Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve been really loving it. I’m over full coverage as that can look cakey and my skin has been pretty decent lately. I have combo skin. This goes on light, yet has moderate coverage. It looks like skin. Lasts pretty well on my skin when set with powder and setting spray. I use a pump and a half to cover my full face. Price is great. Only con is the pump can get messy f the foundation but I just wipe after each use. Overall, I love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

Finally a foundation that matches my super pale skin. I use 1N. I really like the packaging as well, it doesn't have any fragrance and alcohol which is nice. The coverage is very light, helps even out my skin tone and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. It lasts for maybe 4 hours. However I can't wear it when my skin is dry because it absorbs all the liquid in it and just leaves awkward looking patches of pigment on my skin. I will use it up but won't buy it again.

This foundation clings to ALL of my dry patches and makes me look super cakey. I really wanted this to like because of how affordable it is :/

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Light and sheer coverage for those who don’t want cakey face. Also gives my faces a glow. It won’t cover your obvious flaws like rosacea or scars but good for those who want a light wear on some days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is very thin. I had high hopes because I used to love MAC F&B and this consistency was similar. I wanted this for redness cover and didn't expect it to conceal any blemishes. I could not find a good way to apply it. I tried multiple brushes, beauty blender, hands... It showed dry spots in places that I didn't even know were there! This foundation stuck on all the already good spots on my skin and slid off the parts that needed covering. So I looked cakey AND red faced. Not a good look. Really disappointed, but at least I didn't spend much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The color matched my skin really well, but it certainly didn’t apply like a serum. It was extremely matte and drying to the skin. That said, it works a lot better once I moisturized with day cream. I wouldn’t repurchase because there are other foundations that don’t require moisturizer beforehand.

I couldn't get this to work, at all. Thought it would go on smoothly like a serum, and remain that way. Unfortunately, just an hour after applying, my jag skin felt prickly as if covered in sand. Not at all comfortable, and certainly not a good look. I've tried applying with a blender, a brush, a cheap spongey thing and fingers. I guesse using my hands was what worked best, but it was still a little patchy. Also didn't get on at all with any of my liquid/gel/cream blushes. Still, it's not the worst i've ever tried, and it is cheap - so i'm not putting a 1 overall. If I remember to, i might give it another go in the summer. Could be less likely to crumble if the weather is warmer and more humid.

I love my other Deciem products, so I had pretty high hopes for this foundation despite its price. I was sorely disappointed.

I don't know if I got a dud bottle, because there are positive reviews for this foundation, and with the way it performs on my skin I don't understand how anyone can like it even a little bit. It's strangely watery yet dry-feeling at the same time. It applies almost gritty, like the pigment particles are so large they're actually visible to the naked eye. This magnifies any texture on my skin and makes me look like my face is carved from sandstone. Not a look I strive for.

It also refuses to blend, just gliding across the skin like I'm coated in teflon. I've tried numerous primers and applications tools and it does the same thing with all of them. This makes it a struggle to get an even application. It doesn't set AT ALL, even with generous amounts of setting powder. I can't touch my face while wearing this or it will come right off. In fact, I have to pin my HAIR back because it takes off the foundation if it gets in my face. Forget sweating even just a little bit - it actually runs down my face leaving very visible streaks.

Since it refuses to set, I can't use any products on top of it. No contouring, nu blush, no highlights, no bronzer. Not even concealer if I don't avoid the eye area altogether with the foundation.

This is the most horrible foundation I've ever tried. I can't find a single thing that I like about it, and you couldn't pay me to wear it in public. My bottle is going straight in the trash, and I'm going back to my Wet n Wild and Korean BB creams.