Maybelline New York Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes in Naked Coral

2.0

1 review

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually have luck in general with Maybelline lipsticks, but it seems the formula for this line, the "Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes," is not up to par with their previous formulas. This applied decently, and also while this looked decent enough after initially immediately applying, this slips outside my natural lip line easily and accents my lip lines, making my aging 46 lips look older than they are, and because this slips outside the natural lip line (within less than half an hour, and that is no talking or eating), this makes my mouth look like I ate a really messy taco or was kissing somebody like crazy; this just slipped all over the place not long after applying, and again, that was not eating, not drinking, and not talking...nothing! Not good look. This also oxidized to a different shade on me after about half an hour than when it was initially applied.

All in all, not impressed with this latest Maybelline lipstick line. Typical Maybelline scent. The packaging is decent. The tip of the lipstick does jut out a tiny bit, so you do have to be careful when this is new, to not bump the tip when putting the cap back on. I would possibly try another shade, but I have read other reviews for this particular line, that have not been favorable. Not drying, for a 'inta-matte'..yet transfers like crazy. What is 'inta-matte,' anyway..? This is not really matte, certainly does not behave like a matte lipstick in the slightest. Wears off in less than half an hour. Or should I say, slides off in less than an hour. The shade is pretty, if you can get this to behave. I suppose there are ways to get this to behave better, but that should not be required when rating a lipstick. When rating, I feel the product should be initially rated on it's own, and then talk about any changes or help that was done, if any 'help' was needed for the product.

(**I looked for a general review of the "Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes and could not find one, if there is a general spot for this line, please combine. I only saw a couple other different/specific shades of this line reviewed here on MUA.**)