L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation

4.2

on 11/29/2017 8:47:00 PM

I generally don't like too thick foundations but this one is great. It really covers up my blemishes without feeling heavy. I look like a poreless goddess with this! I'm shade 304 and I'm usually an NC 20-25

on 11/22/2017 3:34:00 PM

After using the L'Oreal Pro Matte Infallible and liking it a lot, I decided to give this a try. I have fairly even skin with a little bit of redness around my nose, and a couple sun spots and this stuff does a nice job of evening up my skin. I use a large round 'toothbrush' style foundation brush to apply it, and it does a great job of applying it evenly and completely. I wouldn't call it FULL coverage, but it is a Medium-Full. I've used it on blemishes and it's made them invisible, but won't completely cover a dark freckle on my cheek. A little goes a long way, (I use a bit more than a pea size on the back of my hand and it does my entire face, and blends down to my neck. The texture (with the brush) seems a little too airy to provide total coverage, but it does fine for my purposes. I've worn it in the heat of summer and while doing a bit of work at volunteer events and it doesn't seem to move.

The shades I've used (303-304-305) seem to complement my skin tone extremely well, with no demarcation due to oxidation. It stays on very well all day (I do use a powder to set it. Infallible pro matte) and aside from an after lunch touch up of powder, (I do still get shiny in my T zone, although the foundation stays put) I'm good all day. I don't notice a whole lot of transfer onto my coat collar or otherwise (except for the powder, if I'm honest) and it does not seem to irritate my skin at all. At the end of the day, it comes off cleanly with a microfiber cloth and cetaphil, or if I'm feeling lazy a micellar water wipe or two. (I also do liquid lipstick and eyeliner so I need at least two wipes to clean it all off)

I would say, it does seem that the three shades I've worn for the seasons run cool, so it may be a little to flat to those with warmer or rosy skin tones. (At least for the palest shades) For me it works amazingly well, as most foundations tend to oxidize warm on me giving me an orange glow that isn't at all like my normal tone. And it's definitely not too pinky, which is another challenge with the paler skin tones out there.

on 8/5/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

All I can say is Wow! I'm over 50 and have been foundation-obsessed lately, looking for something with lots of coverage that also looks natural and doesn't make my skin look too textured and older than it is. Yes, I want the best of both worlds and at an affordable price! This foundation meets all my requirements and has a lovely natural finish if applied correctly. The color Creamy Natural is a good match for my NC15-NC20 light olive skin.

What didn't work: Applying with a brush over skin that was not adequately hydrated. Adding generous setting powder or baking is also a no-no. It can look cakey and overly dry and just awful! But with a Beauty Blender and a very light-handed whisper of setting powder, it's a completely different story.

What did work: Hydrate skin adequately (and then some) first. I use CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion AM with spf 30, then add CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream or CeraVe Moisturizing PM Lotion to places where I get dry patches. I let that soak in for about 15 minutes, then add my primer (any silicone primer works). Then I apply the foundation very lightly with fingers and blend out with a damp beauty blender. A little foundation goes a long way, and it is buildable in very thin layers. If I go sparingly with this, it is amazing and looks flawless without being overdone. Full coverage is easy to achieve with minimum product. Once it gets heavy, you're in trouble but keeping it light is just breathtaking. It lasted all day with the same coverage and fresh finish that I had just after application. I am amazed at how great my skin looks every time I catch a glimpse of myself with this foundation on. Hubby says I look like a 30-something with this one, so it's a keeper for me.

on 11/18/2017 11:05:00 AM

This is the world's most PERFECT foundation. I'm completely obsessed. I have tried EVERY SINGLE FOUNDATION ON THE MARKET, from 10 dollars to 150 dollars. I am 48 and have dryer skin, and am very fair. I can't even believe this foundation....it is SO natural and gorgeous and lasts ALL DAY. I want to wear this forever, but since I love it so much I'm sure L'Oreal will discontinue it. Ugh. Anyway, this is the HOLY GRAIL of foundation.

on 8/22/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this because i fancied trying out a new foundation...
Matte finish and high coverage, longwear foundation.
Not a great shade collection, I bought two and one is ok.
Not great when it rains! Face went white and streaky! !!!!
Maybe a powder would stop that but I try to avoid that.
Absolutely gutted, it was exactly what I was after :(

on 8/8/2017 8:00:00 PM

This foundation is great for full coverage, but is super heavy! A little pricey for drugstore foundation, but works well. Works best by buffing it out with a wet beauty blender. Would buy it again for great coverage!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product was not as full coverage as I thought it would be. It is a nice long lasting foundation, but I have taken off a few lippies because it does not live up to it's claims. The texture is airy but I find that it's too moussey to use with my preferred application tool,, the beauty blender. I used it with a brush and it looked great on my skin but I would call the coverage medium.

on 6/2/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I thought this might be an inexpensive alternative to my usual Kat von D foundation. I tried four of the shades and they seem to have a strange green undertone. The coverage was less than suggested by their tattoo-covering advertising but it does layer well. I found a brush easier to use than a beauty blender as this has a light texture.

I genuinely like this foundation. Like another post stated, I tried it due to Paula Begoun's review in Beautipedia. I am 65 years old and I am told I look like I am in my 50's (genetics) Smile. I am a recent Breast Cancer Survivor, yay...and I am slowly getting my skin back in shape since the chemo. I have tried several products lately but this one is a keeper for me! It really does cover redness and does not sink into lines and that is very important to me. Even my large pores do not stand out with this foundation:-) I hope you all have an excellent day and enjoy your journey!!

on 5/30/2017 9:57:00 PM

I've been looking for a product like this my whole life! Never buying anything else now. Highly recommend. Just remember a little bit goes a long way :)