Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 8/26/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This has been a godsend for me. I have sensitive, perimenopausal skin that has decided to make use of whatever is left of my hormones and make up for what I missed during puberty. We're talking papulous rosacea, open pores, burning irritation and an overall look of ill-health. I know that I have to treat my skin gently, yet it was becoming congested in weird constellations across my cheekbones and under my chin in particular. Of course the congestion led to painful underground cysts that never amounted to anything, but looked swollen and took weeks to bugger off. I started with a twice-weekly application of THE ORDINARY'S gory-looking AHA & BHA mask and found it to be very effective, but it left me wanting more. This toner added to my nightly ritual has sweetened the deal. My redness has diminished. I haven't had a cyst in weeks and my blackhead clusters have gone.

on 5/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, am using retina-a and have enjoyed the way my skin looks using this - refreshed, glossy, clear, more even toned. I get results very quickly. I use it once daily and if my skin complains am overdoing it, I miss it for a day or two and then continue.

It is very hard to review this as a single product because I use it in conjunction with about 5 other Deciem skin products.

All I can say is in the two months I have been using Deciem skin products my skin is looking fabulous and the compliments have been flowing in. What is best, when I look in the mirror, I can tell my skin looks good!!

This is a very gentle toner, it doesn't sting, I use it after I cleanse my face and before I go through my Deciem routine.

In the last two months I have noticed that my skin looks brighter, cleaner, small wrinkles have faded away and deeper wrinkles are not so noticeable.

My skin looks gorgeous when I apply my foundation and as my skin is my canvas, for my foundation to look that good, the products must be doing something right.

I recommend this product to gently exfoliate and tone up all those pores and smooth out your skin.

The Ordinary is anything but in my house.

on 5/8/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think this is an extremely effective product. It is more gentle than some acid products I've used, but it can really sting. I usually have tough skin, so when it gets to a point that a product is stinging, I'm sure there's something that doesn't agree with my chemical make-up. I use .1% Tretinoin and my skin tolerates it, so when this made it red, sting a bit, and even peel around my mouth, I was surprised. I think my Tretinoin, plus other Glycolic products, made my skin too sensitive for this toner. If you want a fast-acting Glycolic Toner, this is it. Just be careful not to use it with other exfoliants. I'm sure that's what caused my irritation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard alot of this product as the dupe of Pixi Glow Tonic. I personally never use Pixi Glow Tonic but I think this also can considered as Alpha H Liquid Gold dupe.

Alpha H Liquid Gold contain 5% Glycolic Acid with unclear ph level while The Ordinary Glycolic Acid contain 7% with ph level 3.6. I think this where we can see the effectiveness of the acid. Our skin has thin, protective layer on its surface, with ph around 5.5. This is why products with lower ph level works better since the product less irritant and won't damage our moisture barrier. And since The Ordinary Glycolic Acid have ph level 3.6,it works really effective on our slightly acidic skin.

The texture of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is runny like water consistency and have quite chemical scent. I feel like putting dry oil but this sinks into my skin really fast and don't leave greasy feeling or tacky finish, which I like. I always use cotton pads to apply this on my skin to exfoliate my skin and I can see dead skin on the cotton pad. Ew. I experienced quite strong tingling sensation when I used this for the first time but it will fades away for seconds. I use this after washing my face at PM and continue with serum.

After I religiously use this product for almost one month, my skin texture become better, if I have acne it will become smaller and I can see my acne scars fading. I also feels since I use this, I don't have scary breakout like I always had and my skintone brighter.

I highly recommend anyone who use this to never neglect applying sunscreen every single day since Glycolic Acid makes skin more sensitive to sun light. Overall, this product really wins me over other Glycolic Acid products I've ever tried and I will repurchase this once I done with my current bottle.

on 12/2/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

ok...SO...my age is right out of the ball-park with what's listed here, so my review is based on someone in their late 50s with decent skin condition.
My skin condition declined somewhat after menopause and using cheaper skin-care products. Although I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin was quite red and blotchy with a couple of dry spots.
After returning from a lengthy overseas trip, I went to a medical/beauty therapy salon to get some advice. In a short space of time I was able to get my skin to looking hydrated, clear and firm by just using a cleanser, toner, mechanical peeling cream and daily moisturising (I will post my reviews on these products) as well as regular facials.
I must have been under a rock, because I have only recently discovered The Ordinary range. It is a product minefield and I've only added 3 products to my regular skincare regime.
My skin has just settled down and is only slightly pigmented on my cheeks I thought I'd try the Glycolic Acid 7% before going down the IPL route.
It's early days yet (3 weeks) and so far I am happy with how my skin is feeling.
Originally I applied GA7% to my arms, knees and shins as well as my decolletage. Applied once a week and left on my skin for 30 minutes. (Neutralising the acid only requires splashing with water) I pat my skin dry and then apply my body cream.
I have now used the GA7% on my face in the same manner and it has boosted my skin condition quite well. The application is included as part of a weekly evening facial routine. Two days later, I then use my jojoba exfoliating cream.
My moisturiser and body cream are being absorbed into my skin and I am using less product.
As far as the physical attributes of the product go, it does have that sticky feel to it which I use to my advantage. By initially wiping the product on and then using a patting motion as it goes sticky, it helps activate the circulation.
By leaving on for 30 minutes only, I've avoided any irritation and my skin is feeling smooth to the touch.
The GA7% is used in conjunction with TO "Buffet" and TO "Lactic Acid5% + HA" as well as my general skin care products.

on 11/13/2018 3:05:00 PM

I bought this to see how/if it compares to Pixi's Glow Tonic. While it has a higher conc. (this one is 7%, while Pixi is 5%) it's a good product. I've been using this once a day, using surgical gauze to apply (you waste less product, and the gauze also provides some mild backup exfoliation). It's been keeping my skin clear, glowy and flake free, and keeps my skin nicely, but GENTLY exfoliated so I get the most out of my other products. The bottle's also really quite unique, and clever, imo- the top "applicator" is like that of a glue bottle, so only doses out limited amounts of product, while preventing spills or accidentally overzealous product saturation. This product is also a great value, I paid under $8 CAD for 240 ml, which is an excellent price for an effective product (and a fraction of the price of the Pixi, which rings in at $40 for the same amount). I can only use this 1x per day, as opposed to the Pixi, due to the higher acid level, but it's not a big deal. All in all, a keeper, and I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the price tag and the amount of product you get in comparison to Pixie Glow Tonic and this one hands down is the winner. At first this did cause me to break out a little bit but then the break outs stopped and then my skin started to exhibit positive results. Clear and even skin....pores looked less pronounced and took care of the dry areas that were an eyesore. I haven't used acids in over year so the first time out the gate I did experience a major tingle...burning sensation with my skin. This is best used PM and maybe starting out every other day if your skin is new to acids. I use every night depending on what I'm using the in regards to serums and creams ( I avoid using skincare products with this that contain active ingredients). I definitely plan on keeping this in my skincare rotation.

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.