71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

This works beautifully for my oily-combo skin. It's got a soft, mousse-cream texture that absorbs easily leaving a satin finish on skin. I had previously tried the Lancome Cc cream and that was a greasy mess. But the Philosophy Renewed Hope Skin Tint is perfect! It gives me a nice satin finish that lasts several hours before I need to blot my t-zone (usually I need to blot every 2 hours). I set it with Estee Lauder ReNutriv loose powder all over my face (blurs fine lines) and then pat on a little oil-absorbing pressed powder to my nose (since it gets the most oily through the day). I get a beautiful finish that lasts! Also .... just fyi, I apply this skin tint all over my face, including the eye area (I use Shiseido NutriPerfect eye Serum first), and it really makes my 47 year old eyes look good - it doesn't accentuate fine lines, doesn't cake or add texture. I just really am very happy with this! I use the Ivory color and it suits me nicely. I am NC15-20, Bare Minerals Fairly-Light, Covergirl Classic Ivory.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

10 months ago

I got this in 3.5 Sand. It's a neutral light-medium shade. This cream is very thick and not moisturizing at all. Actually, I found it very drying. And like the previous reviewer, a get deep painful 'mosquito bite like' pimples each time I use it. No, thanks!

About reviewer (640 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1.0

a year ago

Omg, this product caused my skin to go crazy! Every time I used this, I would get a deep underground pimple. You know the really painful and inflamed pimples that hurt even to smile? No thanks!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I normally love EL DW about decided to try this on my oily skin that never stays matte. I use a primer under by LG spackle and sprayed UD stay all night face spray over it.l, then powder with Sephora baked powder. It stays put all day in my humid hot climate and doesn't transfer much and when it does my face doesn't show patchy or anything. I love this. I wish they would put it in a tube or jar with pump. it's not sanitary.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

This gets 4 lippies as the only tinted moisturizer/bb that's ever worked for me. I love the gel-cream texture, and the Tan shade looks completely natural, and has no gray tones. This makes my skin "glow" in a good way, and it's not shiny or greasy at all. It lasts throughout the day, but can be reapplied/layered, if desired. If it had SPF 30+, I'd probably still give it 4 lippies. Even if I felt okay about wearing it without other sunscreen, it doesn't have any useful antioxidants (a little Vitamin E. Big Deal), so I'd still have to wear it over a serum or lotion. It would be fabulous to slather on one product and be done with it, but so far that product does not exist for me, and this is misleading in claiming that it does. If this didn't claim to be a hybrid "all-in-one" product, I'd give it 5 lippies based on its performance as a foundation/skin tint (which is what it really is). But it does not provide the SPF I need, or any particular skin care benefits, other than a little hydration. Still, I am very pleased with how this looks on my skin, and I enjoy the soothing, cooling sensation upon application. I will definitely repurchase this again, as s lightweight gel foundation with perfect coverage. Many reviewers have commented negatively on the jar packaging, and I absolutely agree with them. It sucks. Coty should package this in an air-tight pump jar, if it insists this must be in a jar. (Eve Pearl has a foundation in a pump jar and the pump, with a hole on top, dispenses the foundation nicely. Hint hint). My guess is this was put in the jar to evoke positive connections to classic Hope in a Jar moisturizer, which everybody and their grandmother used at one point in time. While I, like many others, adore the luxurious textures of creams in jars (lotions never feel luxurious to me), I always lose my spatulas, forcing me, in a pinch, to dunk in a finger. Or I dip a makeup brush into the cream, then remember I used the brush the previous day and didn’t wash it...and then I become paranoid that I’ve created a blob of festering bacterias. If I use the makeup every day and the jar empties quickly, it’s not too bothersome, but if I used the particular cream only on occasion I would be afraid of contamination. Preservatives generally last for the time it takes to use up the makeup with normal application, on a regular basis. I wouldn’t use half a jar and then save the rest till next summer. Eew. Philosophy has two other foundations. I’ve never tried either one, but I noticed they are both packaged in pump bottles. It highlights the wonderful texture and formula of Renewed Hope in a Jar that I puchased it without even sampling the others...in spite of the jar. I really LOVE the gel texture and the way this “becomes one” with my skin. It’s a beautiful makeup that needs a pump in the jar.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

2.0

2 years ago

This was nicely hydrating and the beige was a decent match (albeit sheer) for my NC 20 skintone, but this TM disappeared from my skin after just a few hours. Poof, gone. I tried with fingers, beauty blender and a brush. Tried different primers. Made no difference. My face just ate it up. I know it was supposed to be sheer but thought it was supposed to be visible. And the jar packaging was just awful. What a mess. I had it everywhere when I tried to remove the plastic shield from the jar. Could not put up with it. If I had kept it I would have had to transfer it to a pump and did not want to deal with it.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

2 years ago

This stuff is awesome for dry, aging skin!! It glides on nicely with just fingers, I didn't even use a primer and it didn't transfer off easily when I touched my face (like NARS TM did). It's moisturizing, it has great coverage, buildable, the color seems to work for a wide range of skin tones, I love it! The jar is kind of weird, but oh well. This is my new favorite! I hate wearing foundation and this just makes it easy to wear it.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

Love the feel of this on my skin after it settles down. smooth soft, not greasy. Not in love with the packaging, would prefer a tube or pump. like most philosophy products it seems overpriced for the packaging and quantity but I keep buying it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Love it! Absolutely love it! Sooo light and creamy, blends in easily with fingers or a dampened cosmetic wedge. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky, and gives me a smooth, glowy, natural look. Not a "made-up" look at all. It has surprisingly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer, is buildable, and blurs my pores and fine lines. I really don't need to use much (which is good b/c it is expensive!) If I also wear blush and mineral powder, they just glide over it and blend in beautifully.I don't need to set it with powder except in my T-zone, and I don't get much shine- through during the day. It lasts all day and makes my skin look and feel smooth and fresh. And, I love that it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, which saves me time in the AM. What more can I say?...My Holy Grail!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

2 years ago

I received a couple of samples of this from either Sephora or Ulta with my online orders and figured it would go in the trash like most foundation samples just because they're never the right color. This one was spot on, though, and is honestly what I had hoped Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue would be in terms of texture and coverage. The only thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. I've never liked jars for sanitary reasons, I also don't like exposing the product to air constantly. My solution was to transfer a bit of the product to a smaller jar, which isn't ideal, but it works. For a "skin tint" this actually has ~ medium coverage and leaves my normal-dry skin looking, well, like my skin but better! The texture is very light and airy, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything, and it evens out my skin enough that I could just use it and some lip balm on the "no makeup" days. For reference, I'm NW15-20, neutral and Beige 5.5 is a perfect match. My other favorite TM is Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer, but I have to mix shades, which I hate, but I love the finish so I do it. I'm not sure if the Philosophy Skin Tint will remain a favorite in the winter when my skin gets drier, but it's certainly held up all summer, I even ordered a couple extras when philosophy had a 30% flash sale.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool