Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

This is so irritating that I can't use it on my face. It aggravated some redness that I was trying to tone down and burned. I don't think it is suitable for sensitive skin or anyone fighting inflammation.

I find this sticky and seems to irritate my skin. Yes there is a lot of product in this and for the price it is a great 'dupe' of the Pixi Glow Tonic but at a better pH so would actually exfoliate. My skin is used to glycolic but something in this still irritated my skin and did not leave it glowing or clear. It's weirdly foamy in the bottle and does have some type of scent though it is not overpowering. MY skin is combo-dry, and used to a glycolic peel at 30% every week or so. I have also been using Retin A Micro for years but stopped to use the peels recently and that is why i was looking for a glycolic toner to add in between the peels.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**This glycolic toner--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture
**Squalane Oil--very thin and runny, almost weightless, clogs up my skin almost instantly, doesn't really sink in for me. Again a texture issue. FWIW people have been told that this is derived from olives and then others have been told that it is from sugarcane. My usual oil is the Sibu Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil which i love but have been trying to find a cheaper oil that i can replace with.

So yeah. I think this is it. I am going to give up on the ordinary. Maybe the other lines like niod are an option for me and i guess that is their strategy, to start people off at TO pricepoint and then funnel them into NIOD for better textures and results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I heard that this was a dupe for Pixi's Glow Tonic and jumped at the chance to try it out as soon as it came back in stock. For the size, the price point was extremely attractive compared to the GT but unfortunately, I got no results from this. After 1 month of use, I saw no improvement in the tone and texture of my skin and I continued to break out. With GT, I saw results right away AND didn't break out so whoever is saying this a GT dupe (hello...did bloggers get this for free?!?), need to stop spreading false info! Sadly, this is going back for a full refund and I'm returning to my GT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super harsh. I have used P50 and Pixi Glow Tonic. This burns me the most. I don't even have sensitive skin.

on 9/14/2018 10:57:00 PM

Have finished a bottle already. Honestly, when I bought this I hoped that this would be my new fav. Toner instead of Pixi glow tonic (which is my holy grail and of course, more expensive) This toner seemed to be ok at first. I had no breakout, no irritation and no effect. Yes, no effect. My skin didnt glow like when I used Pixi nor help my acne problem. If you want to try glycolic toner I recommand you to buy Pixi instead. A little pricey but you will notice a change.(and pixi is less irritating since it comes with a lower conc.)

My skin was flaky because I am using Acne.Org's Benzoyl Peroxide to clear up my acne. Now, I am all healed but have hyperpigmentation and flaky skin. I bought this hoping that it will solve all my remaining problems. Unfortunately, it made my skin have some white pustules but not really pimples. It's like white little puss inside the skin but they are not bumpy. The only thing that I like is, it made my skin smooth.

on 8/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to the world of acids, however, this product is great for a starter. I started using this when my skin started to get congested frequently. I helped to purge my skin, and after this phase, I noticed an overall effect. My skin looked for even toned, my pores shrunk and it also slowly removed a natural tan that I caught on my face. Be careful with this stuff, because if you use it at the wrong time, your face will be pimple city.

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would be a cheaper dupe for the Pixi Glow Tonic (which I loved) since it's only about $7 for 8 oz but I should've known better--if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Ordinary toner is fine but I didn't really see the same results I saw with the Pixi one. With the Glow Tonic, I saw results immediately, and my skin looked clear, plumper, and my pores looked tighter. The Ordinary one was good for cell turnover but I felt like my skin wasn't glowing the same way in the morning. I only use it at night because it leaves my face way way too sticky to wear under makeup. (I feel like that sticky feeling takes a long time to dissipate too.) I like the package, it helps control how much I use each night, and one bottle lasted about 4-5 months with daily use. It does, however, have a very off-putting smell (almost sulfuric) so I'd pass if you're sensitive to them.

Bottom line, I'm going back to Glow Tonic.

on 3/25/2018 5:06:00 PM

I didnt really see a difference with this product despite everyones raves :( not expensive, ill keep using it but not much of an impact on my skin personally.