Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/11/2019 7:26:00 AM

An effective and trustworthy exfoliating toner. I love chemical exfoliation, it is the only thing that keeps my combination to oily and congested-prone skin healthy. This toner works really well. I do experience some mild stinging sometimes, so be careful if your skin is sensitive. The bottle is huuuge, I got kind of bored of it. It is unscented and has a mild vinegar-like scent because of the acid content. So I think I'll try something else for now, but you can not beat the effectiveness and price of this one.

on 12/29/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to try because I'm a college student and if you've been to college, you know that the academic rigour sucks all life and light from you and your skin. My skin was looking kinda dull and 3 months after using this daily (in conjunction with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid + The Ordinary's Cold Pressed 100% Marula oil)... I glow like the sun. Great stuff!!!

It does leave a little tingly sensation on my skin a couple of seconds after I apply it, but I've gotten used to it and the sensation fades quickly. Every night, I apply this using a cotton pad on my face and neck as the first step after my double cleanse. It helps to remove whatever dirt is left on my face and has definitely helped to even out my skin tone. It has also helped my skin look clearer and more radiant :) However, it hasn't helped very much with my blackheads on my nose, but given that this is an AHA, I don't really expect it to do very much for my grossly congested nose pores. Those suckers have been in there for too long and I'll have to use something stronger for them.

That said, this toner hasn't broken me out and I will be repurchasing this once I'm done! It's incredibly affordable and worth every cent, and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend who's looking for a gentle exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

on 11/13/2018 3:05:00 PM

I bought this to see how/if it compares to Pixi's Glow Tonic. While it has a higher conc. (this one is 7%, while Pixi is 5%) it's a good product. I've been using this once a day, using surgical gauze to apply (you waste less product, and the gauze also provides some mild backup exfoliation). It's been keeping my skin clear, glowy and flake free, and keeps my skin nicely, but GENTLY exfoliated so I get the most out of my other products. The bottle's also really quite unique, and clever, imo- the top "applicator" is like that of a glue bottle, so only doses out limited amounts of product, while preventing spills or accidentally overzealous product saturation. This product is also a great value, I paid under $8 CAD for 240 ml, which is an excellent price for an effective product (and a fraction of the price of the Pixi, which rings in at $40 for the same amount). I can only use this 1x per day, as opposed to the Pixi, due to the higher acid level, but it's not a big deal. All in all, a keeper, and I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this because it was a great alternative to my current Mario Badescu glycolic toner, which I was really enjoying but only had 2%. My skin loves acids so I thought increasing the strength would be great! So far though, my skin is just not liking this. I use acids quite often- the 5% AHA serum from the same brand, the 32% acid peel mask, HA serums, etc- but my face gets completely red and stings after using this toner. It’s also quite sticky and leaves my face feeling tacky, so I can’t use it in the morning. It also just smells! I will keep using until it’s finished to see if my skin can get used to it and reap the full benefits!

on 5/29/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is good for cell turnover "maintenance" rather than an intense chemical peel. I use it every other day and it's very nice. Price is unbeatable and the packaging is convenient. Don't forget sunscreen with this one :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is BOMB.
I have hormonal acne and usually flare up around that time of the month and my acne and resulting hyperpigmentation take a long time to heal up so by the time my next monthly cycle starts I have new ones and it's just pimple city all the time. This stuff (along with the Ordinary's salicylic acid 2% and niacinaminde and zinc treatments) has seriously helped my skin in just two weeks. My acne clears up WAY faster. I still break out (it's not a miracle and my acne IS hormonal) but I actually have a break in between my cycles and my acne isn't as viscous as it used to be. For reference I use this every night and use the niacinimide + zinc on top and in the mornings I use the salicylic acid treatment. I had good results while using the two treatments before, but now that I added in this toner my results are even better. My skin just loves it. This stuff is a lifesaver and it's dirt cheap. :) If your skin responds well to acids, you'll likely love this one. Just be sure to use sunscreen during the day when using any acids at night.

on 3/25/2018 5:06:00 PM

I didnt really see a difference with this product despite everyones raves :( not expensive, ill keep using it but not much of an impact on my skin personally.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This toner is super inexpensive and has worked great for me--it's 2% higher in concentration than the pixi glow tonic, and unlike that toner, this one doesn't contain all the extra perfumes and other additives that are unnecessary. This helps clear up my skin and lift up acne scars, so I like using it every day. Here's my youtube review comparing this and other popular glycolic acid toners:

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard alot of this product as the dupe of Pixi Glow Tonic. I personally never use Pixi Glow Tonic but I think this also can considered as Alpha H Liquid Gold dupe.

Alpha H Liquid Gold contain 5% Glycolic Acid with unclear ph level while The Ordinary Glycolic Acid contain 7% with ph level 3.6. I think this where we can see the effectiveness of the acid. Our skin has thin, protective layer on its surface, with ph around 5.5. This is why products with lower ph level works better since the product less irritant and won't damage our moisture barrier. And since The Ordinary Glycolic Acid have ph level 3.6,it works really effective on our slightly acidic skin.

The texture of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is runny like water consistency and have quite chemical scent. I feel like putting dry oil but this sinks into my skin really fast and don't leave greasy feeling or tacky finish, which I like. I always use cotton pads to apply this on my skin to exfoliate my skin and I can see dead skin on the cotton pad. Ew. I experienced quite strong tingling sensation when I used this for the first time but it will fades away for seconds. I use this after washing my face at PM and continue with serum.

After I religiously use this product for almost one month, my skin texture become better, if I have acne it will become smaller and I can see my acne scars fading. I also feels since I use this, I don't have scary breakout like I always had and my skintone brighter.

I highly recommend anyone who use this to never neglect applying sunscreen every single day since Glycolic Acid makes skin more sensitive to sun light. Overall, this product really wins me over other Glycolic Acid products I've ever tried and I will repurchase this once I done with my current bottle.