Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by hair type : Other
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.2

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 1/5/2019 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

THIS. JUST. WORKS. Better than Pixi Glow Tonic, too. I have been using this for a few months now and only at night. I use a different toner for day. This on a cotton pad means I wake with noticeably smoother skin the next morning. It also helps keep pimples at bay, minimizes pimples that have already come to a head too. I love how cheap this is, have already purchased a backup and I want to tell you that this lasts a long time. It also removes blackheads from my nose. I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the price tag and the amount of product you get in comparison to Pixie Glow Tonic and this one hands down is the winner. At first this did cause me to break out a little bit but then the break outs stopped and then my skin started to exhibit positive results. Clear and even skin....pores looked less pronounced and took care of the dry areas that were an eyesore. I haven't used acids in over year so the first time out the gate I did experience a major tingle...burning sensation with my skin. This is best used PM and maybe starting out every other day if your skin is new to acids. I use every night depending on what I'm using the in regards to serums and creams ( I avoid using skincare products with this that contain active ingredients). I definitely plan on keeping this in my skincare rotation.

I find this sticky and seems to irritate my skin. Yes there is a lot of product in this and for the price it is a great 'dupe' of the Pixi Glow Tonic but at a better pH so would actually exfoliate. My skin is used to glycolic but something in this still irritated my skin and did not leave it glowing or clear. It's weirdly foamy in the bottle and does have some type of scent though it is not overpowering. MY skin is combo-dry, and used to a glycolic peel at 30% every week or so. I have also been using Retin A Micro for years but stopped to use the peels recently and that is why i was looking for a glycolic toner to add in between the peels.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**This glycolic toner--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture
**Squalane Oil--very thin and runny, almost weightless, clogs up my skin almost instantly, doesn't really sink in for me. Again a texture issue. FWIW people have been told that this is derived from olives and then others have been told that it is from sugarcane. My usual oil is the Sibu Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil which i love but have been trying to find a cheaper oil that i can replace with.

So yeah. I think this is it. I am going to give up on the ordinary. Maybe the other lines like niod are an option for me and i guess that is their strategy, to start people off at TO pricepoint and then funnel them into NIOD for better textures and results.

It is very hard to review this as a single product because I use it in conjunction with about 5 other Deciem skin products.

All I can say is in the two months I have been using Deciem skin products my skin is looking fabulous and the compliments have been flowing in. What is best, when I look in the mirror, I can tell my skin looks good!!

This is a very gentle toner, it doesn't sting, I use it after I cleanse my face and before I go through my Deciem routine.

In the last two months I have noticed that my skin looks brighter, cleaner, small wrinkles have faded away and deeper wrinkles are not so noticeable.

My skin looks gorgeous when I apply my foundation and as my skin is my canvas, for my foundation to look that good, the products must be doing something right.

I recommend this product to gently exfoliate and tone up all those pores and smooth out your skin.

The Ordinary is anything but in my house.