NYX Stripped Off Micellar Water

No Image

3.5

on 10/21/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What MiaGator said. Doesn't do much for removing makeup, even non-waterproof. Maybe if I were to try applying it three times instead of two, but 1) I wouldn’t bet on it, and 2) why, when others work on the first pass? Oh, and this was with eyeliner pencil and shadow, both from NYX.

on 8/27/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I needed a cruelty free replacement for my beloved Simple micellar water. This is it. I noticed that the first few ingredients in each are the same. The NYX does not leave a residue on the skin. This is important to me because I use micellar water to cleanse my dry skin in the AM. It does a good job at removing makeup. It would not be enough to remove a smokey eye, waterproof eyeliner, or waterproof mascara. It does not have a scent or irritate my eyes. Be aware that product comes out of bottle fast. Be careful when pouring out.

on 5/9/2017 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Meh. Was looking for something easier to dispense than the Garnier micellar water, with its hard, unsqueezable bottle. This large, more flexible bottle seemed to fit the bill. I generally like NYX makeup, but this micellar water is not good enough to remove basic makeup.

Didn't do a good job at removing eyeshadow over primer. Left residue and sparkles everywhere. Didn't do much to budge my gel eyeliner, either. I wouldn't trust it to remove other makeup and do a good job cleaning out the pores. I had to follow with the Garnier, and SO much came off. I only give it two lippies because it didn't irritate anything. Maybe a good micellar water has to be bi-phase? I don't know, but this single-phase product is just not great.

Hard pass.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Excellent makeup and sunscreen remover! Super gentle on my sensitive skin compared to others I've tried. I like the fact that it is cruelty free as well. Would highly recommend!