Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's a light- medium coverage depending on how you apply it. Brushes aren't the best idea because it streaks like crazy. It's very liquidy. It's dewy so will need to be set because it will slide all over. Although it's dewy, it somehow intensifies micro dry patches or skin texture. It sort of clings to it which doesn't look good. I have normal skin, but after 2 hours, it starts to slide around and transfer so easily. I have the shade 1.2 N and it oxidizes to be definitely darker and definitely not neutral in undertone like it should be. Almost pink leaning. Check my pictures added to see what I mean. For reference, my skin is NC15-20. Very neutral undertone though.

If you have nice skin and just want to even it out more while giving yourself a glow, this is ideal. If you rarely wear foundation but would like to have some around, best to have an affordable from The Ordinary.

Before and after look on my blemishes skin is shown in video and/or on my blog.

Texture : This is SUPER liquidy. If you shake up the bottle it sloshes around inside like it's full of just water. Going on the face it feels super light and not like you're wearing anything.

Coverage : The brand promises a light-medium coverage for this and I find this to be true - it reminded me strongly of the coverage of my NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. I put on one layer of this and got a light coverage, enough to even out my skin tone but not enough to really cover up any pigmentation spots or blemishes.

Finish : It's semi-matte, true to description. It's not super shiny but not matte either, it's a natural-looking finish that looks very skin-like.

Shade : 2.0YG is ideal for my skintone. I do get the sense that this oxidises though, because when I initially put it on it looked much lighter than my skintone, and then once it settled in it matched me perfectly. I don't notice these "gold highlights" that the YG range of shades is meant to have.

Wear : I've heard of some people with oily skin liking this better than the Coverage Foundation, which is why I bought this. However I was really disappointed with the wear - the litmus test for me is how well a foundation holds up on my oily nose. I am a glasses wearer and am cursed with foundation either just disappearing off my nose or separating or caking there. I wore this with my trusty Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer, L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist, and NYX HD Finishing Powder. Within 3 hours I found that the foundation had virtually disappeared from my nose and I felt like I had to blot less than 2 hours into wearing it. I can't excuse this just based off the fact that it's a lightweight foundation, as my NARS TM lasts incredibly well on my nose as does the L'Oreal True Match, which is also very light in texture.

Now here's the additional kicker : THIS THING BROKE ME OUT. I woke up today with a nice big new cystic pimple on my left cheek and some red little spots near my left eye, which I saw were developing yesterday when I took the foundation off. This is super upsetting since I'm still trying to fade the PIH spots from the two cystic acnes that sprung up a few weeks ago due to hormones. I did not try any other new products yesterday aside from this foundation, so I know that this is the culprit. I highly suspect this is due to the Coconut Alkanes in the foundation, which I know now doesn't agree at all with my skin.

Conclusion : 3/5. It's cheap, but aside from the shade range and temporary nice finish, I wasn't a fan of this at all. It didn't last well on my t-zone and gave me cystic acne. This is going back to the store and I'm going back to my NARS TM for light coverage.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like this a lot as a lightweight summer fdtn! It's a very thin formula and feels like nothing on the skin. The lightest neutral shade is good for my nc10 skin, oxidices a bit but nothing major. Blends out so effortlessly and looks natural, leaves a healthy dewy finish to the skin. I have oily t zone and I do get oily after only like four hours so I do need to blot but that's no problem to me.

Packaging is okay, comes with a pump so that's always a plus, but obviously feels cheap cause that's what can be expected from a 6,90€ foundation so not a con imo.

I'm surprised there isn't more reviews for this with how hyped it is! Was expecting 100s. Anyway I'm very happy with this foundation. I bought it in the lightest shade, the one without the silver highlights and it was a close match. A touch orange for me maybe, my perfect match is MUFE's Y205.

It's more high coverage than I expected, I sorta expected a bb cream like product. I'd put it at medium coverage. It covered my acne scarring and slight under eye darkness easily. It dried down to a natural finish and just felt like skin. Doesn't transfer much like heavier foundation.

I barely had to powder it, just under the eyes because I tend to crease a lot there. I have oilier skin and this mattified it, I have a feeling if your skins drier this wouldn't be moisturising enough.

Overall it's a ten. I can't fault this at all, it exceeded my expectations. And for a fiver you couldn't beat it!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 1.1 N

If I were to liken this to any high end foundation, it definitely reminds me a lot of NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation, or MAC Waterweight. It has a watery consistency which makes it very easy to work with and spreadable, but takes a minute longer to dry than I usually like waiting.
This foundation is the perfect sheer foundation, I love using it for work. It's not a buildable foundation, although I have seen a lot of reviews mention that one pump is enough, which I don't quite agree with. I use three small pumps, one to spread over my chin and jaw line, one for my nose and cheeks and then a last very small pump for my forehead.
I've used the product with a real techniques beauty blender once, and my fingers twice. I find using it with fingers works much better and does create a thicker layer to cover more redness.

I bought a neutral shade as I've seen a lot of people say that this product can oxidise in the Yellow toned versions. I don't find any oxidiseation in the neutral tone, and it looks well blended for about 5-6 hours, after that it does start to break up and become patchy. With some light translucent powder, I think this problem could be fixed. (Wore without powder this week for a true representation of the foundation.)

This product would work amazingly for dry skin, I have combination skin that is mostly oily, this is most likely what makes it break up as I've been wearing it under air-conditioning & in hot weather.

Pros:
Dewy & Light
Easy to apply
Good for my sensitive skin
Amazing colour range
Price is absolutely amazing for the product

Cons:
Does start to break up after a few hours of wear
Can become very oily in heat
Covers redness, but not blemishes (but that's what concealer was invented for!)

All in all, I definitely cannot complain for less than £6! It works amazingly to wear to my job.
P.s. I've been using this product with their Silicone Primer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in 1.2Y and 2.0N expecting to mix them since you have to buy them online without a swatch. I'm asian and have light skin because I avoid the sun lol, I found that the 1.2Y is quite yellow but this foundation is so sheer it blends out anyways, same thing with the neutral. It pulled pretty yellow but blends out nice. I like the sheer coverage and it lasts pretty well throughout the day. Works really well with the high spreadibility and the finish is pretty dewy. The pump is really nice too.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered the serum foundation 2.0YG because it has a yellow undertone and I have light medium yellow skin tone. I think it took 3 weeks before it arrived, because they had a waiting list. I didn't mind because I already had enough foundation (the Giorgio Armani one, but I bought the wrong color, which is a different story).

It is very difficult for me to find a yellow foundation which is for light medium skin tone. Most NARS and Bobbi Brown foundations that I tested were way too dark for me, but this color matches my skin tone by 90%. If it had been slightly more yellow it would have been perfect. It is a beautiful light yellow color, but I don't know why it is called golden, because imo it also has a bit of a pink undertone.

The foundation is runny, but one pump will do for me. It does not completely cover my small acne scars, but I don't want to use more, because I have pretty good skin and I like medium coverage for daily use. I have combination skin but it tends to be more dry. You have to moisturize your face pretty well before applying because it tends to be a bit dry in the beginning. However, during the day my face becomes very dewy, almost oily, so I have to powder it anyways. I think that's the only downside I have. So, I think this will serum foundation is best for people with very dry to dry skin.

I would order this again, because I haven't had a foundation that matched my skin tone so well and the quality is just great for the price. However, I like to try out other foundations as well.