MILANI Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder

MILANI Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder
Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder

4.3

Not tested on animals

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Mica (Ci 77019) , Silica, Nylon-12, Water (Aqua), Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1Dimethicone, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Palmitic Acid, Tin Oxide, Xanthan Gum, Lauric Acid, Lecithin. /- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

on 1/30/2019 5:39:00 PM

Incredible! There’s a good reason why this consistently on here and beauty blogs gets 5 stars. It’s perfect. I have it next to my Hourglass powder and there is zero difference except for the cost. It blurs. It illuminates. It really does make your skin look lit from within. Most of all it does not oxidize. It’s a winner ! Yes, I will repurchase it !

on 1/18/2019 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I originally tried this when it first came out a year or two ago. I ordered off amazon and ended up throwing it away as it had literally no pigment! I'm guessing I just recieved a bad one. I recently bought this from my local drugstore again and absolutely love it. I have oily looking skin that actually is very dry and dull. This sets my makeup without looking heavy or chalky. It gives the perfect amount of illumination, that lit from within look. I will add that my skin didn't get super oily for literally hours, which is insane for me. I am usually oily within minutes.

on 12/20/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very soft powder. No shimmer or glitter, just buttery soft goodness that imparts a gorgeous soft lit glow on the skin. A drugstore dupe for the Anastasia Ambient Powder in Dim Light at a very affordable price. The compact is slim and sturdy, lightweight so I imagine if you are someone that uses a lot of powder you will go through this fairly quick. I use a scant dusting only if my base is looking a little too dewy because I have dry skin so it suits me fine. If after application it appears too dry I will mist with a hydrating or setting spray to mesh everything together.

on 5/20/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i dont like it :(

i used shade '02 transparent' and tried it with a big fluffy brush... used it to set foundation and also tried it as a finishing powder (not at the same time).

it seems to go on fine but when i look at myself in different lighting (or take selfies), it looks flat, dry and powdery. i can really see it on my skin even if i use a light application. it provides a barely detectable amount of glow/radiance for me.

this is despite using multiple applications of mac fix+ (right after application of the powder and also at the end of the rest of my makeup because it still looks powdery)

i thought maybe i would hit on a drugstore gem but the milani powder simply cannot compete with the powders that i already have (hourglass, mac, winky lux, too faced, stellar, chanel, laura mercier, rcma). at the drugstore, however, i will say that the milani powder is better for me than elf.

the milani powder cost around $11 (cdn).. so the damage is not significant but it is still annoying. this powder will be relegated to setting eyelid primer, which is what i do with all powders that i dont like on my face. yes, it will join the powder graveyard with tarte, elf, marcelle, MUFE and benefit.

darn. oh well, sometimes he have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince... im sorry that i cheated on my prince(s) for this frog.

(of course i mean absolutely no offense to people who enjoy this powder! it is just not for me personally)

on 4/1/2018 9:11:00 PM

Very much comparable to the hourglass ambient lighting powders. The glow/ micro glitter is right on par with the more expensive hourglass ones. Complete dupe. Although, milani only offers one shade. But just like the ambient lighting powders, this eventuates texture. I need looking older with these sort of powders. Total pass. Doesn’t keep makeup matte long term either. Sorry milani, still a fan of the brand though! Worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is amazing. If you are loooking for a drugstore transluscent setting powder that doesn't flashback, look pasty on dark skin tones, or look completely flat, try this. I stopped using it because it unfortunately doesn't work with my foundation, but I highly recommend it. Lasts a long time too. Be warned it does have a bit of shimmer to it, but it's the most finely ground shimmer you've ever seen in powder form. I assume it's the "glow" portion.

on 2/21/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this for setting my face and under eye concealer. I had been using the Essence all about Matt powder, which is a great setting powder, but I prefer the less matte finish of this one. It sets my foundation and concealer perfectly, and helps my concealer not crease too much. I used to use elf undereye loose powder but this is better and now I don’t need to use two products.

This is so good. Gives soft focus effect, with a subtle sheen. It's finely milled and perfectly pressed, very satiny. No grit or glitter. I like this and it's hard for me to use powder because I have dry skin and at age 36 my pores seem to show more and emphasize fine lines. Not with this one! THIS powder dusted lightly does blur imperfections very nicely and doesn't look dry at all! It's translucent and has a shade in the pan but I can't tell if it put any color on my nc15 face. It does look a lot like my skin but with a glow. I would guess its meant to be like the hourglass ambient powders or the LM candlelit powders, ive not tried those yet, but their descriptions match the way this performs. It's even great for setting concealer. The packaging is sleek and simple, similar to mac but flatter. I dont notice any scent to it. Hasnt affected my skin in any negative ways. The price was very reasonable, can't remember exactly but it was less than $10. Very nice...

on 11/13/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had not been using much powder for a long time, found it made me look dry and cakey. But I've changed my skincare routine and it's better hydrated than before, so I can use some powder when I need it.

I heard this is a dupe for the Hourglass blurring finishing powders; haven't tried those, so can't speak to that, just something to keep in mind. Since I don't use much powder, unwilling to drop that much money on it. I do have a small size of the Laura Mercier translucent and like that, but this is for a different purpose: to create a subtle blurring effect on the skin, as a final step.

I'm pretty fair, and given the "color" of this, was a little worried it'd be dark on me; I don't even do bronzer, so.... But no, this doesn't give a discernible color, it works just fine for me. I apply very sparingly, using a duofiber stippling brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really love this powder. I usually use the elf hd powder to set my face but I've grown tired of the way it mattifies my face (not really into matte complexions) and if I look closely I can see the powder on my under eye area so I saw this new product and immediately had to try it. It looks so natural and really sets the face, I love it's satiny finish and it doesn't make my face look really matte. I get a tad oily on my nose throughout the day but not with this powder. I will definitely be repurchasing