L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

on 1/17/2019 5:45:00 PM

Super disappointed In this mascara. At this price range I was expecting Atleast decent. Right from the start it was clumpy and the applicator is pointless. I would rather spend more for a decent mascara that doesn’t put me in s situation where I have to restart my makeup application process. When L’Oréal has decent mascaras, they don’t stay fresh after a week usually. I don’t recommend.

on 1/17/2019 4:43:00 PM

To me, it's an overhyped clumpy mess. Transfers all over my upper and lower lid. (you would think I'm related to some raccoons, but at least the raccoons can pull this look off) I had to check my eyes constantly for smudges and every time there I was a raccoon wannabe.
The brush is ok, but not great, can't wait to use it up, I won't ever get it again. I miss my all time favorite L'Oreal "Lash out" mascara.

on 1/12/2019 5:04:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I've repurchased it a couple of times and I'm not planning on switching to another one anytime soon! Great price, beautiful packaging and good result. I have thick long hair and thick dark eyebrows, but my eyelashes are a different story...neither long nor thick. Or especially dark for that matter....Any mascara that I've tried before (only drugstore) has been a hopeless case for me, until i tried this one. It's easy to apply and gives my lashes both lenght and volume. It doesnt flake and rarely smudges. The only downside is that it dries out in the bottle quite quickly so you need to repurchase it. And also, I wear contacts but there's been no problem or reaction with this mascara.

on 12/28/2018 3:28:00 PM

Umm... wtf? I’m Confused as to why this is so hyped up. I bought this yesterday at ulta and put it on today. I looked in the mirror a bit ago and gasped at how I look like I have no lashes. My natural lashes are decent, I use coconut oil to take my makeup off so I think they’ve grown a bit because of that. This mascara is very thin/dry. So yes no Clumps because of that which is a plus I suppose but I also have a metal mascara comb I use. I get no volume or length with this. My lashes look scrawny and blackened. Not a fan at all, taking this back Tomorrow. I prefer my $4 lash princess from essence.

on 12/27/2018 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My new HG mascara, and I'm incredibly picky! This gives me the fake lash effect I love and makes me look like I have a million lashes. Less is more with this as the formula is quite wet so it's easy to overdo it - I find there's enough on the brush to do both eyes without going back into the tube, whereas I'd usually need 2 or 3 brushes worth to achieve my desired look with other mascaras.

The size of the brush makes it a bit difficult to get into the corners of my eyes and towards the end of the day I do get some little flakes under my eyes, but those are the only (very minor) downsides for me. Best drugstore mascara I've found and probably rivals higher end ones too.

on 12/26/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The best things can say about this mascara is that it has great staying power and nice packaging. No matter what I did, it left my lashes a clumped, globby mess that no amount of post application combing and spoolie-ing could fix. This one is going in the trash.

on 12/9/2018 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall I like this for a drugstore mascara. The formula is a bit dry and it applies smoothly without clumping. It does a decent job thickening my lashes, and it's okay for lengthening. I really like the brush, too.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and I have no flaking with it, either.
I love the case; it looks classy.

on 12/9/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I’ve purchased this mascara twice. Several of my friends find it comparable to the Better than Sex mascara and I thought it might be as good as some of the higher end mascaras. I’ve only tried sample versions of the BTS but personally I didn’t find this mascara to be as effective as it or the L’Oréal Voluminous mascara. This particular mascara has a thick brush which I think helps with vollume but I found it hard to get it to the roots of my lashes for the lengthening effect I like. It also transferred a bit on me and the black was not as dark as I prefer. As.I don’t care for clumpy lashes that stay too wet, this just wasn’t my cup of tea. It might be yours if you like those things in.your mascara.

When I go high end I usually use a Lancôme mascara or Tarte’s Light Camera - they seem to give me the best combination of length and volume - and although I was hoping this would give those a run for their money, it did not.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this mascara because of Tati on youtube--I think I bought it once before and liked it but it wasn't my go-to at the time for some reason. I tried it again recently, and the first couple applications were okay, nothing special--and then after it dried out just a tiny bit, and now it's BOMB. It lengthens a little, but the VOLUME! It doesn't clump much, and it's pretty quick to apply. This is now my favorite mascara. It looks amazing with a full eye look or nothing else on your face. It will flake the tiniest bit after extended wear, but those are easy to brush off and it's really a tiny amount (I touch my eyelashes a lot because my contacts dry out throughout the day).

I cannot recommend this enough! Best drugstore mascara in my opinion.

EDIT: After reading some other reviews, I realized I forgot to mention the trick to applying this mascara (especially when it's newer).

When taking the wand out of the tube, angle it to one side so that it scrapes the excess off one side. Curl your eyelashes, then apply the first layer with the side that has more product, and then smooth it out with the side of the brush that has less product. This way it's not clumpy at all, and there's not too much on your lashes. If it's still a little clumpy, use a spoolie or a old cleaned mascara wand to comb them through and separate any lashes that happen to clump. This will look a lot better than just taking the wand out normally and slapping it on!

on 11/29/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

such a good mascara. one of the best in the drugstore, IMO. it's not flaky or too clumpy yet gives volume and length. the black is very black. and it lasts the whole day. i love it. repurchasing for sure.