L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.5

I loved Too Faces Better Than Sex mascara. When my tube of that ran out, I heard this was a cheaper dupe and the hype on YouTube around this mascara has been positive. To give you an idea if this mascara will work for you, my eyelashes are about average good length, gopd amount, but not much curl to them. I curled with my lash curler, used this with and without the L'Oreal Lash Paradise Primer. Regardless this mascara gets gloppy quick and looks messy. After only one coat! I can usually make a mascara work, and don't mind a bit of thickness in formula, but when I find myself a bit panicky looking for a pair of tweezers or lash comb before the mascara dries spending 10+ minutes separating my lashes with, it's no longer worth it to me. I have mascaras that are better than this one. What bugs me is I truly believe the way the YouTubers were praising this product as a miracle mascara they were getting paid serious coin. I gave this mascara 2 stars because I can see this working well for thin and sparse lashes, but for the average lashes this mascara is a mess. No bueno!

on 11/11/2017 3:54:00 PM

Definitely my new fav mascara! I'm not sure if it is marketed as waterproof, but it stays on really well when wet and is long-lasting. Normally mascara always smudges on my lower lashes, even if I didn't apply it on my lower lashes, but this doesn't do that at all. No other mascara gives me big lashes like this does.

on 11/9/2017 2:46:00 PM

This was a big disappointment for me. I had been using L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, and really like it, but thought I would give this one a try. It was clumpy and uneven, and I really hate the brush! The brush has some longer and some shorter bristles, so that the whole brush doesn't hit your lashes--only the longest bristles do. If I get it closer so that the shorter bristles also contact, then the longer bristles hit my eye. Overall, I can't say anything good about this product except for the price, but I can get the L'Oreal Telescopic for the same price that looks much more natural, without all the clumps--plus the brush is much easier to manage.

on 11/8/2017 4:21:00 PM

Love this, and mostly because of the brush. This product delivers beautifully separated, fanned out mascara application on lashes, which is buildable and can create some pretty impressive lashes that almost rival fakes. For information, I always use waterproof mascara, and apply each coat lightly, starting at the 'root' of my eyelashes, gently wiggling the brush upwards to coat the length. I let the first coat dry for a minute or so, then go back in and *just* coat the lashes on each eye at least another 3 times, or more if I want a really dramatic look. The brush gives really nice coverage and definition without clumps or too much product, and I've found the formula to be really nice with no smudging or raccoon eyes. I've repurchased a few times now, and will continue to do so.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the waterproof version in blackest black and it gives an amazing false lash effect, I can see why it's so hyped up! With one coat lashes look feathery like a natural pair of falsies, but with two coats it looks too thick/clumpy for my preference. Unfortunately, this starts smudging on me after 3 hours or so, just like the majority of mascaras that I've tried :( It's not as bad as other mascaras (L'oreal voluminous butterfly made me look like I was punched in the face), but you can definitely see the dark smudges under my eyes. So far the only mascaras that don't smudge on my oily hooded lids are Japanese ones like the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Super Waterproof (almost too waterproof lol), Dollywink long mascara, Fiberwig (doesn't hold a curl very well), Fairydrops Platinum, Majolica Majorca Lash King, and Dasoda mega long mascara. I would stick to Japanese mascaras except they're a pain to get my hands on unless I buy online or pay the jacked up prices at my local asian mall.

Pros:
- doesn't flake
- feathery false lash effect
- holds curl really well
- long lasting but not that hard to remove with oil cleanser

Cons:
- smudges (enough to be noticeable)
- brush is a little big and awkward

Looks like the pros outweigh the cons, but any smudging is a dealbreaker for me :(

Lovely mascara! Fake lashes effect + no fall out below that I find most L'oreal mascara's are notorious for doing on me (even thought they def have the best mascaras for the fake lash look. This is definitely top favourite in drugstore so far. The only reason someone might not like this is they like natural, clump-free clean lashes maybe. Will repurchase and highly recommend!

on 11/7/2017 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara is nice. Love the packaging. It definitly adds volume and length to my lashes but it can be clumpy at times. I haven’t quite figured it out yet but I do like the mascara! Will continue to purchase.

on 11/6/2017 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not great...was expecting this is be amazing after all the hype...very basic...nice packaging but maybe theres a reason why most mascaras come in Black tubes...this ones lovely peechy paintwork is all black and smudged from mascara from the tip...not cute.

Il continue to use til gone, it doesnt flake or aggrivate ma eyes ...I do reach for it over urban decays perversion one but I wouldnt rush to repurchase this one either

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Good mascara. Not clumpy if you stick to one to two coats. Does not flake or transfer from my lashes. It is actually better than better than sex in that regard. I have repurchased multiple times. You can get a more natural subtle daytime look as well as a more sexy nighttime dramatic look depending on how many coats you use.

on 11/6/2017 7:11:00 PM

I know a lot of hype has been going around comparing this to Too Faced, Better Than Sex(My Favorite mascara) So Of course I had to see if it were true. Because If there’s a less than $10 dupe for Better Than Sex, ya girl was going to buy it. But sadly, it didn’t work for me. I tried it on one set of lashes and compared it to Better Than Sex on the other set and I saw a HUGE comparison, with Too Faced just looking less clumpy and a lot thicker than the Lash Paradise side.