NARS Torrid

NARS Torrid
TorridTorridTorridNARS Torrid

4.5

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75740 (Carmine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 45370 (Orange 5), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have medium warm skin tone and I prefer Orgasm to Torrid. I find this blush to be less pigmented and difficult to work with. The color is nice but I have to work hard to make it show.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A Sephora artist introduced me to this blush and it's gorgeous! I Have olive skin and I look best in bronze or coral blushes and this is perfect!! It especially looks amazing with a bronze beach look on eyes or face.
It is a perfect peach pink color and if you are olive like me you need this blish! I have many nars blushes and love them all. The price is expensive though.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Got my husband to buy this for me during his business trip to the US.

The color looks very scary on pan as it looks really reddish and dark. This color's payoff is definitely better than deep throat's.

One swipe of this if applied lightly can give you a natural rosy flush, hence, a light hand is definitely recommended. It shows up quite nicely on my nc25 skin tone.

Staying power is reasonable, I have oily skin and by midday, after blotting the blush is still obvious but upon touch up, the effect is not as apparent.

I didn't like the silicon plastic casing as I've had very bad experiences with things of similar composite.. They all wear down to a sticky mess. I wouldn't repurchase this because of the casing as well as the price

on 8/18/2015 11:54:00 AM

As a pale girl NARS Monte Blanc, YSL BR20, NW20, blonde hair, green eyes very cool undertones, for reference. I really like this blush! I love the colour it's like a light coral with pink and the gold shimmer in it is so pretty! Not glittery at all. I'm another pale girl who loves this blusher. I apply this with my Yaychio and find it looks so pretty but a light hand is key for me. NARS blushes are really pigmented which is great because the blushers last forever but because of that too much can look terrible on if I'm not careful.

For me a as a person with cool undertones I like this blush because it warms my complexion up. I also like to use a beige- ey light gold highlighter. I use Laura Merciers Matte Radience baked H/L in 01 or Mary Lou but something in that realm goes great with Torrid. The pigmentation and longevity is really good as well. I do use setting powder and spray but with this I usually never need a touch up and I get very oily. So the fact that it lasts is really good!

I usually do a natural/neutral eye with this because I want the blush to stand on its own. For me this works great on my pale complexion by warming it up. It most definitely gives me some life! The gold "sparkle" doesn't translate as sparkles on my skin. Instead it just gives it a nice glow. I really love this blush it's one of my favorites to use because the colour works well on my skin. For me when I use it I just touch my brush to the product and get plenty of colour and it comes out natural and luminous. Definitely Recommended!

on 5/29/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin ref: Lanc�me Teint Miracle 005 Beige Ivoire (Ivory), Dior Nude/Star/Airflash in Ivory, Mac: NC15.

I bought this blusher back in January-ish, so I've been using this for approximately 5-6mths. I've read that this is the Nars Orgasm for medium-deep skinned ladies, and that this is only for medium to deep skinned ladies. NOT TRUE!!. As you can see above from the ref section I am a fair skinned lady, with v v subtle yellow-beige undertone. I am neutral skew warm undertoned but the warmth is very soft. Fairer skinned ladies CAN wear this, I would recommend this for a warm undertoned lady. This is stunning on my skin, simply stunning. I feel for someone cooler toned this could possibly look orange on them. I maybe wrong. I'm not one for glitter, hate the stuff; Torrid does have glitter but it's a very finely milled. This deserves more hype than what Orgasm gets. I've tried Orgasm and ended up passing it onto my sister, she likes it way more than I ever did. It cant be compared to orgasm because it's not in same colour family. Orgasm's a peachy-pink, Torrid's a coral. Bottom line: Its my top 3 fave blushes. Fairer skinned ladies can absolutely wear this.

on 9/16/2015 3:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Lovely summer blush on my NC10-15 skin. I don't find it being too glittery and actually I was kind of worried it would be too intense on my light skin but lightly used it just perfect. Overall very good quality as can be expected from a nars blush.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It's nice, but I have a huge collection of blushes and I wasn't that crazy about this one on my BB warm natural, 4.5 skintone. It was ok just not crazy about it I already own orgasam and it shows up for me, and I brought Bobbi Brown Santa Barabra which I like more, so I returned this one. Nice, if you dont have other peachy corals and don't own orgasam.

on 9/27/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Brown girls: you need this. I am sure this is flattering on just about any skin tone, as long as you apply it right, but I think this is one of those essential shades that all brown girls need because it looks AMAZING on our skin tone (I'm Paki). And in general, it is a great shade for those with medium to darker complexions! I think it was even awarded "Best Blush for Olive Skin" by InStyle.

Torrid is different enough to be unique from the other Nars shades (I would know, I own way too many..). It's very very pigmented so be careful when you apply. It's a stunning, coral golden-y shade. The texture is soft and buttery and it applies like a dream. The gold shimmer is pretty subtle, so no worries for the glitter-wary. I don't think it's that comparable to Orgasm, but if you're generally looking for this kind of shade, Torrid is the clear winner (orgasm has more pink, more visible glitter, and the color doesn't show up very well - although I do love orgasm for what it is). This is one of the prettiest shades I own and I just love wearing this. Currently trying to get as much use out of this as possible until winter hits..

PS: For those reading this review that want more brown girl shade recs - shades that look absolutely amazing on our skin tones - I also highly recommend Taj Mahal, Desire, & Sin. All very different from each other.

PPS (PSS?): I bought this the same time I bought Deep Throat, and they're very very different from each other. I actually ended up returning DT, didn't think it was anything special.

on 10/20/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really liked the color of this blush, it's a really pretty color, especially for us with a darker skin tone. I went into Sephora with my mind set out to buy "Orgasm" but found that it wasn't appropriate for my skin tone. It actually didn't show up at all, no matter how much the poor girl at the store applied. So I ended up buying "torrid". However I was a bit disappointed, I'm an NC35 (when I'm winter-pale, in the summer I'm a lot darker) and it still barely shows up on my skin. I have to use a lot for it to even show, and it wears off really easily. It does not last me a workday on my oily skin. So I will not be repurchasing it again. If you want this color (it looks exactly the same) but that holds all day and actually shows up on your face with just a little product, I can definitely recommend Tarte's Amazonian clay 12 hour blush in Charisma, It's my new go-to everyday blush.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great shade of blush. This is definitely one of the more pigmented shades and only a very light hand is required to pick up colour. This is somewhere in between Dolce Vita and Gilda with Shimmer. This is a warm shade of blush and I prefer my blush to be very natural looking so I just apply a small amount. I would definitely recommend this based on the pigmentation and the colour.

Popular Blush Products