Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 36-43

3.0

I love my other Deciem products, so I had pretty high hopes for this foundation despite its price. I was sorely disappointed.

I don't know if I got a dud bottle, because there are positive reviews for this foundation, and with the way it performs on my skin I don't understand how anyone can like it even a little bit. It's strangely watery yet dry-feeling at the same time. It applies almost gritty, like the pigment particles are so large they're actually visible to the naked eye. This magnifies any texture on my skin and makes me look like my face is carved from sandstone. Not a look I strive for.

It also refuses to blend, just gliding across the skin like I'm coated in teflon. I've tried numerous primers and applications tools and it does the same thing with all of them. This makes it a struggle to get an even application. It doesn't set AT ALL, even with generous amounts of setting powder. I can't touch my face while wearing this or it will come right off. In fact, I have to pin my HAIR back because it takes off the foundation if it gets in my face. Forget sweating even just a little bit - it actually runs down my face leaving very visible streaks.

Since it refuses to set, I can't use any products on top of it. No contouring, nu blush, no highlights, no bronzer. Not even concealer if I don't avoid the eye area altogether with the foundation.

This is the most horrible foundation I've ever tried. I can't find a single thing that I like about it, and you couldn't pay me to wear it in public. My bottle is going straight in the trash, and I'm going back to my Wet n Wild and Korean BB creams.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Well, living overseas has prevented me from trying any of the Ordinary products sooner. However, when I heard family from Canada was coming to visit, I decided to make a plan. I have dry, fine skin and don't like high coverage. I purchased shades 2.0yg and 2.1y (olive Skin, usually nc30/35). It is autumn where I am, so I mixed a little of both and used my fingers to apply. I did not use a primer, as I rarely do. I think this foundation is great. I know many people have issues with the finish or consistency, but this just works terrific for my skin type. Add in the low price, and it's a winner for me. I don't like the pump, so for 90 cents, I bought the droppers.

Video Reviews & Tutorials