MILANI Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder

MILANI Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder
Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder

4.5

Not tested on animals

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Mica (Ci 77019) , Silica, Nylon-12, Water (Aqua), Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1Dimethicone, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Palmitic Acid, Tin Oxide, Xanthan Gum, Lauric Acid, Lecithin. /- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

on 4/1/2018 9:11:00 PM

Very much comparable to the hourglass ambient lighting powders. The glow/ micro glitter is right on par with the more expensive hourglass ones. Complete dupe. Although, milani only offers one shade. But just like the ambient lighting powders, this eventuates texture. I need looking older with these sort of powders. Total pass. Doesn’t keep makeup matte long term either. Sorry milani, still a fan of the brand though! Worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is amazing. If you are loooking for a drugstore transluscent setting powder that doesn't flashback, look pasty on dark skin tones, or look completely flat, try this. I stopped using it because it unfortunately doesn't work with my foundation, but I highly recommend it. Lasts a long time too. Be warned it does have a bit of shimmer to it, but it's the most finely ground shimmer you've ever seen in powder form. I assume it's the "glow" portion.

on 2/21/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this for setting my face and under eye concealer. I had been using the Essence all about Matt powder, which is a great setting powder, but I prefer the less matte finish of this one. It sets my foundation and concealer perfectly, and helps my concealer not crease too much. I used to use elf undereye loose powder but this is better and now I don’t need to use two products.

This is so good. Gives soft focus effect, with a subtle sheen. It's finely milled and perfectly pressed, very satiny. No grit or glitter. I like this and it's hard for me to use powder because I have dry skin and at age 36 my pores seem to show more and emphasize fine lines. Not with this one! THIS powder dusted lightly does blur imperfections very nicely and doesn't look dry at all! It's translucent and has a shade in the pan but I can't tell if it put any color on my nc15 face. It does look a lot like my skin but with a glow. I would guess its meant to be like the hourglass ambient powders or the LM candlelit powders, ive not tried those yet, but their descriptions match the way this performs. It's even great for setting concealer. The packaging is sleek and simple, similar to mac but flatter. I dont notice any scent to it. Hasnt affected my skin in any negative ways. The price was very reasonable, can't remember exactly but it was less than $10. Very nice...

on 11/13/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had not been using much powder for a long time, found it made me look dry and cakey. But I've changed my skincare routine and it's better hydrated than before, so I can use some powder when I need it.

I heard this is a dupe for the Hourglass blurring finishing powders; haven't tried those, so can't speak to that, just something to keep in mind. Since I don't use much powder, unwilling to drop that much money on it. I do have a small size of the Laura Mercier translucent and like that, but this is for a different purpose: to create a subtle blurring effect on the skin, as a final step.

I'm pretty fair, and given the "color" of this, was a little worried it'd be dark on me; I don't even do bronzer, so.... But no, this doesn't give a discernible color, it works just fine for me. I apply very sparingly, using a duofiber stippling brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really love this powder. I usually use the elf hd powder to set my face but I've grown tired of the way it mattifies my face (not really into matte complexions) and if I look closely I can see the powder on my under eye area so I saw this new product and immediately had to try it. It looks so natural and really sets the face, I love it's satiny finish and it doesn't make my face look really matte. I get a tad oily on my nose throughout the day but not with this powder. I will definitely be repurchasing

I wish I loved this as much as I did when I first bought it. This gives the skin such a pretty glowy finish while still making your skin matte. I was using this everyday, and I didn't need a finishing spray to make my face feel good. But as I kept using this, I noticed I was having problems with the powder products I would put on top of the powder. It wasn't til I used my Maybelline better skin when I noticed it. My blush and highlight would not show up when I used this! It didn't matter what brush, what blush, what amount, I couldn't get blush to show up. Also, if you use a more natural highlight, it doesn't show up as well since this is already a glowy powder. If you don't like doing the intense makeup look and don't mind working on the products on top, this will probably be for you. The only other complaint is the color. I'm pretty pale, and it made me a little more pale, so I don't know how it would work on deeper skin

on 8/23/2017 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this. Not quite as good as hourglass but it's definitely close, and for the price difference? Sign me up. Already bought backups.
I have dry skin but for some reason, makeup wears off my face quite easily. So i'm on a mission to find a setting powder that sets my face well but doesn't make it look super dry or powdery. This stuff looks amazing on my skin. It doesn't add any coverage, but it sets everything in place and leaves a very subtle glowy veil so my skin never looks powdery. I think it helps set my makeup, but it doesnt lock everything in place quite as well as some of my other higher end powders. Still a great find and will continue to use it for daily makeup.

on 7/12/2017 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this! I apply it pre-foundation (I wear Physician's Formula CC cream and apply that with my fingers) and then top off my foundation/CC cream with this. I use a powder puff to buff it into my skin and it does an awesome job at covering up my ginormous pores on my nose. I have superbly oily skin, especially in my t-zone and this powder surprisingly lasts all day. My skin glows all day and still looks fresh 12 hours after I have applied it. I will definitely repurchase. I don't think I've ever been more pleased with a setting powder!

I fell in love with this. If Hourglass created a drugstore dupe for their Ambient lighting powders, this is it. I'd probably only suggest it for those with medium to fair skin. It might leave a white cast on darker skin.

I'm around a NC17 in MAC and this worked well for me. It gave me a glowy flawless look to my foundation. I was barely oily but not cakey at the end of the day. Which is a major feat for me.

As I have combination dehydrated skin. Which foundation usually cakes easily on my skin and gets worse as the day goes on. Also I'm either super dry or a pool of oil at the end of the day.