LORAC Eyeshadow in Pewter

LORAC Eyeshadow in Pewter

4.8

Great crease color! Nice color payoff and lasting power. The packaging is kind of cheap though.

on 9/26/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The softest, creamiest shadow! Lorac impresses me over and over again with their shadows. This pewter color (purchased on a VIP sale on their website) is a cool gray purple taupe. It looks fabulous in the crease with a soft pink/champagne on the lid. It looks amazing smudged out from the lash line, too.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/12/2012 6:48:00 AM

This is my first purchase of a LORAC eyeshadow. I purchased the 'PEWTER' shade. First of all, I am very impressed with the quality and texture of this shadow. It is very smooth with a somewhat creamy feel to it. It applies very smoothly with rich pigment, so I don't have to apply much at all to reach the depth of colour I want. Because very little is required to obtain colour intensity, this shadow will last a long time. The colour tends to show on my skin as a beautiful, soft plum - grey shade....a good shade for daytime or evening. Simply put, it's gorgeous and looks quite elegant on mature eyes because although it has a beautiful, soft shimmer to it, it does not emphasize the fine lines and crepey texture on my eyelids. I plan to add more LORAC shadows to my collection.

on 10/16/2011 11:20:00 AM

I love almost all Lorac eyeshadows (not really those new duochromes ones....) this is a nice basic color, looks good alone or combined with another color.

on 8/4/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There's really nothing to not like about this product. It really all depends on your skin tone and if you picked the right one or not. generally, this shadow applies on very smoothly and it's pigmented.

on 11/13/2010 8:51:00 PM

I stumbled upon this shade after reading on Sephora's FAQ on their Beauty Central section that LORAC's Pewter eye shadow is perfect for an easy smoky eye. Like many MUAers, I covet the smoky eye so I had to try this (because, unlike many MUAers, the smoky eye is elusive to me due to my rudimentary makeup skills). Well, the verdict is in and Carol Shaw is right: this is a wonderful shade for a low-maintenance smoky eye.

The color really accentuates my green eyes, so you end up looking at my eyes more than the makeup - which should kinda be the point with makeup, although we tend to forget that! The color of the eye shadow isn't really pewter, in my opinion. It's more of a metallic shade of a purpley-taupe.

For a smoky eye, here's how I apply it: I use a "tap brush" (number 25 from Sephora's Professionnel line) and repeatedly tap it onto the shadow (I keep tapping until I think, "that's too much shadow" which is actually the right amount) then I lightly blow away any clumps of powder; next, I tap the brush onto my eye lids. I do this about three times in order to get a dark enough color. Then, I use the tap brush to extend the color past my lids onto the crease area. Finally, I wet an angled eye liner brush with water (squeezing out any excess) and dip it in the powder. Then, I use it to line my bottom lashes.

I've been trying to integrate this shade onto my crease area for a more daytime look (I'm trying to pair it with Too Faced's Silk Teddy on the brow bone area and Push Up on the lids - both from the Natural Eye Kit). However, I've been having trouble getting the right color saturation and shading with Pewter. My guess is that the fault lies with me rather than the shadow, so I'm hoping that additional specialty brushes will solve the problem.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

What is there not to love about this metallic greyish brown color or metallic brownish greyish silver metal color? Did I just repeat myself? Well, there really is no other way I can describe the color other than that it is a mixture of grey, brown, metal with a hint of silver.

Normally, I stay away from pewter because my skintone is a bit too cool for it sometimes, but this shade is perfect. It also looks really good on my very warm-toned friend, so I assume this color could work for both the warm and cool gals/guys.

I recommend this product. It does not clump, it spreads really evenly and lasts all day. This eyeshadow works really well for smoky eyes on night out on the town, or in place of my eyeshadow when I dip my brush in water.

Versatile, brilliant and perfect. Get it!

on 9/23/2009 10:42:00 PM

Hands down - one of the best shadows out there. This is one of my HG eyeshadows that I will always have with me. This has an extremely buttery and smooth consistency, but that's not what 'wows' me most since I can find that in other brands like Stila, Benefit, and Urban Decay. What got me really excited was the color itself. This shade is so beautiful, unique, and complex - I see a violet undertone to it... or is it a violet sheen? I also see *some* brown in it, but it doesn't overtake the shade itself. When I think of pewter I'd think of a gray, and I suppose there is a *tad* bit of gray - but don't mistake this honey's! This is NOT your average pewter-gray color! I'd say it's 40%violet-ish, 10% silver, 25% brown, 25% gray. Honestly, you'd just have to purchase this for yourself. This is my HG brown-ish shadow (like I said, the brown doesn't overtake the color, but I can *not* wear browns and this is the closest I will get to it!) and my HG gray/pewter color would be Benefit's Where There's Smoke.

on 8/28/2009 1:06:00 PM

My HG shadow. Perfect blending, building, and the color is very versatile: with brown liner it is neutral, with violet to purple, complements as well (I think it's less of a taupe and more of a grey with faint purple undertone). Not too shimmery - just enough to brighten your eyes. Really gorgeous, great product. Looks small in terms of packaging but mine has lasted over a year with daily use - I think I have another 4-6 months left.

I absolutely love this shade! It is great in creating a smokey eye without being too dark and is also great in the day if applied lightly. Stays in place, doesn't crease, and lasts for hours! A must-have in my makeup bag!