L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

on 2/23/2019 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'll have to make a note not to keep trying volumizing mascaras with huge wands, I think, no matter how much hype they get. They're just not my kind of mascara.

This one is pretty nice, as volumizing mascaras with huge wands go, but I have the world's puniest lashes and I want definition, separation and curl above all else. After that length, that's nice to have, and at the bottom of the list comes volume. Most volumizing mascaras clump up too much on me. That can work on more substantial lashes, to be sure, but I just end up looking like I have five short, clumpy lashes. This one is fine for layering, when I can be bothered. But it doesn't hold a curl well, which means that I have to use one that does first, and I have to wipe off nearly everything from the wand before applying. In the end, when I can actually be bothered to layer mascaras I tend to just put on a modest pair of falsies instead. In other words: I can see how this one would work for a lot of people, and I don't hate it, I just don't find myself reaching for it. Mine is probably expired and should be chucked.

Worth a try if volumizing mascaras with huge wands ARE your kind of mascara.

on 2/13/2019 7:27:00 AM

This quickly has become my go-to mascara. It's one of the few that does not leave me with dark circles-panda eyes. It thickens so well. It lengthens quite well. I think it gives me pretty dramatic, dark lashes. I use it in the blackened brown. I don't like black mascara on me, so that works really well. The only negative for me is that I do have to replace the tube more often than I do with other mascaras I have used in the past. It thickens and dries up quite quickly, in my experience, getting clumpy on the wand. So I just watch for coupons and sales, which are frequent and plentiful, and stock up then. So it's not too bad. It's really worth the extra trouble for me, because I really love this mascara. This and Benefit's They're Real are the only two mascaras I use these days. And this is much cheaper.

on 2/10/2019 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is good if you love dramatic lashes. It can veer a bit too clumpy for my tastes, but not too bad. I like that I can get quick volume with two coats. I tend to prefer a drier formula, but this is more wet. Not as wet as essence lash princess, which I loathed entirely. Some have said the brush is too big. I don’t mind it, probably because I have large eyes. My main issue is that I find it transfers to my brow bone. Slightly annoying. Nyx worth the hype and the purple cg lashblast don’t do this. I’ve also noticed flaking sometimes. I’ll have black spots near my eye or on my cheek. L’oreal mascaras have a tendency to flake on me and this was not the worst I’ve seen. It doesn’t get on my contact lens or irritate my eyes. It dried out fast too. Faster than normal. I go through mascara quick, but this seemed to dry out a couple weeks sooner than expected. Eye drops fixed it, but I will probably need a new mascara at the end of the month. Meaning I only got 2 months of use. I can usually squeeze out another couple of weeks. I love the finished effect but due to the issues mentioned and the fact that l’oreal is not cf will keep me from repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: dramatic look, deep colour
Cons: clumpy, flakes continually, wand is difficult to use

I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this in the waterproof version because I'm searching for a truly smudge proof mascara that won't budge for 10+ hours. This was highly recommended by the SA at Ulta. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it stays put, so well in fact that I have trouble removing it at the end of the day. But that's where the good ends. The brush is HUGE, and I have to scrape so much excess product off the wand before I apply to my lashes. To do otherwise would result in a clumpy god awful mess. It's a wet formula as well, it pulls my curl out as soon as I pull it through my lashes. Doesn't seem to offer much in the way of length, and the volume isn't that impressive either. Altogether a lacklustre product that I'll not repurchase nor recommend to others. My hunt continues...

on 1/24/2019 11:49:00 AM

I got this on sale for about $6. I'm so glad I didn't pay much because I do not like it at all. Thick and goopy, messy to apply. Has a clumpy "spider legs" effect. Also smudges badly. I will be trashing this!

on 1/17/2019 5:45:00 PM

Super disappointed In this mascara. At this price range I was expecting Atleast decent. Right from the start it was clumpy and the applicator is pointless. I would rather spend more for a decent mascara that doesn’t put me in s situation where I have to restart my makeup application process. When L’Oréal has decent mascaras, they don’t stay fresh after a week usually. I don’t recommend.

on 1/12/2019 5:04:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I've repurchased it a couple of times and I'm not planning on switching to another one anytime soon! Great price, beautiful packaging and good result. I have thick long hair and thick dark eyebrows, but my eyelashes are a different story...neither long nor thick. Or especially dark for that matter....Any mascara that I've tried before (only drugstore) has been a hopeless case for me, until i tried this one. It's easy to apply and gives my lashes both lenght and volume. It doesnt flake and rarely smudges. The only downside is that it dries out in the bottle quite quickly so you need to repurchase it. And also, I wear contacts but there's been no problem or reaction with this mascara.

on 12/27/2018 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My new HG mascara, and I'm incredibly picky! This gives me the fake lash effect I love and makes me look like I have a million lashes. Less is more with this as the formula is quite wet so it's easy to overdo it - I find there's enough on the brush to do both eyes without going back into the tube, whereas I'd usually need 2 or 3 brushes worth to achieve my desired look with other mascaras.

The size of the brush makes it a bit difficult to get into the corners of my eyes and towards the end of the day I do get some little flakes under my eyes, but those are the only (very minor) downsides for me. Best drugstore mascara I've found and probably rivals higher end ones too.

on 12/9/2018 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall I like this for a drugstore mascara. The formula is a bit dry and it applies smoothly without clumping. It does a decent job thickening my lashes, and it's okay for lengthening. I really like the brush, too.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and I have no flaking with it, either.
I love the case; it looks classy.