Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Pillow Talk

4.2

When I bought this I had a deep tan (probably NC42+) but it's been a few weeks and my tan has significantly faded (I'm not my normal colour yet but a lot lighter). I have found that this lipstick looks good on me whether I'm tan or light (although I must say that it looks different each time - when I was deep it looked peachy nude now that I'm lighter it's more pink nude). Reviewers have compared it with MAC'S Velvet Teddy, which is also a favourite of mine. I couldn't agree more. VT on me is straight up nude but PT has more pink. It's a bit like swiping a bit of MAC Kinda Sexy (when I'm tan) or Mehr (when I'm light) over VT.

I remember at the counter the SA showed me other shades and even she didn't expect PT to look really good on me LOL but after seeing me try several others she said wow when I put PT on and said this was what I had to have.

I love that PT isn't drying on me. It has such an elegant, dressy packaging (one you pull out at dinner parties). It has a nice scent that isn't overpowering. The only downside (but not a deal breaker) is that it is not as opaque as MAC matte lipsticks.

I think this is a great pink nude/MLBB shade for a range of skin tones.

I'm NC20 and this is a perfect everyday neutral pink lipstick for me. It's close to MAC - Velvet teddy but pinker. The lipstick matches perfectly the lipliner in the same shade. If you like the pillowtalk lipliner, you're going to love the lipstick. The matte formula is quite comfortable, it reminds me of the texture that the lipbalm revel de miel by nuxe has. It has no significant scent. It is long lasting and not overly drying on the lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this but it was dismal on me. I have a neutral/fair complexion with rosy pigmented lips. This looked grayish beige on me. Will stick with my Laura Mercier Lychee Parfait - that really looks like my lips.

on 6/10/2017 5:52:00 PM

As per Charlotte Tilbury style the lipstick is housed in a beautiful rose gold colored case. The case itself screams quality. The lipstick has a slight vanilla fragrance but no discernable taste. It goes on smoothly. I find I need a couple of swipes to get full, opaque coverage. I would call it semi matte. Although, not super moisturizing, it is not drying. It stays on about 4 hours, less if I eat or drink. The color is a nude, dusty pink on me. It is really lovely. On my skin it is a little cool. I hope it remains a permanent shade because of its versatility. It can be very laid back to high fashion. If I lose it or use it up, I will definitely repurchase. Highly recommend.

on 7/29/2017 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was waiting for 2-3 weeks for this product to arrive (had to order it via Instagram online seller to avoid the tax fuss here). It's a beautiful dusty rose color that suits for everyday wear. My husband is very picky on my lip color, he doesn't like overly done face or strong colors (which I don't mind too, fyi), so this is perfect for me. It has a vanilla scent but nothing too strong. It doesn't look matte neither too glossy, but moisturising enough with a sheen finish. If I had money to buy more CT lipstick, most likely I will pick another color to compare shades/for collection sake 😜 The signature packaging is forever lovely and very classic. Loving it.

on 6/30/2017 9:27:00 AM

I ordered this online and only when it was delivered and I swatched it did I realise its pretty much the exact same as Velvet Teddy by Mac which I purchased only a few months ago, the only difference is Pillow talk is slightly lighter and a bit less opaque compared to Velvet teddy but once theyre on nobody would spot the difference. I love Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and I will wear this one but im raged that its so similar to another cult classic product. If you want to save money then just go buy Velvet Teddy instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pillow Talk is MY nude lipstick. Not too pink, not too brown, too light or too dark, it is PERFECT. And the Matte Revolution formula is one of the few matte formulas that don't kill my lips. Not only that, if you haven't tried the formula, it's quite unlike any other I've seen in terms of matte-ness as well. The MR lipsticks have this beautiful glow, not pearly or metallic, just a glow, and just enough translucence to let the glow through. It's very unique, it would have to be for me to pay $34! I even bought a backup of Pillow Talk because of its limited edition status. I hope the demand will eventually cause it to be added to the permanent list, it's THAT special.

on 5/14/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For my fair complexion Matte Revolution Pillow Talk is one of the best MLBB nudes I have found, and with the perfect matte finish. I am NW15 for reference, blonde with very pigmented lips, so nudes can be tricky on me because they tend to wash me out. Before Pillow Talk was launched this spring, I used to wear Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk lip liner and Very Victoria Matte Revolution lipstick. Comparing these two, I prefer Pillowtalk because with my skin tone it just looks more complex. The shade Pillowtalk has some more pink tones compared to Very Victoria which is more muted and mauvey with a hint of grey. The finish of all CT Matte Revolution lipsticks is perfection to me. Always having dry lips I hadn't come across many matte lip products that I could wear comfortably, and that would look flattering. Only exception being Tom Ford, however, the color range of mattes TF offers is somewhat limited. Other CT mattes I enjoy with my coloring are Bond Girl, Amazing Grace and Secret Selma. In all Matte Revolution shades, I much enjoy the soft and not overpowering vanilla scent, the genius square shape of the lipstick tip which makes applying without a brush a breeze and the glamorous rose gold art deco inspired packaging. Price went up to $34 recently, but in my view these lipsticks are a worthy splurge.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love pillow talk w pillow talk lip cheat & seduction lip lacquer. My perf nude! I just love charlotte tilbury makeup from the substantial feeling/looking packaging to the square tip for ease of application. #winning #keepingit