Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.4

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 8/24/2018 4:47:00 PM

I got this as an alternative to pixi glow tonic. It's great: gently exfoliates and leaves my skin glowing. I picked up a basket full of stuff from the ordinary and my new routine has really calmed my acne down so I'll be sticking with it. Price can't be beat and I like the packaging. I don't use cotton rounds as I find them wasteful so I just pour a bit in my hand and put it on my face. Done.

Other stuff I got:
5% Retinol in squalene
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
AHA 30% + BHA 2%
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is BOMB.
I have hormonal acne and usually flare up around that time of the month and my acne and resulting hyperpigmentation take a long time to heal up so by the time my next monthly cycle starts I have new ones and it's just pimple city all the time. This stuff (along with the Ordinary's salicylic acid 2% and niacinaminde and zinc treatments) has seriously helped my skin in just two weeks. My acne clears up WAY faster. I still break out (it's not a miracle and my acne IS hormonal) but I actually have a break in between my cycles and my acne isn't as viscous as it used to be. For reference I use this every night and use the niacinimide + zinc on top and in the mornings I use the salicylic acid treatment. I had good results while using the two treatments before, but now that I added in this toner my results are even better. My skin just loves it. This stuff is a lifesaver and it's dirt cheap. :) If your skin responds well to acids, you'll likely love this one. Just be sure to use sunscreen during the day when using any acids at night.

on 3/25/2018 5:06:00 PM

I didnt really see a difference with this product despite everyones raves :( not expensive, ill keep using it but not much of an impact on my skin personally.

This is it right here. OMG. Dealing with cysts and not sure if it is KP on my chin, is horrible! My face is constantly weeping plugs or in painful cysts. This helps clear up my skin. It stings a little if I go over it 3 or 4 times with a cotton ball. I apply serums and moisturize with rosehip seed oil afterwards. Bam, the next day my skin is glowing! I love this stuff. It seems everyone else does too! It is sold out right now. As soon as it is in stock, I will stock up like 6 bottles so I never run out. It may be a little harsh for some but not for me. I can use it once a day at night. If it is too harsh just use every couple of days. Cheap and effective. Win win. Did I mention cheap???? Win!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This toner is super inexpensive and has worked great for me--it's 2% higher in concentration than the pixi glow tonic, and unlike that toner, this one doesn't contain all the extra perfumes and other additives that are unnecessary. This helps clear up my skin and lift up acne scars, so I like using it every day. Here's my youtube review comparing this and other popular glycolic acid toners:

on 1/25/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Summary:
Pros:
-has rare 7% AHA concentration
-contains glycerin to help retain moisture
- plumps up my skin
- smooths
- price is a bargain
- good packaging (squeeze spout)

Cons
- Despite smoothing, this doesn't seem to help with my tiny whiteheads or blackheads
- Apparently the company's got some messy ceo shizt going on at present so I'm not sure if this will be around long term?

Full review:
I was about to re-purchase Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing AHA Treatment but happened upon this brand, which had a much lower price point for an aha liquid. I also like the fact but it's only 7% AHA, as the Paula's Choice is 10% and too drying for me to use more than 1-2x a week. The price is $8.70 for 8.1 oz (aka 240 ml size), if purchased from the Deciem website. By comparison, Paula's Choice AHA liquid is $36 for 1 oz. (PCs liquid AHA is called "RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA" --they carry no AHA lower than 10%).

2/4/18 Applied this all over my face with a cotton pad at night. It's a clear fluid, no overpowering scent, and leaves a slightly sticky finish. No stinging or irritation on application. My skin didn't seem much different the next day but more use is needed.

2/9/18 After 5 day's use: I can really say now that I like this stuff. Love the light watery texture, and the price. My face started feeling like it was smoothing out by day 2, and had a slightly plumper feel by day 5. I never had any peeling or flaking, I've not decided if this is a negative since there were spots of my skin that were already clogged that I would have liked to have peeled a bit. Anyway, by day 6, I did start to notice some dryness. I hadn't been using any moisturizer on top of this so I will either do that or use this every other night. This has a winner so far.

May 2018
After Walgreens sunscreen wrecked my skin, I took a break from this for a while in favor of BHA to clear up the breakouts. Now that I'm using this again, I can say that this *definitely* makes my skin feel plumper and more hydrated than BHA. I'm trying this 4-5 days a week instead of every day to see if I can't avoid the dryness i started encountering by day 6.

7/25/18 Still love this. I find my skin looks so much plumper and healthier when I use it consistently. I still use it about 5 days a week at night. It does make me flake a bit otherwise. On off days I just moisturize with jojoba or a mild facial oil. And I gently do a manual exfoliation at least twice a week to keep and flakes and buildup at bay. One thing that I have to note (despite upping my rating to 5 stars) is that I still get small numbers of closed comedones and slightly enlarged pores despite using this. I try to counter it by using the Ordinary BHA in acne prone areas a couple times a week. This is a great value to boot, I'm still only halfway through the bottle.
Ingredients:
Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 12/1/2017 5:05:00 PM

Only at night, fabulously effective and only slightly uncomfortable. Next morning no signs of discomfort and skin is smooth and bright. Great synergy with the Azelaic Acid (finalised with a good moisturiser like La Nuit de Chanel)

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.