Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/11/2019 7:26:00 AM

An effective and trustworthy exfoliating toner. I love chemical exfoliation, it is the only thing that keeps my combination to oily and congested-prone skin healthy. This toner works really well. I do experience some mild stinging sometimes, so be careful if your skin is sensitive. The bottle is huuuge, I got kind of bored of it. It is unscented and has a mild vinegar-like scent because of the acid content. So I think I'll try something else for now, but you can not beat the effectiveness and price of this one.

on 2/4/2019 4:13:00 PM

Oohh I'm in love with this! This is so good to control skin oilyness, it is so good to be in my skin while I wear this, I use it face and body. It also helps diminish blemishes and bumps on skin. If you use it on a pimple, the pimple will shrink the day after. Despite it's concentration it is very gentle, I have experienced no irritation whatsoever. Just remember wearing lots of sunscreen or/and a hat while on this. Packaging is also terrific, very pratical. It's just a shame it is a liquid, so I have to constantly buy cotton pads to use it, but I can live with that.

i am pretty obsessed with this product. i feel like it makes my skin so young and dewey looking. it really does seem to slough off the top layers and expose a newer, healthier skin underneath. the price can't be beat and i am always amazed how this company manages to create all these amazing products so inexpensively.

on 1/5/2019 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

THIS. JUST. WORKS. Better than Pixi Glow Tonic, too. I have been using this for a few months now and only at night. I use a different toner for day. This on a cotton pad means I wake with noticeably smoother skin the next morning. It also helps keep pimples at bay, minimizes pimples that have already come to a head too. I love how cheap this is, have already purchased a backup and I want to tell you that this lasts a long time. It also removes blackheads from my nose. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/29/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to try because I'm a college student and if you've been to college, you know that the academic rigour sucks all life and light from you and your skin. My skin was looking kinda dull and 3 months after using this daily (in conjunction with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid + The Ordinary's Cold Pressed 100% Marula oil)... I glow like the sun. Great stuff!!!

It does leave a little tingly sensation on my skin a couple of seconds after I apply it, but I've gotten used to it and the sensation fades quickly. Every night, I apply this using a cotton pad on my face and neck as the first step after my double cleanse. It helps to remove whatever dirt is left on my face and has definitely helped to even out my skin tone. It has also helped my skin look clearer and more radiant :) However, it hasn't helped very much with my blackheads on my nose, but given that this is an AHA, I don't really expect it to do very much for my grossly congested nose pores. Those suckers have been in there for too long and I'll have to use something stronger for them.

That said, this toner hasn't broken me out and I will be repurchasing this once I'm done! It's incredibly affordable and worth every cent, and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend who's looking for a gentle exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

on 8/24/2018 4:47:00 PM

I got this as an alternative to pixi glow tonic. It's great: gently exfoliates and leaves my skin glowing. I picked up a basket full of stuff from the ordinary and my new routine has really calmed my acne down so I'll be sticking with it. Price can't be beat and I like the packaging. I don't use cotton rounds as I find them wasteful so I just pour a bit in my hand and put it on my face. Done.

Other stuff I got:
5% Retinol in squalene
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
AHA 30% + BHA 2%
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.

on 5/29/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is good for cell turnover "maintenance" rather than an intense chemical peel. I use it every other day and it's very nice. Price is unbeatable and the packaging is convenient. Don't forget sunscreen with this one :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is BOMB.
I have hormonal acne and usually flare up around that time of the month and my acne and resulting hyperpigmentation take a long time to heal up so by the time my next monthly cycle starts I have new ones and it's just pimple city all the time. This stuff (along with the Ordinary's salicylic acid 2% and niacinaminde and zinc treatments) has seriously helped my skin in just two weeks. My acne clears up WAY faster. I still break out (it's not a miracle and my acne IS hormonal) but I actually have a break in between my cycles and my acne isn't as viscous as it used to be. For reference I use this every night and use the niacinimide + zinc on top and in the mornings I use the salicylic acid treatment. I had good results while using the two treatments before, but now that I added in this toner my results are even better. My skin just loves it. This stuff is a lifesaver and it's dirt cheap. :) If your skin responds well to acids, you'll likely love this one. Just be sure to use sunscreen during the day when using any acids at night.