Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Honestly, from most of the reviews that i’ve seen or read, i didn’t expect anything at all. I literally bought it coz it was cheap and i was bored lol.

Now this foundation is literally all i use on a daily basis.

Pros :
-super duper light weight
-low medium coverage (right up my alley)
-goes on seamlessly with a brush
-doesnt accentuate any dryness or pores
-not cakey whatsoever
-do i need to mention the price again?
-on my skin the finish is not matte not dewy, it’s right at that middle sweet spot, “natural”

Cons :
Honestly i can’t think of anything.

For CAD 6.70 i have no complaints whatsoever.

10/10 would recommend.

Oh just in case this could be any help, the shade i got, 2.0YG is almost spot on like MUFE ultra HD Y245.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Well, living overseas has prevented me from trying any of the Ordinary products sooner. However, when I heard family from Canada was coming to visit, I decided to make a plan. I have dry, fine skin and don't like high coverage. I purchased shades 2.0yg and 2.1y (olive Skin, usually nc30/35). It is autumn where I am, so I mixed a little of both and used my fingers to apply. I did not use a primer, as I rarely do. I think this foundation is great. I know many people have issues with the finish or consistency, but this just works terrific for my skin type. Add in the low price, and it's a winner for me. I don't like the pump, so for 90 cents, I bought the droppers.

I have never worn foundation, only a BB cream. I recently went to the Deciem store to pick up some skincare items and this serum foundation caught my eye and upon testing it, I fell in love. The bottle is adorable and comes with a pump. I got shade 1.0N and it’s a perfect match. I do not use a primer before applying this, only sunscreen. I blend it in with my fingers or the Ecotools kabuki brush. The Ordinary Serum Foundation doesn’t streak and is very easy to blend. There is no smell and it doesn’t cake. It is not too matte or too dewy, and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. To top it off, there is no oxidization. For reference, I have combination skin with no blemishes. The price is unbelievable low! This will replace my $47 BB cream. Thank you Deciem, I love you!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted this review with the Cover Foundation because I love them both so much, so if it sounds familiar don't be surprised haha.

This is one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Cover Foundation, this is lighter and has a more watery and runny formula (think MAC Face and Body). Even though it is a lighter coverage, it's easy to layer and get the coverage you want, and it's versatile enough to get a good solid medium coverage out of this. It feels light on the skin, and since I'm more into natural coverage, I prefer this over the Cover foundation (though I love and regularly use both).

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

I really really like this <3

It's got good medium coverage. I have shade 2.1 Y, and it is almost yellow enough for me, which I love. I've so far not been able to find a foundation yellow enough for my undertone and this is the closest I've ever gotten.

I love the texture, it so light, it blends like a dream, and just meshes with your skin, makes it look so smooth. You know how when you're 1cm away from a mirror, you can sometimes see there's foundation on? Yeah, you can't see this one, it's practically invisible.

I did notice however, that it transfers more easily than my other foundations. Nothing horrible, but keep that in mind and avoid touching your face. Additionally, if I added two layers, it can sink into fine lines just a Teensy Tiny bit. Barely even noticeable unless you're 1cm away from a mirror, but it's probs better to use a light layer if you have lots of line on your face.

I feel like the best application method is to put it on with a brush, then tap it in with a sponge to get rid of streaks.

Overall: would definitely recommend if you want a lightweight, medium coverage foundation.

HG foundation for me.

It has the consistency of water but has an impressive amount of coverage given how light it is. The result is semi-matte and very natural. It lasts a long while with minimal powdering. I would surely buy again and again!

I really like this foundation. I had been using Armani's Luminous Silk for years but figured for the price tag I couldn't really go wrong. As I was a little unsure about colours I decided to mix and match a little bit so I got the 1.1N in the Serum and the 1.2P in the higher coverage and when I mix them together they are the perfect shade. Yay!

It's nice and lightweight and blends so easily. I use either my Beautyblender or my tarte airbrush to apply, depending on the finish I want (usually BB makes it dewier-looking).

The only thing I have noticed is that when I pair it with Hylamide HA Blur it tends to ball slightly. I've been able to manage it by using a lot less but maybe a less silicone-based primer would be better to use with this.

UPDATE: I started using The Ordinary High Spreadability Primer with this foundation and it works like a dream!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I read a review in Cosmopolitan magazine about this cheap but wonderful foundation that had sold out, and could not wait to try it.

I ordered the serum foundations in the color of 3.2R. I was skeptic due to me having very oily skin. After I washed my face with the Ole Henrickson balance line, and applied my Bare Minerals primer I tried it out.

The color is amazing. It matches my skin so beautifully. I blended it on with my fingers, and my skin began to glow. I applied it around 8:00 a.m. and by 8:00 p.m. my skin still looked flawless. This was the best $6.70 cents I spent.

Needless to say I ordered 2 more bottles today. You never know when they may run out again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is exactly the same as the coverage foundation, except slightly more sheer and less dewy.
The coverage one is pretty wet-looking.
It looks quite natural and a little goes a long way. I'm an NC25, armani 4.5 is my most perfect match and with this I'm between 1.2N and 2.0N. I could wear either one, 1.2 looks slightly more pale but also more natural.

Pros:
- Price is excellent, really affordable
- Packaging is nice and minimal
- Packaging has a hygienic pump
- Shade range is lovely

Cons:
- Packaging is plastic.
- It's more matte than the one that's supposed to be semi-matte. BUT that makes it look more natural.
- Not transfer-proof