Urban Decay The Finger Brush

No Image

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/25/2018 9:17:00 PM

I dont write reviews for brushes but this brush is the freaking best. Its so good at spot concealing and undereye concealing. I sometimes dont like using my hands and this really does do a great job at patting on products just like a finger. My ring finger is bigger than the brush so sometimes its annoying when i just want to be more precise. This brush is the best, ill def repurchase if i lose it!

on 1/12/2018 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This brush is a game changer for me. I have hormonal acne, I have always had a hard time covering it up with concealer. I've tried lots of different high coverage concealers, applied with a tiny brush, blended ever so carefully with a beauty blender or the brush. Doesn't matter, since the spots tend to be raised and bumpy, the concealer always kind of wears off the spot itself in no time and I end up with a bright red spot in a pool of concealer. I keep coming back to Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, which kinda-sorta works if I put a ton of time and effort into applying it, but I end up not bothering a lot of the time. Just a thin layer of discreet foundation (MAC Face & Body is a favourite, as is Studio Fix powder foundation) tends to even things out and make my skin look slightly smoother and less blotchy without really covering much, and that actually looks better than the botched attempts at concealing do.

This brush, though? It applies the Secret Camouflage on the spot, covers it and blends the concealer around the edges without rubbing it off the spot itself. I have a lot of brushes, including the Laura Mercier brush meant for the Secret Camouflage, and I can't get any of them to do that. I use my beauty blender for pretty much everything else, but it also blends concealer off of raised spots, just like everything else. Everything but this brush. And it's fast and easy, too, I don't even have to spend a ton of time being careful about it.

Love it, might actually start wearing concealer a lot more now, will use it a ton. Would definitely buy again, if I ever need to. The quality feels great, too. This is a brush worth investing in.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Let me start by saying that I own a lot of makeup brushes from all price points-ECO, Chanel, Artis, Real Techniques, It, Stila, Sephora, Kat Von D, Sigma, etc., but this brush is a standout. I had purchased some NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer and was having a devil of a time getting it to apply, blend and set properly under my eyes despite trying every application method known. I happened upon this brush while perusing Nordstrom's online beauty section and after waffling for a couple of weeks decided to purchase it while they had a 10% off sale in progress and am I glad I did. I never, in a million years, would have ever thought that a brush made from recycled plastic bottles could be this good. This brush is rather dense but not so dense that it impedes the workability, the brush bristles are the perfect shape and length for applying concealer and cream/powder shadows or contouring/highlighting products. This brush picks up product, lays it down, blends and diffuses beyond expectations. I've cleaned it several times with no shedding and used it with other products that I relegated as too difficult to perfect and it came through with flying colors. This brush material works with other cream based cosmetics, powders and liquids equally as well. I am so impressed that I've already ordered the large tapered foundation brush, a few other eye brushes and two additional finger brushes. Simply outstanding!

Popular Makeup Brushes