L'Oreal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer

L'Oreal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer

AQUA/WATERSQUALANECYCLOHEXASILOXANEGLYCERINCETYL ALCOHOLGLYCERYL STEARATEPEG-40 STEARATEPARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OILMYRISTYL MYRISTATEPENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATEOCTYLDODECANOLSORBITAN TRISTEARATEBUTYLENE GLYCOLACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATECOPOLYMERPHENOXYETHANOLSYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITECI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDEISOHEXADECANECAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACIDACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE/VINYLIDENE CHLORIDE COPOLYMERMANNITOLMETHYLPARABENASCORBYL GLUCOSIDEPARFUM/FRAGRANCECHLORPHENESINSTEARYL ALCOHOLMYRISTYL ALCOHOLMICAPOLYSORBATE 80PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACTDISODIUM EDTACI 77163/BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDECI 77491/IRON OXIDESHYDROLYZED CICER SEED EXTRACTSORBITAN OLEATEISOBUTANESODIUM HYDROXIDEIRIS FLORENTINA ROOT EXTRACTVIGNA ACONITIFOLIA SEED EXTRACTCYCLODEXTRINSODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATEFAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACTHEXYL CINNAMALTIN OXIDEBENZYL ALCOHOLHYDROXYCITRONELLALBENZYL SALICYLATELINALOOLCITRONELLOLLIMONENEGERANIOLALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONEDISODIUM SUCCINATEF.I.L.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really love this product. I see a bit of improvement each time I use it.It is designed for MATURE skin. So the long, boring review written by the younger woman really isn't very relevant.

Gives me a nice "glow" and doesn't feel heavy. Has been great all this cold, snowy winter.

on 1/9/2018 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

L'Oreal, can we talk? In the year 2018, Paraffinum/Mineral oil is one of your top ingredients? Really? Are we still in the uninformed 1970s? Can we now come to a collective conclusion that mineral oil just...isn't the best for us, at all? Coconut oil is a better moisturizing component, and we all know this, because many brands have long since opted out of putting mineral oil in their products and replaced it with coconut oil, as it provides nutrients and doesn't block the skin. We're well informed now, so we don't fall for these marketing ploys as easily and your 'LHA and Imperial Peony!' nonsense you're spouting for this product. Squalane, the second ingredient, is known for being an antioxidant and emollient. However, when combibed with an ingredient (liberal oil) that wont let toxins leave the body, I just really dont see the point of squalabe beibg present in this formula, unless the chemical compound makes it work and balance out to where it DOES help tge skin as an antioxidant.

So, phew, this is going to be a long one. I'm a skincare/makeup blogger (though I'm NOT an expert), so I have just a bit of knowledge of what skin needs and doesn't need, and would just like to put in my 2 cents to just try to inform. Ok, getting off my soapbox: First off, I got a sample of this Cell Renewal Rosy Tone cr*p from Ulta (L'Oreal was the only brand of skincare samples they were sending out for online orders, which was disappointing, and I didn't know at the time, and I've long since stopped purchasing from L'Oreal and other non-cruelty-free brands) and after testing it out for a couple days this week (again, knowing I won't purchase it, as L'Oreal does not yet have a cruelty-free stance), I have to say that although this cream glides across the skin effortlessly (with the help of none other than good ol' antiquated mineral oil, the cheapest, crappiest moisturizing ingredient a company could possibly use, which no self-respecting cosmetic company should have listed as a top ingredient in ANY of their skincare or body products in the year 2018), this moisturizer is marketed towards mature, dull skin. Keep that in mind!

Now, I'm 26, with somewhat smooth skin with minimal acne scarring and larger pores in the area bridging my nose and cheeks, and although my skin can be chronically dry in the winter months, I know how to keep my skin hydrated and healthy, and use products that balance my cells and oil production and not thwart them or suffocate them completely. The use of Mineral oil, over time, actually HINDERS cell renewal, and if used in a higher concentration in products. It doesn't let your skin BREATHE. Mineral oil actually traps and clogs your skin and just blocks the toxins inside that our bodies take in everyday that, naturally, NEED to be released through our pores, so it prevents your facial skin (or wherever you put it) from detoxing. So, Although it appears to moisturize it on the surface, it does more harm than good. And, this L'Oreal cream has this mineral oil listed as the 8th ingredient, on the very first line, and there are probably 55-60 ingredients total in this. Recipe for nopeville!

What's more, The 'rosy tones' that L'Oreal is claiming this moisturizing cream to have, blend out to show up as straight up GLITTER on my face. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I've noticed it BOTH times I've worn it. And I applied this moisturizer DIRECTLY after I washed my face with my TonyMoly cleanser, applied and cleansed further with my toner, and THEN applied this L'Oreal cream. So I know it's not makeup residue. The sparkle in this cream accentuated my pores and made those areas look HORRIBLE. And this stuff is catered to mature skin? Uh, no, I find that extremely hard to believe, unless you have perfectly smooth mature skin, sans lines or wrinkles (goodness forbid you have a couple of pores showing and a dark spot here or there) and you don't like glitter in your skincare products, then stay faaaarrrr away from this stuff. Just...stay far away from this stuff PERIOD, no matter what your age, if you really want to treat your skin right.

After 2 uses, I will go ahead and throw the rest of my sample out, because I haven't used a product with such a high concentration of mineral oil in quite a while, so don't know how my skin will react, and I don't want to put my skin through that, just for the sake of review. I just know the harmful effects of it, and I'm just smarter than that. Oh! Also, The scent is kind of a chemical floral, and it has this underlying pungent odor that is a bit akin to ammonia? Just...not a fan. There are so many other better options out there.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this quite recently in an Amazon gift package, and although I’m not a fan of L’Oréal moisturizers, I was immediately intrigued by the whole ‘rosy tone’ factor. I liked it enough to order the full size jar which I’ve been wearing daily for the past week or so. It’s quite a rich moisturizer which I prefer in the cold winter months, and since I dislike wearing foundation during the day, I like to wear this as the subtle rosy tint really does breathe some life into my sallow winter complexion and gives me a healthy, fresh glow. It does have quite a strong scent, which ordinarily would put me off, but it’s a pleasant scent, so I don’t mind too much. I’ll continue to use this over winter, but I don’t see me wearing it in the warmer months.

on 10/2/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Beautiful cream, softens lines and gives a hint of pink. No need for a lot of foundation or blush. I tie my hair back, put this on, and start painting my pictures in my studio.
The colour in the jar is very pink, this doesn't translate to the face. I purchased two, one for the cottage, one for home.

on 5/1/2017 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

In a way, this product doesn't make sense: it has no SPF, so you wouldn't want to wear it alone. And it's maybe too pinky to be an all-over moisturizer. But...I love it. I love the scent (which I assume many others won't), I love the way it goes on, I love the way it puts just a hint of color in my cheeks. I use my regular moisturizer (SPF30) first, and after that's been on a while, just use the Rosy Tone Moisturizer on places the sun would hit. And since I've been using it, I've gotten lots of compliments on how good I look -- not bad for a 72-year-old!