Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 5/8/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think this is an extremely effective product. It is more gentle than some acid products I've used, but it can really sting. I usually have tough skin, so when it gets to a point that a product is stinging, I'm sure there's something that doesn't agree with my chemical make-up. I use .1% Tretinoin and my skin tolerates it, so when this made it red, sting a bit, and even peel around my mouth, I was surprised. I think my Tretinoin, plus other Glycolic products, made my skin too sensitive for this toner. If you want a fast-acting Glycolic Toner, this is it. Just be careful not to use it with other exfoliants. I'm sure that's what caused my irritation.

on 5/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, am using retina-a and have enjoyed the way my skin looks using this - refreshed, glossy, clear, more even toned. I get results very quickly. I use it once daily and if my skin complains am overdoing it, I miss it for a day or two and then continue.

It is very hard to review this as a single product because I use it in conjunction with about 5 other Deciem skin products.

All I can say is in the two months I have been using Deciem skin products my skin is looking fabulous and the compliments have been flowing in. What is best, when I look in the mirror, I can tell my skin looks good!!

This is a very gentle toner, it doesn't sting, I use it after I cleanse my face and before I go through my Deciem routine.

In the last two months I have noticed that my skin looks brighter, cleaner, small wrinkles have faded away and deeper wrinkles are not so noticeable.

My skin looks gorgeous when I apply my foundation and as my skin is my canvas, for my foundation to look that good, the products must be doing something right.

I recommend this product to gently exfoliate and tone up all those pores and smooth out your skin.

The Ordinary is anything but in my house.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super harsh. I have used P50 and Pixi Glow Tonic. This burns me the most. I don't even have sensitive skin.

I really like this. It stings slightly on application sometimes but doesn't last and I have no redness. It helps keep my skin exfoliated and clear and doesn't break me out. The needle nose spout allows me to squirt a little in my hand and rub onto my face so I don't waste any. I use this along with TO 10% acid, alternating a few times per week.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I heard that this was a dupe for Pixi's Glow Tonic and jumped at the chance to try it out as soon as it came back in stock. For the size, the price point was extremely attractive compared to the GT but unfortunately, I got no results from this. After 1 month of use, I saw no improvement in the tone and texture of my skin and I continued to break out. With GT, I saw results right away AND didn't break out so whoever is saying this a GT dupe (hello...did bloggers get this for free?!?), need to stop spreading false info! Sadly, this is going back for a full refund and I'm returning to my GT.

on 8/26/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This has been a godsend for me. I have sensitive, perimenopausal skin that has decided to make use of whatever is left of my hormones and make up for what I missed during puberty. We're talking papulous rosacea, open pores, burning irritation and an overall look of ill-health. I know that I have to treat my skin gently, yet it was becoming congested in weird constellations across my cheekbones and under my chin in particular. Of course the congestion led to painful underground cysts that never amounted to anything, but looked swollen and took weeks to bugger off. I started with a twice-weekly application of THE ORDINARY'S gory-looking AHA & BHA mask and found it to be very effective, but it left me wanting more. This toner added to my nightly ritual has sweetened the deal. My redness has diminished. I haven't had a cyst in weeks and my blackhead clusters have gone.

I find this sticky and seems to irritate my skin. Yes there is a lot of product in this and for the price it is a great 'dupe' of the Pixi Glow Tonic but at a better pH so would actually exfoliate. My skin is used to glycolic but something in this still irritated my skin and did not leave it glowing or clear. It's weirdly foamy in the bottle and does have some type of scent though it is not overpowering. MY skin is combo-dry, and used to a glycolic peel at 30% every week or so. I have also been using Retin A Micro for years but stopped to use the peels recently and that is why i was looking for a glycolic toner to add in between the peels.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**This glycolic toner--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture
**Squalane Oil--very thin and runny, almost weightless, clogs up my skin almost instantly, doesn't really sink in for me. Again a texture issue. FWIW people have been told that this is derived from olives and then others have been told that it is from sugarcane. My usual oil is the Sibu Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil which i love but have been trying to find a cheaper oil that i can replace with.

So yeah. I think this is it. I am going to give up on the ordinary. Maybe the other lines like niod are an option for me and i guess that is their strategy, to start people off at TO pricepoint and then funnel them into NIOD for better textures and results.

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.

on 12/1/2017 5:05:00 PM

Only at night, fabulously effective and only slightly uncomfortable. Next morning no signs of discomfort and skin is smooth and bright. Great synergy with the Azelaic Acid (finalised with a good moisturiser like La Nuit de Chanel)