Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 12/2/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

ok...SO...my age is right out of the ball-park with what's listed here, so my review is based on someone in their late 50s with decent skin condition.
My skin condition declined somewhat after menopause and using cheaper skin-care products. Although I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin was quite red and blotchy with a couple of dry spots.
After returning from a lengthy overseas trip, I went to a medical/beauty therapy salon to get some advice. In a short space of time I was able to get my skin to looking hydrated, clear and firm by just using a cleanser, toner, mechanical peeling cream and daily moisturising (I will post my reviews on these products) as well as regular facials.
I must have been under a rock, because I have only recently discovered The Ordinary range. It is a product minefield and I've only added 3 products to my regular skincare regime.
My skin has just settled down and is only slightly pigmented on my cheeks I thought I'd try the Glycolic Acid 7% before going down the IPL route.
It's early days yet (3 weeks) and so far I am happy with how my skin is feeling.
Originally I applied GA7% to my arms, knees and shins as well as my decolletage. Applied once a week and left on my skin for 30 minutes. (Neutralising the acid only requires splashing with water) I pat my skin dry and then apply my body cream.
I have now used the GA7% on my face in the same manner and it has boosted my skin condition quite well. The application is included as part of a weekly evening facial routine. Two days later, I then use my jojoba exfoliating cream.
My moisturiser and body cream are being absorbed into my skin and I am using less product.
As far as the physical attributes of the product go, it does have that sticky feel to it which I use to my advantage. By initially wiping the product on and then using a patting motion as it goes sticky, it helps activate the circulation.
By leaving on for 30 minutes only, I've avoided any irritation and my skin is feeling smooth to the touch.
The GA7% is used in conjunction with TO "Buffet" and TO "Lactic Acid5% + HA" as well as my general skin care products.