Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer

Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer

4.1

on 11/15/2018 7:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This feels really nice on the skin, but it doesn't help with redness. It also makes my skin look rashy. After a few days of use, it broke me out BADLY. I'm returning it.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. This is one of the few moisturizers I've tried that did not cause burning upon application; however it did cause me to have minor breakouts. Nothing crazy, but I've tried using this like 5 times for a week each time and it never fails to cause congestion in my pores.

However I would still highly recommend trying this, even if you do have acne-prone skin. This moisturizer has an amazing formula and is very affordable. I really wish I could use it! It's fragrance-free and contains shea butter, niacinamide, ceramides, and caffeine. The texture is perfect, not too watery but not too rich so it can be used for most skin types.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an awesome basic moisturizer which I use at night. It comes in an airless pump which is amazing and mess free. It doesn't have a strong sent. It's not greasy, sinks in, but also is moisturizing. I love the drugstore price. I am a natural redhead with sensitive skin but not necessarily red skin so I can't testify about how it works on truly red skin. This is a great moisturizer for me because it calms my skin, moisturizes, and doesn't irritate or break me out. I've used pricier moisturizers because I couldn't find a good drugstore option. This is an amazing drugstore option. I even returned a back up of my higher end moisturizer so I could just use this. In the winter it's not quite enough moisture for me so I boost it by adding a couple drops of argan oil but this is perfect during the summer. Finally an HG drugstore night moisturizer.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I would recommend this to people with normal to dry skin that are experiencing redness prone skin. It is not a heavy lotion and contains glycerin, sunflower oil, shea butter and dimethicone. Also has the skin soothers of allantoin, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid vitamin B5, and niacinamide. It is fragrance free. Comes in a tube with a pump dispenser. The area of skin that I used this on is very dry and so I did not find this moisturizing enough for me. I switched to La Roche Posay Cicaplast which is a thick paste with 5 % vitamin B5. Overall, I think this is a good product for the right skin types.

The first time I bought this product I was experiencing a lot of winter dryness on my face mostly around my nose, eyes, and forehead. The moisturizer I was currently using was more for oily skin types so it gave me a lighter moisturization. So I started looking online for something that was very moisturizing but wouldn't cause my skin to breakout or get irritated, and after some searching online I found this one. I noticed it had a lot of great ingredients [Niacinamide, licorice extract (listed as 'dipotassium glycyrrhizate), shea butter, ceramides] and it's fragrance free.

During the winter months I tend to get dry patches around my nose, eyes, and forehead. So since my skin leans slightly toward the oily side I usually don't apply this all over my face, but what I'll do is I will first apply my light moisturizer all over my face then I'll take the Cetaphil moisturizer and use it as a "spot treatment" on my dry areas. I really like the pump-style dispenser which helps keep the ingredients in stable condition, and small amount of this moisturizer goes a long way. When I applied it to my skin it felt very moisturizing but not too heavy or greasy. I was so relieved that this moisturizer didn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout! I have since finished my first bottle of this product and have purchased another, I would definitely buy it again!

Pros: Not too heavy, Very moisturizing, Fragrance free, Good packaging, Good ingredients [Niacinamide, licorice extract (listed as 'dipotassium glycyrrhizate), shea butter, ceramides]

Cons: None that I noticed.

Please understand that my experience with this product may be different from yours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I would highly recommend this moisturizer! Sometimes my face can have some dry patches and some redness on my cheeks. I put this on at night, and the next day it's all gone! I absolutely love it!!!

on 5/3/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the BEST night-time moisturizer for my dry, sensitive aging skin. It is non-greasy, absorbs very quickly and is fragrance free. The price is also great for the amount you get. The packaging is a cute pump that is very travel friendly. I use this along with the Redness Relieving Daily Tinted Moisturizer w/SPF 20 and my skin has never looked better. To think I used to spend tons of money on Clinique and still had dry, irritated skin. I have found my two new best friends!