BeneFit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara-BROWN

BeneFit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara-BROWN

3.0

on 12/26/2017 6:37:00 PM

First time buying a $31 mascara. Sigh. Not for me.
First application was kind of wet. The good news: It curled my short lashes up and the colour was a good medium brown.
Subsequent applications were dry, clumpy and chunked up my lashes without lengthening. The brush is rubber with not too many bristles. It caught all my lashes but after the first application, more than one coat looks quite dull, bulky and chalky.

Pros:
The packaging is large and contains a lot of product
Brown is a true brown not black brown
Curls

Cons: Dry, clumpy, dull

Save your money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not sure why finding a brown mascara is a challenge in the year 2017, let alone a good one. I think I have tried almost all of the brown mascaras out there. Some with meh results, but none really wowed me or made me go ''I want to buy that again!!''--But then along came Benefit's Roller Lash in the brown shade. I actually picked this up about a year ago, so it's been around for a while now. But it is a great brown mascara.

I love this for 'no makeup makeup days' or any day I want a more natural look. I find myself reaching for this almost every day for daytime looks. And this is from a die-hard black mascara user. I just love how this looks. Adds color to my blonde lashes yet not 'look! I have mascara on!!' but a subtle nice color, accenting my eye color. And this does lift my eyelashes a bit and they stay lifted, moreso than when I use a traditional eyelash curler and other mascaras. Does not clump, I get no transfer and no smudging, no smearing, and no flaking. No sensitivity, and the brush does not 'hurt' my eyelashes like some newer mascara wands. I also do not detect any scent, which, I am not a fan of scented mascaras (that did not factor into my rating, but I wanted to mention it, as some may also prefer mascaras with no scent). I will say, this is not a terribly long-lasting mascara for me, it does fade a bit, but even after about 10 hours or so, I can still see some mascara on my lashes, and no flaking or smudging or anything, even after all-day wear and even in the humidity that we have year-round. The black shade of the Roller Lash is also quite nice, but for some reason, the brown shade seems to behave better for me. And, I am thrilled to finally have a brown mascara that is a nice true shade of brown, and behaves nicely.