Givenchy Le Rouge-A-Porter

Givenchy Le Rouge-A-Porter
Le Rouge-A-Porter

4.5

on 10/14/2017 4:42:00 AM

Absolute heaven! I was going in circles trying to find a natural looking, not too creamy, not too matte, lip tint that stays on relatively long - wasted enough money on all kind of drugstore products. This is it and money best invested. Unlike others,though, I am not a fan of the fancy package- I wish it was lighter and simpler.

on 5/9/2017 10:33:00 AM

I have this in shade 303, Framboise Griffee. This is an expensive ($36) sheer lipstick packaged in a slim, luxe-as-f tube. I like the thin bullet, it makes for a nice precise application. The color I got is gorgeous - it looks like it's going to be a sheer deep wine, but shows up as more of a luscious berry on me (pigmented lips, light olive complexion, dark hair/eyes). It's *incredibly* flattering. (I tried on some of the other colors too, and this line has many beautiful, flattering-yet-interesting shades to play with!)

I don't find this lipstick particularly hydrating, but my lips are always dry. I think they are addicted to everything I put on them, but that's another story. I actually find it a TAD drying. It glides on easily and luxuriously (this is one where some of your money is going towards the entire sensory experience), yet sticks to your lips. It has a light floral fragrance. The color can be built up so it's a little deeper, and it does stain your lips a bit...as far as sheer lipstick formulas go, it sticks around more than others but still has terrible lasting power (par for the course) but it does fades elegantly. Adding a "base" helps when I want it to last longer (a stain, a layer of similarly colored lipstick, etc etc). Then I just top off when needed.

This gives a juicy (yet classy), translucent just-bitten look to my lips and is a pleasure to use and wear. It ain't perfect, and it's expensive, but it gets me one step closer to my summer gypsy aesthetic goal ;) I do recommend checking out this line, I think it's really well done.