Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say I do not understand the rave reviews. Firstly - while it’s cheap, you don’t get a lot of product for your money, putting it at about the same price as high street foundations. It markets itself as very lightweight and this may be true if you have very young skin but I do not find it to be so on my skin. I am in my 30s and while I have no proper lines or wrinkles I have very fine lines across my forehead. This sits in them terribly and really makes me look old. Not good! Compared to (yes a v high end) but still lightweight foundation like a ysl cushion foundation, I’d rather pay the money instead of looking older than I am

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These went in the trash. Very little coverage if at all and the wrong colors for my skin even though I followed their recommendations for my skin color based on my MAC equivalent. They were both too light. I chose the ones that were supposed to be closest to MAC NC 20 per Wayne Goss' comments but they were way too light even after oxidation. Glad I tried them out but no great loss.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am a fan of this line, and have found several products to be staples, (retiniods, vit C, HA.) I like the singular ingredients for mixing and matching purposes, the clinical packaging and of course, the extremely reasonable price point.

I ordered this foundation the second it came out, in 2.1 y. (MAC C3/C4/NC 40)The shade was truly peachy, and borderline unwearable. I ordered a 2.0 neutral as a mixer, and was caught in the multi week wait.

I have had both shades and tried mixing then for several weeks now. I just can't get it to work perfectly. The 2.0 is very light, and I'm still coming up with a shade that's too peach.

The coverage is light to medium, Demi-matte and pretty. It does cling to dry patches, but that's what foundations do. It's a water-like consistency with a potentially dangerous messily squirting pump. It takes a bit of work to get the makeup to settle in and stop moving around the surface of the face. I've tired the RT face brush, the BB sponge, and the Clariosnic foundation head. The most effective tool, in my mind, is the BB. This is a good, not great foundation at a great price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up out of curiosity and I am not all that impressed. It's very yellow and in my case, 1.2YG was too light (NC25-30; 220 in Fenty and W4 in L'Oreal True Match) - then it dried down darker and ended up being a really good match. The formula itself is super thin and runny. I applied using my RT sponge and it took some work to blend. The coverage is medium but not buildable, at least not in my case. It didn't blend at all around my nose area an ended up being very patchy and even pilled up along the side creases of my nose. I didn't see any difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm not terribly disappointed since the price point is so low. I do like the simple packaging and the locking pump. That said, I wouldn't repurchase.

Well, I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. Even though I set it with a mattifying powder, I still became a oil slick within a few hours. Coverage is decent. Natural, nah not really. I generally prefer powder foundations so would stick to that instead!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First I have to say how much I LOVE the Deciem skin care products. Since I started using them a few months ago my skin has improved a ton, in texture, comfort, and yes, it even glows! My hopes were up when I ordered the foundation! Alas, I was sorely disappointed. The whole range was too yellow for my skin. The coverage was ok but not the smoothest I've ever tried. Without a Beauty Blender it was much more uneven than most—leaning toward a mini relief map look.

I'm about NC25 with combination/oily skin. Skin texture is slightly bumpy with some pores and fine lines. I chose the serum foundation over coverage because for day to day wear, I usually prefer a lighter finish that just slightly cover my imperfections.

I purchased 1.2YG, which I initially found to be a bit too pale however, it did eventually oxidise quite a lot to suit my skin tone. I apply with a damped beauty blender and then set with brush/powder. The consistency of this foundation is more watery than the NYX total control drops and coverage is slightly lighter as well.

Unfortunately it didn't perform good enough; it settled into the lines underneath my nose and emphasised some dry patches on my lower cheeks/chin. On the oilier part of my face such as forehead/cheeks/nose, it kind of caked up over the skin, making my face look way greasier than it actually was. When I tried to blot it, it moved around and adhere to my blotting sheet.

For the price I paid I don't have super high expectation, but I just don't get the hype around it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's a light- medium coverage depending on how you apply it. Brushes aren't the best idea because it streaks like crazy. It's very liquidy. It's dewy so will need to be set because it will slide all over. Although it's dewy, it somehow intensifies micro dry patches or skin texture. It sort of clings to it which doesn't look good. I have normal skin, but after 2 hours, it starts to slide around and transfer so easily. I have the shade 1.2 N and it oxidizes to be definitely darker and definitely not neutral in undertone like it should be. Almost pink leaning. Check my pictures added to see what I mean. For reference, my skin is NC15-20. Very neutral undertone though.

If you have nice skin and just want to even it out more while giving yourself a glow, this is ideal. If you rarely wear foundation but would like to have some around, best to have an affordable from The Ordinary.

Before and after look on my blemishes skin is shown in video and/or on my blog.

HG foundation for me.

It has the consistency of water but has an impressive amount of coverage given how light it is. The result is semi-matte and very natural. It lasts a long while with minimal powdering. I would surely buy again and again!

I really like this foundation. I had been using Armani's Luminous Silk for years but figured for the price tag I couldn't really go wrong. As I was a little unsure about colours I decided to mix and match a little bit so I got the 1.1N in the Serum and the 1.2P in the higher coverage and when I mix them together they are the perfect shade. Yay!

It's nice and lightweight and blends so easily. I use either my Beautyblender or my tarte airbrush to apply, depending on the finish I want (usually BB makes it dewier-looking).

The only thing I have noticed is that when I pair it with Hylamide HA Blur it tends to ball slightly. I've been able to manage it by using a lot less but maybe a less silicone-based primer would be better to use with this.

UPDATE: I started using The Ordinary High Spreadability Primer with this foundation and it works like a dream!