Revlon YOUTH FX™ FILL + BLUR PRIMER FOR FACE/NECK

Revlon YOUTH FX™ FILL + BLUR PRIMER FOR FACE/NECK

3.4

on 11/23/2017 2:46:00 PM

It's the cusp of winter, and my face is starting to get a little drier, so I'm upping my moisturizing products game. I picked up the Revlon YOuth FX Primer this week and thought that it would do well after my gel moisturizer and BB cream. Alas, I added a small amount to the area over my eye lids and under my eyes, a little on my crows feet, and another small dab on my nose, and they started to burn. I'm not sure entirely what's in the product to make it burn, but it was not pleasant.

I quickly removed the product and put it away for a couple of days. Tried it again, only this time the product went on without any other products to see if it was a reaction. Nope, still burned like a mofo. Gritted my teeth through it and added some blush over it on my cheeks and a light sweep of eyeshadow over top and some translucent powder. Took about 5 minutes before the burning stopped. But it was not pleasant. I've thrown the bottle out and will not be buying another.

Do not recommend.

TL;DR: Causes burning sensation wherever applied.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking to try a new primer, I'd tried Revlon's PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, and liked it.
Base on reviews, this sounded like a new and improved version of that.
I have a very oily T-zone and use primer not as a base for foundation, but to mattify and blur pores and fine lines.
Sadly, this did none of these things. It's quite liquid-y and it applies much more like a lotion than a primer.
It's effect was also more like that of a lotion, there was no matte finish at all. My skin look as if I'd just slathered it with a moisturizer- left a kind of wet, dewy finish. Definitely not what I want in a primer.
Returned it the next day, and picked up NYX's Angel Veil in it's place.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: Despite melissarippy disagreeing with my review, the reviews I thought were fake have now been mysteriously deleted. I still believe they were false reviews, and it is a shame when consumers are mislead by false ratings on products. As she helpfully pointed out, I am not an authority on fake reviews. What I am, though, is an average consumer who relies on reviews from folks like you and me--who have actually used the product--to help guide how I spend my money. I review products in an honest manner on this site as well as others, and I think it is appropriate to warn others of potentially fake reviews and will continue to do so.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I think the first four reviews of this product are sketchy. First, they all happened on the same day within the same hour. Second, if you look at other products they've reviewed, they're almost exclusively Revlon. Seems highly unlikely, so take it with a grain of salt. Does Revlon really need fake reviews to help sales? Ugh.

As for me, I received this as a platinum member gift from Ulta. I think it's a decent primer. I am over 40 and have a line on my forehead and lines between my eyebrows in the glabella region, known as "elevens". I have a couple of fine lines in my eye area, but I'm mostly concerned about my forehead and the elevens. After reading about Fill & Blur, I was hopeful that the product would smooth the lines a little and make them less apparent, but that didn't happen. It also didn't blur my hyperpigmentation. It did help my makeup go on smoothly, but all primers do that. No product gets rid of lines, but this product is marketed specifically to people like me for camouflaging these imperfections. It falls short of doing that, but still works nicely as a regular primer.

on 10/10/2017 10:27:00 PM

I am 57 with fine lines and crow feet and some shallow grooved forehead wrinkles. Mild rosacea. Loss of elasticity with shallow marionette lines. Use a serum Philosophy Hope is Not enough, then It Confidence in a cream moisturizer and then 5 min later put this one with the silicone applicator over larger pores, marionette lines, sides of face for shallow jowl lines and under eye and crows feet and forehead lines. Just a tiny amount for each area with less than 2 pumps. The applicator is good tool for this product. Allows for very precise application. Then follow with IT CC cream and get a very smooth application for CC cream without pilling. Finish with Badescu Rose water spray and all looks very good through 10 hours if I don't blow my nose several times and wipe my makeup off. I am impressed at the line minimizing and how well it works with my other products. Very smoothing for large pores and wrinkles. It performs the task it is supposed to. I bought it at Target for $16.99. Don't know how long it will last with daily application so don't know how cost effective it will be but I have paid for $50 primers that did not work as well for pore filling or wrinkle filling. Try this and return it if you don't like it. May try the same foundation line for Revlon FX since it has good You Tube reviews. No detectable scent and no worsening of rosacea with 3 days of daily use. No pore clogging either

on 6/14/2017 12:08:00 PM

I have all 4 products from the Youth FX collection. I'm over 60, and basically stopped using makeup because it made me look older.
Until I tried this system.
It worked great. Didn't take away the lines and wrinkles but definitely blurred thrm.
I swear it took 10 years off my face! I love it.

OK I'm not big on reviews, but I was really aggravated by the first review, and how she specifically targeted other reviews, basically stating that only hers was truthful. First, just because a person only reviews one brand, does not mean the reviews are fake. Yes, there are companies that do hire people to write reviews, but I highly doubt you are the all knowing authority on which ones are true and which ones are not. It could mean the person is loyal to that brand. Second, the only meaningful and honest thing about that review, is where she said no product gets rid of wrinkles. That is definitely correct, but this product is not advertised to get rid of wrinkles, but simply to blur them, which it actually does. I have a very prominent brow line, I've had it since I was very young. I believe I developed it from frowning at ridiculous comments, said by idiotic people. With that said, this product did in fact blur that line. While it is still slightly visible, it is just that, only slightly visible. I'm actually impressed. I bought a similar product, except far more expensive, and while that product also blurred my forehead lines, it left a white residue behind and would flake off. That product was 95 dollars for a 2 oz tube. This product is 19.99, leaves no residue, blurs lines, and leaves skin smooth for makeup application. I would definitely buy this product again. I really didn't expect it to do what it said. Most of the products that claim this, do not. Much to my surprise, this one did. It did not completely get rid of my lines, but it definitely blurred them, and made them far less visible.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

5 out of 5
The primer itself works super well, it really gives me a smooth surface to start with! It doesn't have any strong smells and it isn't messy or anything. love the product

on 4/26/2017 2:54:00 PM

This product really delivers! The applicator helps blend everything out evenly and it leaves the skin looking smooth and feeling smooth and comfortable. Also with fair skin, shades can be iffy but this shade is great.