Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.2

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/4/2019 4:13:00 PM

Oohh I'm in love with this! This is so good to control skin oilyness, it is so good to be in my skin while I wear this, I use it face and body. It also helps diminish blemishes and bumps on skin. If you use it on a pimple, the pimple will shrink the day after. Despite it's concentration it is very gentle, I have experienced no irritation whatsoever. Just remember wearing lots of sunscreen or/and a hat while on this. Packaging is also terrific, very pratical. It's just a shame it is a liquid, so I have to constantly buy cotton pads to use it, but I can live with that.

on 1/23/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I would have given this a 3/5 instead of a 4 but it's probably the best ordinary products I've used so far. It reduces my acne the next morning, and it prevents PIH. I bought this to help with my overall skin tone because of hyperpigmentation patches and sun damage but it targeted other problems I wasn't intending to address. It does a decent job at adding a glow but it takes a long time gradually fade my patches and old PIH. I'm giving it a 4 for preventing acne and preventing PIH. Plus the price point is great.

on 1/5/2019 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

THIS. JUST. WORKS. Better than Pixi Glow Tonic, too. I have been using this for a few months now and only at night. I use a different toner for day. This on a cotton pad means I wake with noticeably smoother skin the next morning. It also helps keep pimples at bay, minimizes pimples that have already come to a head too. I love how cheap this is, have already purchased a backup and I want to tell you that this lasts a long time. It also removes blackheads from my nose. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/29/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to try because I'm a college student and if you've been to college, you know that the academic rigour sucks all life and light from you and your skin. My skin was looking kinda dull and 3 months after using this daily (in conjunction with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid + The Ordinary's Cold Pressed 100% Marula oil)... I glow like the sun. Great stuff!!!

It does leave a little tingly sensation on my skin a couple of seconds after I apply it, but I've gotten used to it and the sensation fades quickly. Every night, I apply this using a cotton pad on my face and neck as the first step after my double cleanse. It helps to remove whatever dirt is left on my face and has definitely helped to even out my skin tone. It has also helped my skin look clearer and more radiant :) However, it hasn't helped very much with my blackheads on my nose, but given that this is an AHA, I don't really expect it to do very much for my grossly congested nose pores. Those suckers have been in there for too long and I'll have to use something stronger for them.

That said, this toner hasn't broken me out and I will be repurchasing this once I'm done! It's incredibly affordable and worth every cent, and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend who's looking for a gentle exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

on 9/14/2018 10:57:00 PM

Have finished a bottle already. Honestly, when I bought this I hoped that this would be my new fav. Toner instead of Pixi glow tonic (which is my holy grail and of course, more expensive) This toner seemed to be ok at first. I had no breakout, no irritation and no effect. Yes, no effect. My skin didnt glow like when I used Pixi nor help my acne problem. If you want to try glycolic toner I recommand you to buy Pixi instead. A little pricey but you will notice a change.(and pixi is less irritating since it comes with a lower conc.)

on 8/24/2018 4:47:00 PM

I got this as an alternative to pixi glow tonic. It's great: gently exfoliates and leaves my skin glowing. I picked up a basket full of stuff from the ordinary and my new routine has really calmed my acne down so I'll be sticking with it. Price can't be beat and I like the packaging. I don't use cotton rounds as I find them wasteful so I just pour a bit in my hand and put it on my face. Done.

Other stuff I got:
5% Retinol in squalene
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
AHA 30% + BHA 2%
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%

on 8/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to the world of acids, however, this product is great for a starter. I started using this when my skin started to get congested frequently. I helped to purge my skin, and after this phase, I noticed an overall effect. My skin looked for even toned, my pores shrunk and it also slowly removed a natural tan that I caught on my face. Be careful with this stuff, because if you use it at the wrong time, your face will be pimple city.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would be a cheaper dupe for the Pixi Glow Tonic (which I loved) since it's only about $7 for 8 oz but I should've known better--if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Ordinary toner is fine but I didn't really see the same results I saw with the Pixi one. With the Glow Tonic, I saw results immediately, and my skin looked clear, plumper, and my pores looked tighter. The Ordinary one was good for cell turnover but I felt like my skin wasn't glowing the same way in the morning. I only use it at night because it leaves my face way way too sticky to wear under makeup. (I feel like that sticky feeling takes a long time to dissipate too.) I like the package, it helps control how much I use each night, and one bottle lasted about 4-5 months with daily use. It does, however, have a very off-putting smell (almost sulfuric) so I'd pass if you're sensitive to them.

Bottom line, I'm going back to Glow Tonic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.