Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.4

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/11/2019 7:26:00 AM

An effective and trustworthy exfoliating toner. I love chemical exfoliation, it is the only thing that keeps my combination to oily and congested-prone skin healthy. This toner works really well. I do experience some mild stinging sometimes, so be careful if your skin is sensitive. The bottle is huuuge, I got kind of bored of it. It is unscented and has a mild vinegar-like scent because of the acid content. So I think I'll try something else for now, but you can not beat the effectiveness and price of this one.

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.

on 8/26/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This has been a godsend for me. I have sensitive, perimenopausal skin that has decided to make use of whatever is left of my hormones and make up for what I missed during puberty. We're talking papulous rosacea, open pores, burning irritation and an overall look of ill-health. I know that I have to treat my skin gently, yet it was becoming congested in weird constellations across my cheekbones and under my chin in particular. Of course the congestion led to painful underground cysts that never amounted to anything, but looked swollen and took weeks to bugger off. I started with a twice-weekly application of THE ORDINARY'S gory-looking AHA & BHA mask and found it to be very effective, but it left me wanting more. This toner added to my nightly ritual has sweetened the deal. My redness has diminished. I haven't had a cyst in weeks and my blackhead clusters have gone.

It is very hard to review this as a single product because I use it in conjunction with about 5 other Deciem skin products.

All I can say is in the two months I have been using Deciem skin products my skin is looking fabulous and the compliments have been flowing in. What is best, when I look in the mirror, I can tell my skin looks good!!

This is a very gentle toner, it doesn't sting, I use it after I cleanse my face and before I go through my Deciem routine.

In the last two months I have noticed that my skin looks brighter, cleaner, small wrinkles have faded away and deeper wrinkles are not so noticeable.

My skin looks gorgeous when I apply my foundation and as my skin is my canvas, for my foundation to look that good, the products must be doing something right.

I recommend this product to gently exfoliate and tone up all those pores and smooth out your skin.

The Ordinary is anything but in my house.

on 5/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, am using retina-a and have enjoyed the way my skin looks using this - refreshed, glossy, clear, more even toned. I get results very quickly. I use it once daily and if my skin complains am overdoing it, I miss it for a day or two and then continue.

on 5/8/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think this is an extremely effective product. It is more gentle than some acid products I've used, but it can really sting. I usually have tough skin, so when it gets to a point that a product is stinging, I'm sure there's something that doesn't agree with my chemical make-up. I use .1% Tretinoin and my skin tolerates it, so when this made it red, sting a bit, and even peel around my mouth, I was surprised. I think my Tretinoin, plus other Glycolic products, made my skin too sensitive for this toner. If you want a fast-acting Glycolic Toner, this is it. Just be careful not to use it with other exfoliants. I'm sure that's what caused my irritation.