Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

3.7

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 12/29/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to try because I'm a college student and if you've been to college, you know that the academic rigour sucks all life and light from you and your skin. My skin was looking kinda dull and 3 months after using this daily (in conjunction with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid + The Ordinary's Cold Pressed 100% Marula oil)... I glow like the sun. Great stuff!!!

It does leave a little tingly sensation on my skin a couple of seconds after I apply it, but I've gotten used to it and the sensation fades quickly. Every night, I apply this using a cotton pad on my face and neck as the first step after my double cleanse. It helps to remove whatever dirt is left on my face and has definitely helped to even out my skin tone. It has also helped my skin look clearer and more radiant :) However, it hasn't helped very much with my blackheads on my nose, but given that this is an AHA, I don't really expect it to do very much for my grossly congested nose pores. Those suckers have been in there for too long and I'll have to use something stronger for them.

That said, this toner hasn't broken me out and I will be repurchasing this once I'm done! It's incredibly affordable and worth every cent, and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend who's looking for a gentle exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard alot of this product as the dupe of Pixi Glow Tonic. I personally never use Pixi Glow Tonic but I think this also can considered as Alpha H Liquid Gold dupe.

Alpha H Liquid Gold contain 5% Glycolic Acid with unclear ph level while The Ordinary Glycolic Acid contain 7% with ph level 3.6. I think this where we can see the effectiveness of the acid. Our skin has thin, protective layer on its surface, with ph around 5.5. This is why products with lower ph level works better since the product less irritant and won't damage our moisture barrier. And since The Ordinary Glycolic Acid have ph level 3.6,it works really effective on our slightly acidic skin.

The texture of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is runny like water consistency and have quite chemical scent. I feel like putting dry oil but this sinks into my skin really fast and don't leave greasy feeling or tacky finish, which I like. I always use cotton pads to apply this on my skin to exfoliate my skin and I can see dead skin on the cotton pad. Ew. I experienced quite strong tingling sensation when I used this for the first time but it will fades away for seconds. I use this after washing my face at PM and continue with serum.

After I religiously use this product for almost one month, my skin texture become better, if I have acne it will become smaller and I can see my acne scars fading. I also feels since I use this, I don't have scary breakout like I always had and my skintone brighter.

I highly recommend anyone who use this to never neglect applying sunscreen every single day since Glycolic Acid makes skin more sensitive to sun light. Overall, this product really wins me over other Glycolic Acid products I've ever tried and I will repurchase this once I done with my current bottle.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I heard that this was a dupe for Pixi's Glow Tonic and jumped at the chance to try it out as soon as it came back in stock. For the size, the price point was extremely attractive compared to the GT but unfortunately, I got no results from this. After 1 month of use, I saw no improvement in the tone and texture of my skin and I continued to break out. With GT, I saw results right away AND didn't break out so whoever is saying this a GT dupe (hello...did bloggers get this for free?!?), need to stop spreading false info! Sadly, this is going back for a full refund and I'm returning to my GT.