NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in London Clinic

1 review

on 5/3/2017 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I think NARS Charlotte Gainsbourg collection in one of the freshest this spring (and the best in general that I've seen in some time)--no highlighters, no brow products, nothing trendy--just good, solid, wearable color. London Clinic is a perfect example of this. It's described on the website as a "soft pink," and that's a pretty good description--it's a very pretty, flattering, cool-ish, medium pink that lights up my face. In my experience, NARS's matte pencils are not true mattes in that they're not powdery looking (but not glossy, either) and they transfer. These matte pencils have a bit of slip and are only slightly drying, apply smoothly and evenly, feel weightless on the lips, and have great staying power (more than 4 hours for me with eating and drinking). My lips don't feel dry after removing this pencil, and I love the component (despite its needing sharpening)--it's so easy to apply and get a crisp lipline without fussing with a brush or a lot of lip prep other than a bit of balm underneath. This is the best spring shade I've seen in a long time, and I'll be wearing it a lot. It's LE, but I would repurchase in a heartbeat. This is the best lip product I've bought in some time (along with NARS new Lip Tint in Ephelide) in shade, formula, wear, and comfort on the lips. Nice job, Francois!.

Popular Lips Products