Ben Nye Luxury powder- olive sand

No Image

1 review

on 4/27/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: a SA matched me to another shade Dolce which is a better match for me than Olive Sand. Dolce is less orange and a bit lighter. I can approximate Dolce by mixing Olive Sand and Banana which is what I do right now (because I have two large containers). Olive Sand is me with a tan.

-------

I am Asian, combination olive skin, NC 30-35. I use banana as a transluscent setting or finishing powder, the SA said it's technically a highlighting or brightening powder on me. Olive sand is the shade that is closest to my match. (Currently beige suede is a bit light and cool) Since I started with banana, I now have both bottles plus a sample of Topaz (which I use in a more limited fashion)

Before I bought olive sand, I sometimes mixed banana with ulta matte bronzer in warm which was cooler in tone than olive sand. When I once ran out of banana, I bought rimmel stay matte in sandstorm which is cooler than Banana but functionally better than average and a great price.

I apply with a big elf kabuki brush. I shake a very small amount into the cap and then press the bristles into it. When I shake off the brush, there is Very little excess product wasted. The amount of powder doesn't cover all bristles. I am too impatient to bake powder, so I merely blend or burnish the brush over my face. The coated bristles get the product on, the naked bristles buff the product out. I have combo skin and am prone to hives and milia. This does not irritate. If you cannot abide talc, mica or corn starch, I suggest you do not buy this.

Note: if you want to dispense less product, I suggest keeping the majority of the stuck protective film on the shaker holes. I only tear off a corner which basically uncovered three holes.