Trader Joe's 100% organic argan oil

Trader Joe's 100% organic argan oil
100% organic argan oil

4.1

on 5/30/2018 12:46:00 AM

Great price for a great product! Mine has no true smell to it. Maybe a subtle nutty smell, at most, but it isnt pungent. I'm well over halfway through my bottle and will definitely repurchase. My skin is soooo happy I discovered this gem!

on 2/19/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have purchased two bottles of this oil, the first bottle had a mild "goat" smell, but it performed like a decent argan oil, i.e., my dry, sensitive skin exhibited improved texture and hydration. A good argan oil should give results and do more for your skin than your run-of-the-mill plant-based oil. I added a few drops of lavender oil and the goat smell was no longer noticeable. I just purchased a second bottle and the goat smell is not there, but I did not test the efficacy of the product yet.

I enjoy argan oil, but I would be ecstatic if TJ's brought out a moringa oil!

on 2/12/2018 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought T.J.'s argan oil a number of times, and if it smells bad, you got a bad batch. Take it back because T.J.'s makes returns easy.

I add this to various moisturizers for face and body and use it on my hair. Josie Maran's really beautiful and a great saleswoman, but I'll take my T.J.'s bargain and be happy because it works for a fraction of J.M.'s price.

on 1/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love argan oil as a hair and facial moisturizer, but this one from TJ's has a horrible smell. Manure is the right word for it. I'm wondering if perhaps I got a bad batch....

on 12/31/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

loveeeee. 6 bucks for a light oil that doesn't break me out or irritate my skin (unlike coconut oil, olive oil, etc.) Granted I only use it on my hands/nails and face/neck. Occasionally I use it on my hair as an overnight mask of sorts, but my hair is wayyy too fine and naturally oily to use this as a styling product. Absorbs super quickly into the skin and makes a nice pre-makeup base. Not sure why people think this smells like manure unless they got a rancid batch which can happen with Trader Joes. To me it has a very subtle but pleasant fruity smell.

on 12/12/2017 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Cheaper alternative to Josie Maran, yes but do I get the same results, no :) When I first saw this was very excited to purchase it since the cost was soo low. But the smell is badddd :( Thought it goes away after the first few minutes...the greasy factor is the deal breaker for me.This oil is a tad bit more oily(3/4 drops) so I used it on the body not for the face. Love the price point but sadly it did not work for me. Search continues :P

This was RANCID when I got it. Again oil is NOT supposed to smell like MANURE if it does THROW IT OUT. You are better off spending the $ for high quality oil.

on 11/9/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up as an alternative to the Josie Maran argan oil. $6.99 vs $48? Yes, please. My bottle does have a very light "organic" scent - what I would call slightly grassy or maybe even nutty. It's only noticeable if you stick your nose in the bottle & take a deep whiff, and personally I do not find it bothersome at all. I also can't detect it at all when I use the oil. The light scent is because the oil is raw and unrefined. The Ordinary's argan oil has the same scent. (Argan oils that have no scent a la Josie Maran have been deodorized or processed with heat. Also note that a light "manure" scent does not mean rancid oil, unless it smells very strong/overwhelming.) I am 42 with normal to dry skin, and problems with winter dryness. I strictly use this on my face. I sometimes mix 1 drop into my foundation to act as a primer/moisturizer, but mostly I use it as a night treatment. After cleansing, toning & serum, I use about 5 drops spread over my entire face and let it soak in. I haven't had one single issue with my usual flaky dryness since starting this. Each morning my skin is clear and smooth. After using it for several months, my skin is overall more hydrated, in better condition, and I am definitely seeing some anti-aging benefits as far as reduction in fine lines & wrinkles. I'm thrilled with how well this works, and I will continue to repurchase as long as Trader Joe's sells it! I've had my bottle since May (it's November now), use it daily, and I'm not even halfway through it. In my opinion, this is one of the best beauty bargains in Trader Joe's.

on 11/6/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite argan oil and I’ve tried them all...dirt cheap for the quality. It is the real deal, too...

on 11/6/2017 6:45:00 PM

I picked this up at TJ's back in February when I first saw it on shelves. I've had good results in the past with oil cleansing and moisturizing (DHC) and was curious about argan oil and had done a lot of research on what to look for, but didn't want to pay Josie Maran prices. I thought for $6.99 + tax it was worth trying. I have been using it several months now and have been loving it. I use about 3-4 drops at a time. The lines around my eyes are much softer and my skin looks hydrated and plump. I have not had any breakouts from using argan oil. It works well under CeraVe AM for daytime and alone or over AHA at night. I only wish this had a pump instead of a dropper, but I love it and will repurchase. I almost always use it 2x a day and will easily get another 1.5-2 months out of this bottle. It's a good choice if you want to give argan oil a try without spending too much.

For those looking at argan oil, it's all organic, but should be cold pressed/first press, pale yellow in color and little fragrance, maybe just a hint of nuttiness. If it has a strong smell chances are it went bad or is mixed something else.