L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.0

on 8/22/2018 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For reference I have sparse, fine, short Asian lashes (I think even for an Asian I have very thin lashes due to various eye conditions). So I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the better than sex mascara bc people said they were dupes and they are NOT, at least for my lashes. My main issue with this is that the brush bristles are shorter and so there’s excess product on the brush, clumping my short thin lashes together into uni-lashes. The formula itself isn’t bad and it doesn’t even flake or smudge at the end of the day like the too faced mascara, but again, MAJOR CLUMPING! I think this wouldn’t be a bad mascara if your lashes are long and thick enough, but it didn’t provide the separation and definition my delicates lashes needed.

on 8/7/2018 6:12:00 PM

I used it for a week and then threw it away. I had black dots under my eyes all day and then it thickened it the tube as each day went on.

on 5/5/2018 3:14:00 PM

I really like this as a drugstore mascara. It definitely gives me the look a lot of my higher end mascaras provide and lasts all day on me without smudging! I already have another one waiting to be used.

The only reason this lost a star was because it does dry out quicker than some of my higher end mascaras (resulting in having to repurchase more times and probably spending the same amount of $$ on a high end mascara that lasts me through 2 or 3 of these). I also noticed that this can end up looking clumpy if I go in with too heavy a hand, too many times. Especially when I’m a week or two in of use!

Despite the loss of 1 lippie for the reasons listed above, this is definitely my top drugstore mascara and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the ultimate, perfect mascara...at a decent price point.
Yes, I have been using all high end mascaras (Ysl, Dior, Lancome, Chanel ...you name it) and I have a few favourites (read Dior Iconic, Lancome precious cells and Ysl faux cils) .... but I am a bit tired to shell out 30 euros for a mascara. So I am searching for some good drugstore alternative.
I bought this after having read rave reviews from Sabrina (the Beauty Look Book) and since she's so picky and high-end oriented i thought this was a good buy.
How wrong I was! I should have read more reviews...
In a word: clump city. It clumps at the first coat.
Do not attempt to try a 2nd coat... you will spend hours combing through your lashes tidy. I just don't have the time for that.
The brush is identical to the Miss Hippie mascara (same brand.. I also have this). So you see it's a big messy brush and you get mess all over... it's not a clean application.
However I tried the Paradise mascara with another brush.. I thought that being the original brush not working ok... maybe the formula was good to use in combination with another wand.
So I did.
I am afraid to report that BOTH the formula and the brush are AWFUL!
The formula clumps with whatever brush you use it. Basically you get the Manga eyes look.
If you are after that kind of look... then this mascara is for you.
I need length, definition, a decent curl and no clumps or flakes.
With this mascara you are not going to achieve any of the above.
A BIG no for me. Trash bin!

on 4/6/2018 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I try to give a mascara a lengthy trial (i.e. several initial months) before forming a judgement, so am now on to my second tube at the time of this review. To get the "bad" out of the way: let's just say, that the rap that this mascara dries out and is therefore rendered useless before the 3-month watermark is true. The first tube I purchased never saw 3 months before the formula become thick, unmovable (in the tube!) and difficult to open. It felt like trying to move the wand through sludge. Until that point, I had been liking the results I was getting in terms of look, and was reluctant to toss it. But common sense prevailed. So hoping I had bought a dud, I re-purchased; and so far, so good. I have also at the time of this review purchased another tube for the future, as I regard this mascara as one that has a much shorter shelf life than others, once opened. Because it is what I consider a reasonable price point (less than $10.00 in my area), that is fair in my estimation. I have bought each time the non-waterproof version in the blackest shade available. As to results, I get a very plush, bold look from one coat application. I typically never wear more than one coat of mascara as I want a false lash effect, but not a heavy, verging-on-droopy effect that some formulas give me if I apply more than one. I also get separation that makes whatever eye look I am wearing that day look "better". So on this second tube, I've been much happier. If I do encounter any clumping, I use a metal lash comb, which is also what I think makes this mascara deliver a superb result. Using a lash comb is an additional step that absolutely takes extra time and for some is not worth either the time investment or cost. But the LP responds beautifully (at least on my lashes, and this is a subjective review) and leaves the mascara deposited, not stripped, but with the desired separation and volume I am buying and wearing it for. Honestly, that's all I am asking a mascara (any of them) to do- make my lashes look amazing at a reasonable cost on an obtainable, local basis. Furthermore, I haven't had any sensitivity issues with it. So Lash Paradise, we're good- I'm glad I gave you a second shot.

on 3/1/2018 12:32:00 AM

I wanted to try this mascara since Voluminous was one of my faves for years. It was a huge disappointment. This mascara flaked like crazy. I've really never had a mascara flake before and I was so shocked when I came home and looked in the mirror. I even had flecks above my top lashes. I did like brush shape however.

on 12/26/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Too Faced Better Than Sex is one of my favorite mascaras, it does wonders in giving volume to my fine and sparse 'Asian' lashes. I am always on the look out for drug store alternatives that can give me the same look for a fraction of the price. L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara, however, did not work for me at all with my particular lash shape. I wanted to like it, but I was disappointed and underwhelmed by its performance. It has a nice dark color but the wand made my lashes look clumped together in awkward directions without giving significant volume or length. It wasn't easy to work with or layer coats. I am sad to say this mascara didn't give me results it claims to have, and it is NOT a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara is a better option for me.

on 12/16/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

If you like a wet formula mascara, you may like this! It was too wet for me!

Nice mascara at first, but got thick and goopy after about a month. It a tarted flaking. I also prefer a tapered brush tip, not a butterfly shape. Will not repurchase and I think it’s way overhyped.

on 11/6/2017 6:32:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Voluminous Carbon Black, but decided to give Lash Paradise a try to see if the hype was true. I have to say that I have been using it a couple of months and am loving this formula. I feel like this gets me the same volume as Voluminous Carbon Black, but more length - excellent results on my lashes. I actually like the brush as it does a good job of getting into the corner lashes, good separation, and the black color is rich. I haven't had issues with the tube drying out or clumpy lashes thus far.