L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.6

I am not a fan of BTS mascara...it always clumps on me and it falls off and completely covers my under-eye area within an hour or so. I was skeptical about this because everyone was saying it was a dupe for BTS, but it's super cheap and I've been looking for my HG mascara, as I'm yet to find one. My biggest problem with all mascaras is that they don't stay on...they just don't. Some stay on a little better than others, but I NEVER have a day that I don't have mascara under my eyes....and it sucks. I tried this after a literal month of searching for it because for whatever insane reason, it could not be shipped to Hawaii (I have acids shipped, so not quite sure why this would be a problem). It is definitely a very "wet" mascara, but it does seem to dry down quickly. It's definitely not a "natural day" mascara, either. The large brush doesn't bother me, it is how wet the product itself is that can get messy. It does stay on my lashes for about four or five hours without making me look like a raccoon, but not an all day wear like I wanted. It does clump and I like to use a separate brush after applying it with the brush it comes with because I find my lashes look too chunky if I don't. I did try wiping some of the product off of the brush before using it and it did help, but I don't want to waste that much product every time I apply it (totally defeats the purpose, right?).....however, I have done it more than once when I want a "perfect" application for an event. All of that being said, I'm on the fence with it...I like it, it seems to stay on longer than most, but sometimes it takes some extra work and I don't feel like mascara should be a lot of work. For now, I will use it and may possibly buy it again but I'm still on my search for my HG mascara.

on 7/20/2017 12:58:00 AM

I have been using this mascara for a while now and it is a good mascara, but it does have a few cons for me. I use the waterproof formula. It keeps my lashes curled all day long, minimal to no flaking and is a good black color. Some cons are that it dries out quickly no matter how tight I replace the cap and I find it to be messy when I pull the wand out of the tube. I scrape down the brush and the tip of the brush several times before applying to my lashes. In spite of this it does give good volume and length to my lashes.

on 7/19/2017 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim a couple of days ago. I really am impressed so far. It's a close dupe for Chanel's Le Volume waterproof mascara. It keeps lashes soft and not crunchy, which I like; removes without supreme effort; doesn't irritate my eyes; and gives good volume and coverage. I get a a tiny tiny bit of flaking by day's end but I have VERY oily eyelids though, so mine is probably an extreme case. At any rate, I was extremely surprised by the quality and wear.

on 7/18/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I never tried Better Than Sex mascara because of the bad reviews but they said this mascara is better dupe. So I tried this for myself and I don't like how big the brush is because it's hard to work with. It gives volume and small clumps form, but I have a lash comb to separate it and it works well like that. Other than that, I have mix feelings on this mascara.

on 7/18/2017 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I finally got my hands on this after hearing rave reviews for months. It looked like my tube of Better Than Sex mascara so i had high hopes itd be a cheaper dupe. I applied it to cleaned and curled bare lashes. It went on very clumpy and wet and after combing through my lashes it looked ok. The length was nothing special and it didnt hold the curl at all. They dried spikey and it flaked and smudged with a few hours. I was very disappointed in this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hunted this down like crazy - after seeing all the hype!! I'd never tried Better than sex, but I had seen the reviews - which were still mixed. This mascara was SUCH a DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I got the waterproof like was suggested, and was very underwhelmed. My goto mascara is Chanel Le Volume... so I'm picky. This brush is horrible, you have to be SO careful it's so gigantic - and it provided no volume, and barely coated my lashes (which are VERY long and lush). I don't really need a mascara to work miracles, but I do need it to coat productively - what I have, and make the ends visible. This really did not do that and the killer was that, because my lashes touch my brow bone ---- IT TRANSFERS the crap all over my eye. NOT THANKS.... I wasted $8!! Needless to say I was so disappointed. I guess there haven't been too many that had this experience with, but I really dislike this junk. An that's what this one is JUNK. So sorry to be so negative --- I love make up!!!

on 7/16/2017 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This does a fine job at separating and adding some volume to my lashes, but otherwise I prefer the original Voluminous formula which I think gives a more polished look and definitely adds more volume.

on 7/15/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This volumized okay for me but by 5 pm the mascara had faded and smudged on me. I was disappointed in this mascara and there are Maybelline mascaras that are better.

on 7/13/2017 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Wow this is fabulous! I have very thin barely noticeable lashes. My skin is oily as well so mascaras tend to easily smudge. This goes on easily (I do dab some off on a tissue first) with no clumping. The formula is on the drier side but I can and do still apply at least two layers. It does not smudge, lasts at least 12 hours, washes off easily with makeup remover. My new favorite!!

I bought this mascara because Tati from youtube reviewed it. She LOVED it and I trust her when it comes to reviews, so I tried it out for myself. Her review is here

I recommend you check it out before purchasing. Now here is my review... I have very hooded eyes and I like when my lashes flutter overtop my eyelid. This mascara makes my eyelashes look great. They make them very voluminous and long. The packaging is another added bonus. It is so pretty. Very similar to the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.