L'Oreal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Pink Lipcolour

No Image

1 review

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a bit torn on these. When I saw L'Oreal had a matte sheer lipstick on the shelves, I had to jump on it. (These also seem to be called La Vie en Rose.) There are a handful available, depending on where you shop. (Googling it you'll find more than the standard half dozen you see in most U.S. drugstores and mass market retailers.) There are approximately six pink lipsticks, each associated with a particular actress/model/L'Oreal spokeswoman.

I've tried five out of the six I've spotted in stores. Three I like. The other two, not so much.

The formula is sheer but buildable. They offer a pretty blotted look to them, and I swear there is a hint of shimmer. Especially in the darker colors, there is almost a touch of blue iridescence. It's not easy to spot, but just so in certain lights.

For L'Oreal lipsticks, these really have no scent or taste, unlike some other offerings. While staying power isn't great, they feel comfortable, albeit not necessarily moisturizing. They're not drying, either.

As for the colors:

Eva's Pink is more a rose/pink/nude, perhaps a bit peachy, too. It's very MLBB on me. That's my favorite of the bunch. It wears the best, too.

Julianne's Pink is a baby pink which was too pale on me, and tended to settle in my lip lines. I pitched that one after trying it several times for a couple months.

Doutzen's Pink is a very cool medium pink. I returned that one because I want a bit more warmth in my pink lipsticks.

Jennifer's Pink is a pretty magenta/berry shade with a bit of warmth to it. It's beautiful but I notice it tends to migrate to the borders of my mouth. I still love the color, but it's not an apply-and-forget-it option.

Liya's Pink is described as a Grenadian pink. It's something of a warm fuchsia pink. It wears more reliably than Jennifer's.

There's also Blake's Pink, which seems more coral in the tube, but I have not tried that one. After trying two I didn't care for, and finding three I really liked, I made it a point to stop. (Sorry, Blake.)