Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.1

Highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply and provides great coverage.

I do not wear foundation on a daily basis. Only on certain occasions (weddings and other events that go on all day) will I wear foundation to keep shine at bay. This product is fine for those purposes and very affordable, but I won’t be repurchasing because without fail I will end up with clogged pores and minor breakouts (whiteheads and blackheads) the next day. Nothing so bad that I can’t manage it since I use it so rarely, but I would never use this everyday.

When travelling I recommend taping the top to secure it in the “closed” position as I’ve found the product tends to leak because the cap isn’t very secure and can easily be turned to “open” inside your make up bag.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light coverage foundation. I love the amount of coverage it gives for daily use. The consistency is very liquidy and careful when extracting the product because it might spray everywhere. Best application for me is using a dense brush or a large stippling brush. Don't use sponge/beauty blenders because the sponge might absorb most of the product. It can last around 7-8 hours on my skin (no touch up).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is perfect for those with yellow undertone, and want sheer to medium coverage. It's a thin liquid that is easy to blend. However this foundation was a bit too yellow for me, but the price is so good that you can mix two colors to get the right blend. The formula does separate so definitely give a shake before using. Because of these reasons I gave a 4 stars.
I am a loreal true match in N6-N6.5. And I used the Ordinary 3.0Y in medium dark, and I mix it with almay clear complexion makeup (which is too pink on its own). I like the overall look of this. It gives a nice lit from within finish, but still feels pretty matte. When I use this combo on its own, without powder or primer staying power is about 6 hours. I am sure with primer and setting powder it would be more. All in all its a great everyday foundation, that can be built up.

Honestly, from most of the reviews that i’ve seen or read, i didn’t expect anything at all. I literally bought it coz it was cheap and i was bored lol.

Now this foundation is literally all i use on a daily basis.

Pros :
-super duper light weight
-low medium coverage (right up my alley)
-goes on seamlessly with a brush
-doesnt accentuate any dryness or pores
-not cakey whatsoever
-do i need to mention the price again?
-on my skin the finish is not matte not dewy, it’s right at that middle sweet spot, “natural”

Cons :
Honestly i can’t think of anything.

For CAD 6.70 i have no complaints whatsoever.

10/10 would recommend.

Oh just in case this could be any help, the shade i got, 2.0YG is almost spot on like MUFE ultra HD Y245.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.

I couldn't get this to work, at all. Thought it would go on smoothly like a serum, and remain that way. Unfortunately, just an hour after applying, my jag skin felt prickly as if covered in sand. Not at all comfortable, and certainly not a good look. I've tried applying with a blender, a brush, a cheap spongey thing and fingers. I guesse using my hands was what worked best, but it was still a little patchy. Also didn't get on at all with any of my liquid/gel/cream blushes. Still, it's not the worst i've ever tried, and it is cheap - so i'm not putting a 1 overall. If I remember to, i might give it another go in the summer. Could be less likely to crumble if the weather is warmer and more humid.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say I do not understand the rave reviews. Firstly - while it’s cheap, you don’t get a lot of product for your money, putting it at about the same price as high street foundations. It markets itself as very lightweight and this may be true if you have very young skin but I do not find it to be so on my skin. I am in my 30s and while I have no proper lines or wrinkles I have very fine lines across my forehead. This sits in them terribly and really makes me look old. Not good! Compared to (yes a v high end) but still lightweight foundation like a ysl cushion foundation, I’d rather pay the money instead of looking older than I am

Well, I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. Even though I set it with a mattifying powder, I still became a oil slick within a few hours. Coverage is decent. Natural, nah not really. I generally prefer powder foundations so would stick to that instead!

I'm about NC25 with combination/oily skin. Skin texture is slightly bumpy with some pores and fine lines. I chose the serum foundation over coverage because for day to day wear, I usually prefer a lighter finish that just slightly cover my imperfections.

I purchased 1.2YG, which I initially found to be a bit too pale however, it did eventually oxidise quite a lot to suit my skin tone. I apply with a damped beauty blender and then set with brush/powder. The consistency of this foundation is more watery than the NYX total control drops and coverage is slightly lighter as well.

Unfortunately it didn't perform good enough; it settled into the lines underneath my nose and emphasised some dry patches on my lower cheeks/chin. On the oilier part of my face such as forehead/cheeks/nose, it kind of caked up over the skin, making my face look way greasier than it actually was. When I tried to blot it, it moved around and adhere to my blotting sheet.

For the price I paid I don't have super high expectation, but I just don't get the hype around it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.