Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55

2.8

I have oily/combo aging skin. I bought this on a whim when I placed a Deciem order based on raves on Cafe. I had to guess at a shade, which was a mistake because I ended up with a way-too-light color, but I love its texture, its application and its finish. Since the shade is too light for me, I have been mixing it with other foundations I have that are too dark, and it definitely improves the appearance and wear of the foundation it’s mixed with. I wish I had a counter near me where I could actually get my shade because i have been really impressed with this product. And you can’t beat the price — and it comes in a pump bottle!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The color matched my skin really well, but it certainly didn’t apply like a serum. It was extremely matte and drying to the skin. That said, it works a lot better once I moisturized with day cream. I wouldn’t repurchase because there are other foundations that don’t require moisturizer beforehand.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, the good thing is the price, if you have dry skin, it feels nice on the skin..now, my skin doesn't look great when I use it...I bought it, used it a few times, and went back to other foundations that make my skin look better ..it is a serum foundation. So coverage is light., like you have nothing on, which isn't my goal when wearing foundation ..I am beginning to fear the Ordinary line does. have many products that are quite basic..if you are young with good skin, go for it...now as I get older, I look for more complex formulations..so, it is ok, but I didn't love it at all.. choice of colors is tricky, very yellow tones .

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First I have to say how much I LOVE the Deciem skin care products. Since I started using them a few months ago my skin has improved a ton, in texture, comfort, and yes, it even glows! My hopes were up when I ordered the foundation! Alas, I was sorely disappointed. The whole range was too yellow for my skin. The coverage was ok but not the smoothest I've ever tried. Without a Beauty Blender it was much more uneven than most—leaning toward a mini relief map look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up out of curiosity and I am not all that impressed. It's very yellow and in my case, 1.2YG was too light (NC25-30; 220 in Fenty and W4 in L'Oreal True Match) - then it dried down darker and ended up being a really good match. The formula itself is super thin and runny. I applied using my RT sponge and it took some work to blend. The coverage is medium but not buildable, at least not in my case. It didn't blend at all around my nose area an ended up being very patchy and even pilled up along the side creases of my nose. I didn't see any difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm not terribly disappointed since the price point is so low. I do like the simple packaging and the locking pump. That said, I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am a fan of this line, and have found several products to be staples, (retiniods, vit C, HA.) I like the singular ingredients for mixing and matching purposes, the clinical packaging and of course, the extremely reasonable price point.

I ordered this foundation the second it came out, in 2.1 y. (MAC C3/C4/NC 40)The shade was truly peachy, and borderline unwearable. I ordered a 2.0 neutral as a mixer, and was caught in the multi week wait.

I have had both shades and tried mixing then for several weeks now. I just can't get it to work perfectly. The 2.0 is very light, and I'm still coming up with a shade that's too peach.

The coverage is light to medium, Demi-matte and pretty. It does cling to dry patches, but that's what foundations do. It's a water-like consistency with a potentially dangerous messily squirting pump. It takes a bit of work to get the makeup to settle in and stop moving around the surface of the face. I've tired the RT face brush, the BB sponge, and the Clariosnic foundation head. The most effective tool, in my mind, is the BB. This is a good, not great foundation at a great price.

Great price, texture and coverage......better coverage than one would expect from a serum foundation.
It's a shame that the same attention to detail that has gone into the formulation of the skincare lines in this company, has not gone into the undertone selection for the foundation line.
Example....if one labels a foundation P for pink undertones or R for red undertones, the result should not be orange......Very orange.
Not a good look on pink skin!
And it's a shame because this foundation has everything else going for it.
Love ya Deciem, but no. You can do better than this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I finally received my foundation yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out!
In the last few years my skin has changed a lot mainly due to hormonal changes, and I now rarely use foundation because I find it can make my face look greasy and my pores look enlarged. If I do use a base, it's MAC Studiofix. I like the finish of a liquid foundation though; The Ordinary's foundations have had such great reviews that I thought they were worth trying at the price.
Yesterday was incredibly warm so a good day to really put this product to the test. I used it over Clinique's DDML and La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50; no primer.
Apparently each of The Ordinary's shades suit a range of about three skin shades, and the Wayne Goss comparison guide online says this shade is suitable for MAC NC30 to NC42. I'm MAC C40 and my Ordinary shade, 2.1Y (Medium with yellow undertones) matched my skin very well.
I used one pump applied with Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush (as recommended by Sali Hughes of The Guardian) all over my face. Perfect application, and my skin looked completely flawless. To my eyes the coverage was medium-to-full rather than sheer, but I think one pump was too much. As a serum formulation it worked very well with my BB Serum Concealer. I set the lot with Clinique loose powder in Invisible Blend, and went about my day.
I spent some time in a very hot car driving in the sun and generally outdoors. A few hours later my face looked slightly dewy but the foundation hadn't broken up on my forehead and my pores looked OK. 8 hours after application it did look a little worse for wear, but it had been very hot and I hadn't repowdered all day. My face looked darker at the end of the day; not sure if that was the product oxidizing or if I'd caught some sun.
I'll experiment with less product, over primer, etc. and update accordingly, but at this early stage I think this is an excellent product and am very pleased with my purchase. I also love the price! I'd rather spend £6 than £30 on a product I might only use twice a month.