Muji Light Toning Water for Sensitive Skin - High Moisture

No Image

MUJI has opened recently where I live and at first I dismissed the skin care line because I haven't had much luck with Asian skin care. (fragranced and generally irritating to my sensitive, rosacea skin)
During a recent trip for storage containers for my bathroom, I took a closer look at their skin care offerings. I noticed their Sensitive Skin line and I liked that it's fragrance free. They have cute trial sizes so I purchased the cleansing oil, light toning water and moisture milk from the Sensitive Skin line to try. I figured if they don't work for my skin, I'm not out too much money.
Never say never indeed.
I'm very pleasantly surprised with the Light Toning Water (High Moisture) as it's lightweight but definitely moisturizing. I don't notice a residue and it absorbs well. My skin has become very sensitive since I hit perimenopause several years ago and this doesn't aggravate my rosacea at all. It has sodium hyaluronate (sodium salt of hyaluronic acid) which doesn't irritate my skin, unlike hyaluronic acid. There is no fragrance which is a big plus for me.
I'll be purchasing the full size once I've finished the trial size.
A definite staple in my skin care regime.

on 10/17/2017 11:18:00 AM

After testing this in stores, I finally got it and it is a great hydrating toner. It layers really well and adds noticeable hydration without feeling cloying. I copied the way they presented it in store and bought the specific spray nozzle for the bottle, and it´s great to spritz a couple of times of day and let air dry.

This is the most hydrating toner from the Sensitive Skin series. Muji makes less hydrating versions, Light and Moisture. I use this not as a toner but as a lightweight moisturiser for very hot days in summer and also to soak blank sheet masks to use as a daily 10 minute hydrating mask to combat flaky dry skin especially during winter before bedtime. The next morning, my foundation just glides on without caking or catching on flaky skin.
This is a versatile product and it's cheap to boot. It even has sodium hyaluronate in addition to glycerin. I normally only see sodium hyaluronate being included in products that's in the mid-priced to prestige segment of skincare products. Bonus points there. The only downside is the slight tackiness after applying which is to be expected of any highly moisturising product.
I buy it in the largest 400mL bottle which is a must if using to make DIY sheet masks. It's priced in the AUD$20s.