L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation

3.5

on 7/18/2018 6:41:00 PM

Terrible for acne-prone/combo skin. After a few hours, skin looks terrible and pores look enlarged. If you get your skin even slightly wet (rain for example), the foundation will remove.

on 6/28/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome foundation. In my opinion gives at least 12 hours solid coverage. Seems to start cracking and settling at the evening hours. Full smooth coverage, very blendable and light. Maintains in sweat and heat. Will be part of my routine from now on.

on 6/10/2018 7:09:00 AM

I have combination skin with slightly uneven red pores on cheek area. I was hesitant to buy because I thought a full coverage matte would be very heavy and cakey, but I was wrong. If you only use a little product over primer it goes a long way and buffs in with a brush really beautifully. The colour is very natural on me (nc20 in mac, I have shade porcelain). It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face and the matte lasted well before I needed to touch up.

Product comes out of tube thick & cakey. It looks just “okay” on my skin once blended out and dry. This foundation really doesn’t do much for my complexion and is rather dry and powdery looking which I don’t like at all. It also accentuates my fine lines and is more of a medium than a full coverage. Overall, I’m not pleased with this and won’t be buying it again. Can not recommend.

on 3/21/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This foundation did not work for me AT ALL. The consistency is extremely thick and goopy. Yes it is pretty much full coverage, but if you have oily and acne prone skin like I do then stay away. After about and hour (and this is with a pore filling primer and matifying powder on top) I was very oily, pores were very visible and the foundation was already starting to break apart. It also made me break out.
I love the brand, but if you have oily skin I would highly recommend the L'Oreal infallible 24 Matte over this - much better consistency and it lasts!

on 2/26/2018 5:45:00 PM

Maybe I’m using this wrong, but for me this is a medium coverage foundation, I notice that I sheer it out more than the youtuber standard but I don’t go around looking like I’m wearing a mask. It is a nice foundation that sheers out to a lovely finish. I prefer to apply this with a damp sponge and lately I’ve been adding some face oil to it before application, mostly because I don’t like the space filler approach to foundation. Whether I mix in oil or not I do find that this foundation separates a bit as the day goes on and slowly disappears throughout a work day. I have normal to dry skin so I guess it’s less lasting on oily skin. It’s nice but I prefer the Infallible Matte foundation for finish and longevity.

This foundation is kind of gross! It is thick and goopy and just looks so heavy on the skin. It does not last, and it oxidizes terribly on me. Would NOT buy again.

on 12/26/2017 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a very good foundation but in Europe the shade selection is very, very limited. I can´t understand why we can´t have the 12 shades available in the US! The shade numbers and names are also completely different... the light shades have pink undertones, so if you are really yellow, forget it... I usually use nc20 but my skin is neutral-olive, so I can use 20 sand (pink), but the match is not perfect. I wish loreal would have more shades available in Europe...

on 11/29/2017 8:47:00 PM

I generally don't like too thick foundations but this one is great. It really covers up my blemishes without feeling heavy. I look like a poreless goddess with this! I'm shade 304 and I'm usually an NC 20-25

on 11/22/2017 3:34:00 PM

After using the L'Oreal Pro Matte Infallible and liking it a lot, I decided to give this a try. I have fairly even skin with a little bit of redness around my nose, and a couple sun spots and this stuff does a nice job of evening up my skin. I use a large round 'toothbrush' style foundation brush to apply it, and it does a great job of applying it evenly and completely. I wouldn't call it FULL coverage, but it is a Medium-Full. I've used it on blemishes and it's made them invisible, but won't completely cover a dark freckle on my cheek. A little goes a long way, (I use a bit more than a pea size on the back of my hand and it does my entire face, and blends down to my neck. The texture (with the brush) seems a little too airy to provide total coverage, but it does fine for my purposes. I've worn it in the heat of summer and while doing a bit of work at volunteer events and it doesn't seem to move.

The shades I've used (303-304-305) seem to complement my skin tone extremely well, with no demarcation due to oxidation. It stays on very well all day (I do use a powder to set it. Infallible pro matte) and aside from an after lunch touch up of powder, (I do still get shiny in my T zone, although the foundation stays put) I'm good all day. I don't notice a whole lot of transfer onto my coat collar or otherwise (except for the powder, if I'm honest) and it does not seem to irritate my skin at all. At the end of the day, it comes off cleanly with a microfiber cloth and cetaphil, or if I'm feeling lazy a micellar water wipe or two. (I also do liquid lipstick and eyeliner so I need at least two wipes to clean it all off)

I would say, it does seem that the three shades I've worn for the seasons run cool, so it may be a little to flat to those with warmer or rosy skin tones. (At least for the palest shades) For me it works amazingly well, as most foundations tend to oxidize warm on me giving me an orange glow that isn't at all like my normal tone. And it's definitely not too pinky, which is another challenge with the paler skin tones out there.