Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The formula for this foundation is thin and watery so it feels lovely on my dry skin, and doesn't empathize dry patches or settle in lines & pores [I find that using a damp beauty sponge for application gives the most flawless finish]. I'd call the formula a light/medium coverage and there's no caking when I do build it up for extra coverage. The finish is very similar to my beloved Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea foundation; Silky smooth, with an almost poreless look and a glowing satin finish. It'll cover discolouration/unevenness and minor blemishes, but if I have a spot I'll need to use a concealer. There have been no patches of dry skin, itching or feelings of tightness on the dry and sensitive skin on my face, which almost every other foundation I've tried has left. Being so good on my dry skin, makes me believe that this foundation may not work on oilier skin, so approach with caution if you have combination or oilier skin.

The wear time is excellent; I'll apply this in the morning, and it'll still look nearly-perfect in the evening when I remove it, and I haven't suffered from any breakouts whilst I've been using this foundation. An outstanding performance for such an affordable price - I'm not going to bother replacing my Rainforest Of The Sea foundation when it's gone, as this is an excellent replacement.

For the price, this performs way past a number of high end foundations. It does provide lots of slip so best if you prep with a grippy type or matte moisturiser. It floats on the skin, blends well with fingers and wears well. This however would not be suited to everyone. I'm don't have a lot to cover and am after a light wash layer that will make me look flawless with little effort. This fits the bill. This would be more suitable for dry-combo types and does not pool in fine lines. I'm NC25 and I use 2.0N for a perfect match. The yellow based colours are waaaaay to yellow so the neutral range is great. Honestly, I would say this is better than lots of the serum/liquidy type foundations I have tried and you can't beat having a go since they provide a 365 day refund if you don't like it. I would love to see spf in this or even a tinted spf foundation by the same brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: This ended up breaking me out in angry red spots. My guess is it's the silicone. Into the bin, alas. If this works for you, fill your boots, but if you have sensitive skin, be aware.

Very serviceable for the price (six bucks and change!) The staff member at the Deciem store tried to steer me towards the 2.0 N, but I opted for the 2.0 Y/O--the extra warmth adds a bit of life to my aging NC 20/25 complexion. During my first few forays into wearing this, I used too much (a full pump) and this led to too much fuzzy patchiness. Half a pump, used over a good moisturizer and sunscreen, works a treat. I dot it near the centre of my face, blend it with warm fingers and then buff in the excess with a dense brush. Wears very nicely. I'm not a foundation sort of person, but the light, glowy coverage of this makes it the perfect winter complexion evener and far outdoes my monstrously expensive Vapour Atmosphere Foundation Stick. Advice: invest in the pipette (90 cents from Deciem). The pump on this leaks and makes every deployment of the product messy and potentially lethal to walls and fabrics.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have always had trouble finding a foundation that would not breakdown and disappear because my skin is so oily. I don't like heavy coverage, I prefer a lighter foundation. My skin tone is NC20-25 depending on how tan I am. This foundation is 1.2 YG and is a really good match for me. The serum foundation is very light, spreads easily, and I can layer it a bit for my problem areas. It stays put, doesn't move around. I don't get cakey or cracked around the sides of my nose. Towards the end of the day, I will have to touch it up a bit if I plan on going out after work, but that is not too bad for me, considering most foundations just disappear on my oil slick face. LOL!

I always use sunscreen, and this product works particularly well on top of The Ordinary's Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants. I will definitely buy this again, and I going to try their Coverage foundation to see how it works as a concealer for my dark spots and acne scars.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very oily, yet dehydrated skin. Foundations geared towards oily skin are often too dry and cakey (Fenty and Shiseido’s Syncro Skin), so I’m branching out to dewy finishes. I’m really happy with this! It’s not just “good for the price”, it’s pretty damn remarkable. This foundation is scentless and has a very thin consistency. Despite its claims of being low coverage, I find that it provides a solid medium coverage on my discoloured skin. It’s very blendable, and the longevity is amazing. I can go 12 hours in this with minimal fading. I don’t expect to stay matte in this of course, because this is supposed to be a dewy foundation. The pump is terrible; I’ve accidentally squirted foundation onto my clothes because it simply isn’t meant for something as fluid as this. It also doesn’t come with a cap, so travelling with this is gonna be another headache.

Highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply and provides great coverage.

I do not wear foundation on a daily basis. Only on certain occasions (weddings and other events that go on all day) will I wear foundation to keep shine at bay. This product is fine for those purposes and very affordable, but I won’t be repurchasing because without fail I will end up with clogged pores and minor breakouts (whiteheads and blackheads) the next day. Nothing so bad that I can’t manage it since I use it so rarely, but I would never use this everyday.

When travelling I recommend taping the top to secure it in the “closed” position as I’ve found the product tends to leak because the cap isn’t very secure and can easily be turned to “open” inside your make up bag.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation. I enjoy the finish(although if you're super oily you might not like it much), blends nicely, and evens out my skin. It's a good every-day foundation, and if I had good skin it would be my holy grail. Its also a really good shade match for me. My cons would be that it doesn't look great after a day of wearing it (without touch-ups), and often its very liquid texture can soak itself right into my sponge. Also, the packaging isn't great. The nozzle(?) gets clogged easily which can make your foundation projectile shoot itself all over(legit happened to me once. Medium dark foundation. In a line. In my WHITE bathroom).
Overall, I like it enough to want to buy it again when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light coverage foundation. I love the amount of coverage it gives for daily use. The consistency is very liquidy and careful when extracting the product because it might spray everywhere. Best application for me is using a dense brush or a large stippling brush. Don't use sponge/beauty blenders because the sponge might absorb most of the product. It can last around 7-8 hours on my skin (no touch up).

Shade: 2.0YG
Consistency: Very runny
Coverage: Medium leaning towards light
Finish: Semi-matte/matte

I initially really, really liked this foundation. It blends out very smoothly on the skin, and looks incredibly natural despite it drying down pretty matte. Could be the (extremely subtle) gold glitter that helps give my skin the added glow. The first few times I wore it out, I felt like it held up well and didn't crease or settle into lines as well.

However, I've started to notice that it oxidises throughout the day. It's a shame because the initial shade is spot on, but it gets greyer and duller as I go about my day. Because 2.0YG has yellow undertones, it seems like the yellow also intensifies, so my face eventually has a slight tint of sickliness to it. Not a good look lol. It also began to settle into my pores more, despite me not changing any of my skincare or complexion makeup. I read an older review on here that contains the exact same complaints, so I don't think it's just my foundation in particular being weird.

Right now, I mix it in with a BB cream that's a just little too light for me to wear alone (Klairs Illuminating BB), and the two look great together. Still, it's a shame the foundation doesn't work fine on its own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought the shade 1N and it’s a pretty good match to my NC10 skin. This reminds me of MAC’s waterweight foundation (that didn’t go fair enough for me to wear). Light coverage that gives no texture on the skin. It’s enough to cover redness and even out skin tone and looks very natural. Wears well on my slightly dry skin. And completely unscented. A pleasant surprise for the price.