NIVEA Nivea Creme - Authentic German formula made in Europe

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NIVEA Nivea Creme - Authentic German formula made in Europe
Nivea Creme - Authentic German formula made in EuropeNivea Creme - Authentic German formula made in Europe

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (EuceritŪ), Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Parfum.

on 10/5/2018 8:17:00 AM

Finally got the German formula Nivea creme!
It is definitely different from the one made in Mexico.

The German one absorbs better into the skin and feels less waxy.
I use this as a hand and feet cream and it works well.
Haven't tried it on my face as the floral smell is too overwhelming for me.
I use this only on small areas like hands and feet since smelling this constantly gives me a headache.

It would be perfect if the smell could be toned down or got rid of all together.

I read that this is a potential dupe for La Mer.
Maybe I'll try it on my face when I can overcome the strong floral smell of this creme.

on 11/28/2017 5:40:00 AM

I've been only using this for a few days, but it has made a huge difference in my facial skin! I've been looking around for quite some time for a product that helps hydrate and calm my winter skin, and finally I've found it. I used to go to bed with several layers of Korean moisturizers and raw shea butter on top and had a humidifier in the bedroom and still woke up with dry skin! So, about a week ago, I got fed up with it. I went to the store and picked this cream up, which I've known since childhood. I put on a thick layer on my face before bedtime, and I woke up with not-that-dry skin! It gets less dry after every day I use this! So yesterday I rushed to the store to get two more HUGE tins of this. It's that great! Also, I have sensitive pro-breakout skin that's dry most of the time, and this doesn't break me out, nor give me blackheads. And I live in the Netherlands so we have the German formula here.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm going to put this review here as my product was bought in the UK, although mine is in a plastic pot. You can buy the metal pots here though.

I've been recently trying the Korean skincare regime of layering, to try and find something that works to calm my rosacea. Unfortunately, it can very quickly become very expensive to keep buying products that either don't work with my skin or are very heavily fragranced when they arrived. So I needed something that I knew would work.

So, my skin is fairly unlined, and combination, although I'd say that as I age I have more dryness problems than oil problems. My eyelids in particular are extremely sensitive and get irritated sometimes, resulting in flaky skin. Not nice.

I use this for my dry hands and as a night cream. I wash my face in a non-foaming cleanser (using a Biore one from Japan at the moment), apply my antibiotic cream (not making much difference to the rosacea but I want to finish the tube) and allow to settle. Then I apply eye cream, serum and then add this over the top as a sort of moisture mask.

It works beautifully. When you initially scoop some up from the pot, it feels stiff and like it won't spread easily. However, when you start to massage it into your skin, it just melts in and spreads really well. It doesn't feel tacky, but it does feel moist for quite some time which is why I don't use it during the day. I doesn't irritate my skin, and when I wake up in the morning while I don't look glowy (I have never looked glowy in the morning who am I kidding!) my skin looks and feels plump and moisturised but not greasy.

This was cheap, so I don't feel bad if I have one in my bag and one on my dressing table. I picked this up on a whim having not used it for years and I'm really pleased I did.