's gotten a lot hotter since I first got it, so maybe it doesnt react well to sweat or drinnes? I'm not sure, but I dont really like how it is rn. If I find out the reason or a solution I'll update. For now, 3 stars :(

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

Finally a foundation that matches my super pale skin. I use 1N. I really like the packaging as well, it doesn't have any fragrance and alcohol which is nice. The coverage is very light, helps even out my skin tone and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. It lasts for maybe 4 hours. However I can't wear it when my skin is dry because it absorbs all the liquid in it and just leaves awkward looking patches of pigment on my skin. I will use it up but won't buy it again.

This foundation clings to ALL of my dry patches and makes me look super cakey. I really wanted this to like because of how affordable it is :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is very thin. I had high hopes because I used to love MAC F&B and this consistency was similar. I wanted this for redness cover and didn't expect it to conceal any blemishes. I could not find a good way to apply it. I tried multiple brushes, beauty blender, hands... It showed dry spots in places that I didn't even know were there! This foundation stuck on all the already good spots on my skin and slid off the parts that needed covering. So I looked cakey AND red faced. Not a good look. Really disappointed, but at least I didn't spend much.