L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

on 3/4/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Just bought it today so this is only a first impressions review. I have mid-length, straight Asian lashes. After 1 coat I didn't notice much difference so I applied a second coat which left my lashes looking obviously thicker w/ some volume & some very slight curl. However, I didn't like how it made my lashes look like fat spider legs. It also didn't lengthen! It was so awkward looking at fat/fuzzy spider leg-looking lashes!! If it lengthened then maybe they'd look more natural! I'm on the verge of returning it but I wanna give it a chance still so tomorrow I'll try only 1 coat... At least it was easy to remove.

UPDATE March 18, 2018: I won't be repurchasing. I can't get over its lack of ability to lengthen. It's an average mascara overall that will moderately thicken lashes, and only slightly add any volume/curl. However, what I DO love about this is the brush. I love bushy brushes!

on 12/26/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Too Faced Better Than Sex is one of my favorite mascaras, it does wonders in giving volume to my fine and sparse 'Asian' lashes. I am always on the look out for drug store alternatives that can give me the same look for a fraction of the price. L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara, however, did not work for me at all with my particular lash shape. I wanted to like it, but I was disappointed and underwhelmed by its performance. It has a nice dark color but the wand made my lashes look clumped together in awkward directions without giving significant volume or length. It wasn't easy to work with or layer coats. I am sad to say this mascara didn't give me results it claims to have, and it is NOT a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara is a better option for me.

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Good mascara. Not clumpy if you stick to one to two coats. Does not flake or transfer from my lashes. It is actually better than better than sex in that regard. I have repurchased multiple times. You can get a more natural subtle daytime look as well as a more sexy nighttime dramatic look depending on how many coats you use.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So, I'm not at all a mascara person. Let's just say that my "anorexic" lashes are so thin and sparse, so straight and boring. I gave up AGES ago, and decided to take the "minimalist" (lazy) route.
Enter the latest hype on LP mascara. Yes, it's had a lot of hype which automatically makes me want to just avoid it. I never get into the hype of makeup items that are based on liners, mascaras, etc. I always think "a liner is a liner" or "mascara is mascara" (Although, I hate some mascaras and have liked others, but it's not a passionate pursuit of mine). Additionally, I always have to use a curler, so that alone makes me even more lazy.

I saw a review video by Tati on Youtube, and that's what changed my mind and motivated me to check it out. She was completely in awe, and as I saw the results unfold, I could not believe what I saw either. I decided to give it a try. Confirmed: This is the best mascara I've ever used, and to be frank, it's almost eerie at "Creating" lashes that don't really exist. I know that's ridiculous, but it brought out all my lashes, made them curve a bit, made them look "forest-like" the way that young people's lashes look. At my age and situation, I don't even come close to expecting that sort of boost.

For the first time in many years, I actually am excited about mascara and will use it until I have to replace it. I'm not sure how I will cope when this gets discontinued, because...they always do. We'll hope that doesn't happen!

Cost: $9 or so, at Walgreens in TX.
Color: Black/ Noir (non water-proof as I don't need WP)
Packaging: AWESOME and i love the brush. A lot of product comes out, so be cautious.
Longevity: a solid 10 for me. No sign of smudging or flaking.
Results: Long, non-clumpy, "feather-like" lashes.

on 8/19/2017 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is not a dupe for the too faced mascara, which makes your lashes look black and voluminous. The formula of the L’Oréal one is very wet and makes your lashes look clumpy. it is a heavy formula so curling my lashes becomes useless since it just weighs my lashes down at the end. I don’t understand why this product got so much hype from you tubers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I got the waterproof version of this mascara and it was actually good however I don't think it lived up to the hype. (Tati raved about this and I had to get it). I must say it's the best waterproof mascara I've tried because it doesn't clump easily. It lengthens and does provide decent volume however it was not something I was reaching for daily. Also it looks kind of "spidery" but it did not crumble throughout the day. I will have to get the regular formula to see if that's a better formula.

Essentially, it was an okay mascara which was hyped up to be remarkable.

on 6/2/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I purchased this on a whim after seeing GlamLife Guru’s OMG video. I felt a bit foolish since I'd also recently purchased Maybelline’s Big Shot, which I really like.

First off, I’m a big fan of the mascara tube design. The rose toned cylinder feels very high-end, which makes sense since I heard that the design is a copy of a really expensive brand. I often criticize L’Oreal’s packaging, as I find it to be too basic. But they got it right with this one! UPDATE 10/02/2018: the Mystic Black is terrible! It does not do what Blackest Black does. different formula or something! buyers beware!

Secondly, I really like the wand size. The brush is large and almost fluffy but manages to get all my lashes. The formula is wet but not too wet, like the Big Shot for example. If I wiggle the brush a bit at the bottom of my lashes and then sweep outwards, while pointing the wand every-so-slightly towards my eye, I get amazing results in just a couple of swipes. My lashes are very straight and not particularly abundant. This mascara makes them effortlessly full and sultry WITH curl. I can easily leave the house wearing only this product as my makeup because it truly does change my look. And that’s saying a lot since I consider myself a makeup fiend. Come to think of it, as I’m writing this, I never felt this way with the Big Shot. It was good but not as good as this.

So… needless to say, I think I’ve found a new HG mascara, folks!

Sidenote, it lasts all day, doesn’t flake or smudge on me, and comes off with some Dove and a facial puff. UPDATE: The Mystic Black one is not the same formula as Blackest Black. It straight out sucks and I'm going back to the store to get my trusty Blackest Black.