Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say I do not understand the rave reviews. Firstly - while it’s cheap, you don’t get a lot of product for your money, putting it at about the same price as high street foundations. It markets itself as very lightweight and this may be true if you have very young skin but I do not find it to be so on my skin. I am in my 30s and while I have no proper lines or wrinkles I have very fine lines across my forehead. This sits in them terribly and really makes me look old. Not good! Compared to (yes a v high end) but still lightweight foundation like a ysl cushion foundation, I’d rather pay the money instead of looking older than I am

Well, I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. Even though I set it with a mattifying powder, I still became a oil slick within a few hours. Coverage is decent. Natural, nah not really. I generally prefer powder foundations so would stick to that instead!

I'm about NC25 with combination/oily skin. Skin texture is slightly bumpy with some pores and fine lines. I chose the serum foundation over coverage because for day to day wear, I usually prefer a lighter finish that just slightly cover my imperfections.

I purchased 1.2YG, which I initially found to be a bit too pale however, it did eventually oxidise quite a lot to suit my skin tone. I apply with a damped beauty blender and then set with brush/powder. The consistency of this foundation is more watery than the NYX total control drops and coverage is slightly lighter as well.

Unfortunately it didn't perform good enough; it settled into the lines underneath my nose and emphasised some dry patches on my lower cheeks/chin. On the oilier part of my face such as forehead/cheeks/nose, it kind of caked up over the skin, making my face look way greasier than it actually was. When I tried to blot it, it moved around and adhere to my blotting sheet.

For the price I paid I don't have super high expectation, but I just don't get the hype around it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this was one of the most awaited products in the history of makeup, took me several months to be able to get it, unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype for me. For reference, I have normal/combination skin, no major problems or concerns, just looking to even out the tone and cancel out a little bit of redness I get here and there occasionally. Usually get fair-light shades, and 1.2P/1.2N are a good match for me (NW20 or a bit lighter)
PROs:
- it is very affordable
- impressive color and tone range for very fair/light skin tones
- nice hygienic packaging- pump with a lock
- unscented and doesn't have any funky smells in general
- good ingredients
- decent coverage
- doesn't cause breakouts or irritation of any sorts
CONs:
- weird finish- ashy and shiny at the same time, not sure how that is even possible
- looks awful without primer
- accentuates every minor dry patch and imperfection
- very short wear time even with primer- starts to separate and look cakey
- it is very obvious on the skin if you look close-up- I am a huge fan of light, invisible perfecting foundations since I have good skin, and this foundation is not doing it for me. Actually, makes my skin look worse than before makeup.
- In my opinion looks awful if set with even the lightest powder

I'm not going to say this is awful, and I own and LOVE most of The Ordinary skincare products, but when it comes to foundations, cheaper ones just don't seem to work too well. This is a pass for me. I'd much rather pay a load of money, and get Perricone MD no foundation serum, which makes skin look absolutely stunning and smooth all day with literally one drop and undetectable coverage, it won't even be that much more expensive at the end of the day, because don't need a primer, don't need powder, and don't need to reapply after two hours.

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- lightweight
- blends easily
- satin finish
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- can break up

COMMENTS: Lightweight, satin finish foundation with light to medium coverage. Looks very natural on and blends effortlessly. If you're anything other than dry, expect to blot. This will not control oil, nor does it claim to. However, mixing some translucent loose powder into this will alter the formula. It gives more coverage and help control oil a little better. I've also been playing around with primers (which I should honestly do more) as it really changes the results I get. I've had this foundation break up so badly on me one day and look beautiful the next. Surprisingly, this looked beautiful on top of Nivea's Shave Balm. I also had less settling into my fine lines. I need to take into account how ingredients react with one another in order to achieve the best results. So, I like it for now. I just need to keep the results consistent.

Will repurchase.

I have been using Revlon colorstay for several years but found that they have no light-medium yellow undertone shades...all were too pink or too gray on my skin. I love everything else about Revlon Colorstay other than that it may clog my pores (uncertain).

I waited 6 weeks for this foundation since I ordered it with the coverage foundation. Since the price was so low and I was not sure about my shade, I ordered a couple of different shades. I'm in my early 30's and have combination, acne-prone, sensitive asian skin. I've been using some mild acids and retinols to get rid of hyperpigmentation which has resulted in some dry patches. I apply minimal base, that is, I don't use primer, concealer, powder, setting spray, or bronzer/highlighter. I like to keep things simple and expect my foundation to cover my imperfections, look natural, and be long lasting.

Pros: inexpensive, good packaging, great colour for yellow undertone skin, silky skin-like finish.

Cons: Oxidized after 3 hours, all the foundation on my nose disappeared, forehead and chin had foundation clumped up into patches, foundation settled into lines and made dry patches more obvious. Does not cover acne (will need concealer).

So I tried it again with the ordinary high adherence primer and had the same results + some clogged pores. Disappointed but glad the return policy is very good and the price was cheap. Will not repurchase.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I thought it would be fun to see how they measure up against my HG foundations, the description certainly has a lot of high claims. I got the shade 1.0N for my pale skin, and it matches me quite well, shade-wise. Spreads like any silicone-based foundation, no drag on skin. A single layer (with a foundation brush) does give sheer coverage, it didn't cover anything. Two layers - same thing, everything I'd want covered is still visible. Piling it on makes it go sort of greasy, like stirring balm cleanser with a brush all over face. I could see some of the pigment gathering in pores and lines, which is never a good sign with my skin. Finish is definitely on the dewy side and it doesn't "set" without a powder. Which is all quite strange, as the description claims a semi-matte finish and a spreadability system to keep the foundation from settling into lines and make it longer-lasting. Lasting power is a bit of a foggy matter to begin with due to the exceptionally sheer pigmentation, but the foundation does get more and more shiny quickly (3-4 h mark). I wasn't impressed. No coverage, no sign of texture improvements (like some of the sheer cover products that blur surface irregularities and make skin look airbrushed), quite the opposite and turns greasy fast.