Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.7

For the price, this performs way past a number of high end foundations. It does provide lots of slip so best if you prep with a grippy type or matte moisturiser. It floats on the skin, blends well with fingers and wears well. This however would not be suited to everyone. I'm don't have a lot to cover and am after a light wash layer that will make me look flawless with little effort. This fits the bill. This would be more suitable for dry-combo types and does not pool in fine lines. I'm NC25 and I use 2.0N for a perfect match. The yellow based colours are waaaaay to yellow so the neutral range is great. Honestly, I would say this is better than lots of the serum/liquidy type foundations I have tried and you can't beat having a go since they provide a 365 day refund if you don't like it. I would love to see spf in this or even a tinted spf foundation by the same brand.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in 1.0N, very fair neutral. I worried that it was too light, but I dot it on my (moisturized) face and blend with a foundation brush. I have been using a BB cream for several years, but have found that my early-mid 40s require a touch more coverage, This gives me a little more coverage but it's still my skin you notice, not the foundation. I will say that because I have extremely dry skin, I use a lot of moisturizer (with SPF) before I apply this, because one day I didn't and I felt like it settled into my lines. I was really stunned at the quality of this foundation given its giveaway price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Well, living overseas has prevented me from trying any of the Ordinary products sooner. However, when I heard family from Canada was coming to visit, I decided to make a plan. I have dry, fine skin and don't like high coverage. I purchased shades 2.0yg and 2.1y (olive Skin, usually nc30/35). It is autumn where I am, so I mixed a little of both and used my fingers to apply. I did not use a primer, as I rarely do. I think this foundation is great. I know many people have issues with the finish or consistency, but this just works terrific for my skin type. Add in the low price, and it's a winner for me. I don't like the pump, so for 90 cents, I bought the droppers.

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve been really loving it. I’m over full coverage as that can look cakey and my skin has been pretty decent lately. I have combo skin. This goes on light, yet has moderate coverage. It looks like skin. Lasts pretty well on my skin when set with powder and setting spray. I use a pump and a half to cover my full face. Price is great. Only con is the pump can get messy f the foundation but I just wipe after each use. Overall, I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Light and sheer coverage for those who don’t want cakey face. Also gives my faces a glow. It won’t cover your obvious flaws like rosacea or scars but good for those who want a light wear on some days.

I love my other Deciem products, so I had pretty high hopes for this foundation despite its price. I was sorely disappointed.

I don't know if I got a dud bottle, because there are positive reviews for this foundation, and with the way it performs on my skin I don't understand how anyone can like it even a little bit. It's strangely watery yet dry-feeling at the same time. It applies almost gritty, like the pigment particles are so large they're actually visible to the naked eye. This magnifies any texture on my skin and makes me look like my face is carved from sandstone. Not a look I strive for.

It also refuses to blend, just gliding across the skin like I'm coated in teflon. I've tried numerous primers and applications tools and it does the same thing with all of them. This makes it a struggle to get an even application. It doesn't set AT ALL, even with generous amounts of setting powder. I can't touch my face while wearing this or it will come right off. In fact, I have to pin my HAIR back because it takes off the foundation if it gets in my face. Forget sweating even just a little bit - it actually runs down my face leaving very visible streaks.

Since it refuses to set, I can't use any products on top of it. No contouring, nu blush, no highlights, no bronzer. Not even concealer if I don't avoid the eye area altogether with the foundation.

This is the most horrible foundation I've ever tried. I can't find a single thing that I like about it, and you couldn't pay me to wear it in public. My bottle is going straight in the trash, and I'm going back to my Wet n Wild and Korean BB creams.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the money, I think it's a very good foundation. I still prefer Armani Luminous Silk on my combination skin (neither excessively oily nor dry). I wear The Ordinary Serum Foundation over Bare Minerals Prep Step or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and it lasts well on my skin without feeling heavy or thick. I set with Charlotte Tilbury's pressed powder. Coverage is medium. It gives me a satin finish, similar to that of Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation.

I usually apply with a Beautyblender sponge, but when I travel sometimes I substitute a dry wedge sponge or a brush such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I like the foundation because I have a good color match and it evens out my skin tone without looking cakey or mask-like.

I've used more than half the bottle. I appreciate that The Ordinary includes a pump, however; I have learned to squirt this into the palm of my hand first. The pump has been known to squirt the foundation past my sponge and randomly onto nearby fabrics, the mirror, or the wall. I don't have this problem with all my foundation pumps, just this one. A minor quibble. I've also found that I need to shake the bottle before dispensing it. I've had the bottle for a few months.

I'll mention my shade in case this helps someone with a similar skin tone: In Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations I wear the shade 52 Vanille. In MAC's foundations I usually wear NC20 and Sand in Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation (not the new Long-Wear formula). In this foundation I am 1.2N Light Neutral, which has a yellow undertone. The Bourjois shade I wear is a bit less yellow than this one.

It's not my all-time favorite foundation but it's reasonably priced at $6.70, and I'm sure I'll finish the bottle. I like it enough to repurchase.

INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, COCONUT ALKANES, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, COCO CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIGLYCERYL TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HEXYL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TIN OXIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), MICA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely dewy finish, but my skin HATED it. My skin is now red, angry and flaky - having to use just E45 and bio oil on it at the moment. From reading up, it could be the coconut alkanes in it. Really surprised as I don’t have particularly sensitive skin. Perricone MD is the only other foundation that made me break out.

If you can choose the right colour online and your skin can tolerate it, it’s a great buy - but not for me!

*This review is for the serum foundation, not the full coverage foundation which is actually pretty good*: Eeeeeeeee....no. Good pigment, but extremely drying - like a heat-seeking missile for any barely-even-dry patches. It's somehow also very oily and *still* drying - slides around my face while highlighting every single pore I have. The wear just gets worse throughout the day. At 10.00 it was worth a shot but I am not sure I will ever really use this again.